It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:41 am 

Kodiak wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Please re-read what I wrote and tell me where I was defending Tomlin.

I mean, you're such a gerbil you can't even see it any more. Please pull your head out of Tomin's ass, and then perhaps people can start to take you seriously.

Oh no, people around here won't take me seriously! HOW WILL I EVER RECOVER?!?!?

Seriously though, this place is such a fucking joke anymore. Most of the posters here routinely overreact to the dumbest shit and look for reasons to be mad at Tomlin. I can only imagine you people are well adjusted adults in real life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:33 am 

fortythree wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
fortythree wrote:

I mean, you're such a gerbil you can't even see it any more. Please pull your head out of Tomin's ass, and then perhaps people can start to take you seriously.

Seriously though, this place is such a fucking joke anymore. Most of the posters here routinely overreact to the dumbest shit and look for reasons to be mad at Tomlin. I can only imagine you people are well adjusted adults in real life.
actually, I think many posters here are not well adjusted in real life. But I agree with the rest of your post. And I’ll also add that some people are so full of themselves(without basis), that they wouldn’t know humility if it punched them in the face. The “mr-know-it-all” syndrome in full glory.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:46 am 

Yeah the part about being well-adjusted was sarcasm.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:34 am 

Hear we go, now we’re gonna start hearing how lucky we are to have this bug-eyed fuck on the sidelines.

:roll:

He’s never had a losing season, you know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:58 am 

If I'm Antonio Brown I stay away out of humiliation. The start to this season isn't exactly how I saw it unfolding either. Now that, that's out of the way get back to work....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:03 am 

Ice wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
I bet Bell is reading this board and laughing his ass off right now. I would be.

Honestly, his absence is so far down the list of this team's issues that I could barely give a fuck.

Actually his absence has nothing to do with the losses. The offense hasn't been the problem so much as other things.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:07 am 

KC wrote:
Hear we go, now we’re gonna start hearing how lucky we are to have this bug-eyed fuck on the sidelines.

:roll:

He’s never had a losing season, you know.

But you see that's the justification.

The losing seasons will start in earnest when Ben isn't there to carry the team anymore.

So after a decade of 6-10, maybe the Rooneys will consider asking him to retire, need stability you know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am 

Kodiak wrote:

So where are the talking heads now with their diatribes about softscrub and oven mits and shit?

When I called you out for being a dumb shit and making wildly stupid comments with absolutely no basis whatsoever, your buddies showed up to protect you and chastised me.

Well, I don't even think 43 was making the point you say he was. And yet you show up, wrong as usual, holier than thou, and drop that same old tired line about not being taken seriously. As if that matters!! You have thousands of stupid comments on a message board. All hail Kodiak!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:01 am 

fortythree wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Yes this board overreacts. That's a given. That's probably every sports team board on the internet ever. People take sports way too seriously because it's a release from everyday life.

With that said, the things that are happening now have been slowly building up over the past 2-3 seasons whether it be social media or drug suspensions. This is by far the worst I've seen when it comes to the off/on field theatrics under Tomlin this early in the season. It doesn't help that we've played like shit on both sides of the ball at various times. Sure, you can say the off the field stuff doesn't matter, but look at how undisciplined this team is on the field. We currently lead the league in penalties per game at 12. That's 3 more than the next worst team.

This isn't us jumping to conclusions. There is a clear trend whether you want to see it or not and it's over multiple seasons now.

I stand by the fact that Tomlin was great when there was a veteran laden team that could control the locker room on their own. Now that we have a very young team without a bonafide leader in the locker room, the cracks are getting wider.

Unfortunately, I don't think Tomlin can just change his stripes overnight. It might be time to consider bringing in a fresh head coach. Organizations (Both in sports and business) do it all the time. Yes Steelers pride themselves on stability, but stability can breed complacency and staleness. Change can be a great thing.

I don't mean to diminish the accomplishments Tomlin has had here (His winning % speaks for itself), but I think this team needs new leadership. Someone who can get these young guys in line, focused, and develop them. We could can Tomlin and he goes on to another team and has success. It wouldn't surprise me. But that doesn't mean he was going to continue to have success here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:44 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
Yes this board overreacts. That's a given. That's probably every sports team board on the internet ever. People take sports way too seriously because it's a release from everyday life.

Well, I can't speak for anyone other than myself....but most of the hyperbole I interject is for sarcasm and humor. It's a frickin' game, a lot of people are just busting balls and not actually melting down.

But some people saying people take themselves too seriously lack....ummmm.....self-awareness.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm 

According to BSPN, AB has been "disciplined" for missing practice Monday. Two week ping pong ban? Bring your own tokens at Dave and Buster's? Inquiring minds want to know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 pm 

Ice wrote:
According to BSPN, AB has been "disciplined" for missing practice Monday. Two week ping pong ban? Bring your own tokens at Dave and Buster's? Inquiring minds want to know.

Has to use the ping pong paddles that have severely worn and uneven surfaces.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:18 pm 

Ice wrote:

That should be its own thread - who would actually have the balls to sit AB in what is almost a must-win game?

I'd sit him the first quarter. Don't think I could do more than that (and if we win the toss, I'm deferring :D ).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:09 pm 

The one thing that I am having a hard time with is the arguments that the Steelers have to throw to Brown even more. No!!

Brown's career high in terms of being targeted came in 2015, you know his monster season where he had 136 catches for 1,834 yards, etc.

He was targeted 193 times that season in 16 games, that is an average of 12 targets per game.

Through the first two games, Brown has 33 targets, which is an average of 16.5 targets pre game, which projected out for a 16 game season would be 264. No way in hell is that going to continue, his targets are going to decrease if anything, come down to a normal 10-12 targets per game.

I had a rather controversial post this summer where I talked about how the top WRs, or some of the big name top WRs, how they need such a ridiculous amount of targets to put up their lofty fantasy football stats, and most often to the detriment of their team, to the offense. I pointed out how many of these top WRs need more and more targets, how their catch percentages becomes lower and lower with the increased volume of targets, there is a point of diminishing returns.

Brown in 2015, on those 193 targets caught 136, that is a catch percentage of 70.5.

Brown in 2018 on those 33 targets caught 18, that is a catch percentage of 54.5.

If you look at the last 4 seasons, his catch percentage has been slowly decreasing, from 70.5, to 68.8, to 62.0 last season and now 54.5 through the first two games of this season.

I know many think that this is crazy talk, you feed Brown the ball, you throw it to him over and over, just like you feed the ball to Bell, over and over, yet for all of that where is the points? Where are all of the touchdowns?

Brown to me is slowing down, is 30 now, he and the Steelers have to realize that his days of catching 136 passes or having 1,600 yards or 1,800 yards in a season are over. Even when he did that it did not get us to the Super Bowl, and now that you have to give him more and more and more targets to make that happen? That is folly.

This offense HAS to spread the ball around. Instead of Brown seeing 16 targets per game and catching 54% of them, he should instead be targeted 8 times a game, catch 70% of them and end the season with 90 catches. The rest of those excessive targets could then be spread around the offense, get everybody else involved.

And if Brown can't handle the notion of going from 136 down to 90 as his new normal? Then we may have a problem. Then maybe the Steelers do have to think of trading him if it comes to that.

Last edited by Scunge on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:26 pm 

That catch percentage for Brown this season is rough, but there were conservatively 4-6 overthrows to him on Sunday. Didn't remember to count vs the Browns, but when you sit your #1 WR and #1 QB all preseason, some of this is inevitable.

I agree that the target pace for Brown cannot continue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 pm 

If AB gets only 8 targets a game, there will be a meltdown of epic proportions...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm 

Kaboly just tweeted that he spoke to some players after today’s practice and supposedly Tomlin “laid down the law”.

So I’m thinking that means they took the ping pong table out of the locker room altogether...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 pm 

Didn't ping pong removal precede the infamous "unleashing of Hell in December?"

Benstonium's latest Instagram post pretty much nails how I'm thinking things went. Too computer illiterate and lazy to link it, but worth the look see.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:03 pm 

Remember Scunge, game flow was the reason for all the targets.

Throwing 60x will take some QB 2+ games to reach. It’s very hard to measure rest of season based on 2 games individually. As an entire team, I completely disagree with Tomlin about not wanting to paint with a broad brush. Major defensive issues won’t correct themselves by getting Brett Huntley at QB instead of Aaron Rodgers this year either.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:15 pm 

Quote:
Whitlock: "There's one house that keeps having drama, and there's one parent at the house. At some point you have to look at Mike Tomlin and say aye man your house is animal house."

@WhitlockJason on Mike Tomlin losing control of the Steelers.

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/1042202359710007297

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 pm 

Ice wrote:
Didn't ping pong removal precede the infamous "unleashing of Hell in December?"

Benstonium's latest Instagram post pretty much nails how I'm thinking things went. Too computer illiterate and lazy to link it, but worth the look see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7ZqKYBiiB ... atd0ey15l4

:o :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:40 pm 

It is a joke what happening with this team but it starts with the guy on top

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:10 am 

steelmann58 wrote:
It is a joke what happening with this team but it starts with the guy on top

Tomlin will pull us out of this!

Last edited by Kodiak on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:26 pm 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24743216/losing-antonio-brown-pittsburgh-steelers-fired-up

More AB Comments on BSPN. I actually agree with most of it. I have no doubts that AB cares a lot about this team winning. He's far and away the hardest worker at his craft on the team. I'd probably just give him a pass on this one. Come out and put up 150 - 200 yards against TB and everyone forgets about it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:38 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Come out and put up 150 - 200 yards against TB and everyone forgets about it.

Sure! :D

...but come out and get double and triple teamed and cause your offense to waste opportunities to succeed - maybe even lose the game - while trying to feed you the ball, only to react by being a diva and a crybaby at the expense of the team, well then...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next