It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: View from the 603
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:47 pm 

Pfft. Just a game, right? When we win, yay. When we lose, oh well.

Nice reminder. Thanks, Swiss. Enjoy the autumn in New England.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:13 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
And what fucked up is I’m traveling, so game time Monday for me is 2:20 am Tuesday morning.

Unless I can record on an iPad or pittwest leaves the recorded vid up on YouTube. . .

I’m expecting a better outing. I won’t guarantee like you Swiss, but I’m confident it’ll end positively.

There were quite a few who said after playing like shit against the Browns the Steelers would show up and whip the Chiefs at home.......yeah. I'm with you Cor-Ten, they could get whipped again. Easily.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:59 pm 

Swiss, one thing i've noticed since moving to the Boston area, is that a Steelers loss seems a lot more palatable paired with a Patriots loss.
In particular this week both teams got their collective asses kicked up and down the field. NE didn't have a lot of bright spots other than the fact that they kept Bortles under 40. Like you, I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats. And yes, beer helped.

I will say this season seems a lot more disjointed, chaotic and full of off-field noise than almost all of Tomlin's prior seasons, except maybe the shitfest that was 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:40 pm 

I remember 2006. Frustrating season. Defending SB champions. We started 2-6.

We did get our shit together and went 6-2 the rest of the way but it was too late.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:42 pm 

Havoc wrote:

We did get our shit together and went 6-2 the rest of the way but it was too late.

That season was made even shittier because, the way they turned the previous season around and went all the way, I kept holding out hope till there was literally none left. Particularly painful due to the inability to emotionally disengage.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 pm 

great points about Belicheat...when he makes a bad decision he looks like straight ass too even though I am guilty of MMQB him also.

I honestly think AB is injured and has not been right. His cuts...his elusiveness...not 4.4. 40 speed but very quick.

Here is a fact...the guy has put his career on the line for this team....I have seem him risk getting drilled down the middle...new rules or not.

Guys like him and Dez will always looked to be egotistical and attention whores but to me there is passion and emotion that gets the best of people and to me its not disrespect.

The Steelers have about 400-500 quality ypg and had 37 pts. So far I dont see the X factor of Bell and Conner has held up and picked up the blitz. Shit...they were down 21 - 0.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 pm 

Havoc wrote:

Don't forget the other defending champions year of 2009. I think that was far more of a shitfest than '06. Ben didn't have a motorcycle accident nor appendicitis prior to the season that year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:24 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Don't forget the other defending champions year of 2009. I think that was far more of a shitfest than '06. Ben didn't have a motorcycle accident nor appendicitis prior to the season that year.

So, what you're saying is, once we win the Super Bowl this season, it's going to be historically a little difficult to repeat as champions next year?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:42 am 

Havoc wrote:

Sweet, so now the Steelers are having "First round playoff embarrassment hangover" I could live with a super bowl hangover season....not this!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:40 am 

Havoc wrote:

Cowher's farewell tour. Took half a year off, more interested in patting vick's derriere than repeating. Fucker could've made a run at repeating, that team was playing some good football to round out the season.

Season ended with Holmes burning the Bungs in OT, I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:42 am 

That's exactly right, miter. Cowher has a number of fuckups that year. He blew the first bungs game by having Ricardo fucking cocleagh return punts. Basic problem was that the guy could not fucking catch. Sure snuff fumbles late opening way for winning score

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:04 am 

To make matters worse with Colclough and his PR was the way he tried to catch the ball over his head. Instead of using the basket type technique the ball would hit his stone hands and bound far away from him. That was a maddening season for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:10 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
That's exactly right, miter. Cowher has a number of fuckups that year. He blew the first bungs game by having Ricardo fucking cocleagh return punts. Basic problem was that the guy could not fucking catch. Sure snuff fumbles late opening way for winning score

Yes, we had a problem with fumbling punt returns which really cost us in a game or 2

Both losses in the second half of the season were to Baltimore. The combined score of those 2 games... 58-7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Cowher's farewell tour. Took half a year off, more interested in patting vick's derriere than repeating. Fucker could've made a run at repeating, that team was playing some good football to round out the season.

Season ended with Holmes burning the Bungs in OT, I believe.

Great recall

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:55 pm 

Havoc wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Yes, we had a problem with fumbling punt returns which really cost us in a game or 2

Both losses in the second half of the season were to Baltimore. The combined score of those 2 games... 58-7

What an awful season. I was at the opener and had a blast with my brother. I then went to the Ravens game in Baltimore. What a shitshow. Cowher had completely checked out. Ben gets strip sacked and the Ravens return it for a touchdown. It looked like Bens arm was going forward but Cowher didn't challenge it. He walked the other way with his head down. I knew he was retiring at the end of the season that day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:48 am 

I was at that opener as well, where Charlie Batch & Steelers pulled out a late win v. Dolphins.

Was a classic ChiTraderRob tailgate. I have a pic that I'll try to find of....me, ChiTraderRob, Ron, StillThere, MDisSteelerCountry.