It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dupree Social Media
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:53 pm 

Social media is the end of civilization as we know it. Idiots were not meant to have voices, myself included.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:55 pm 

Don't press send! Don't press send!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:56 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Dupree would fit right in at the gameday thread.

Maybe KC and Dupree are the same person?

Nah, Bud would have wished ball cancer on the dude if that were true.

That would get too awkward if true....he'd have to call himself "Butt Buddy Dupree, the one-balled paycheck thief"...or something.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:32 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Social media is the end of civilization as we know it. Idiots were not meant to have voices, myself included.

I believe it encourages anti-social behaviors.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:35 pm 

He might as well have been at that guy's girl's house.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Another Mensa candidate

From the trib:

Brown wasn't the only Steelers player to engage a fan on social media following the team's 42-37 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Bud Dupree apparently sent a direct message to fan Russ Dickson who wondered where the outside linebacker "was all game."
Wrote Dupree: "I was at your girl house (innuendo deleted). Wat u gone do."

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/ ... hiefs-loss

The reply is so juvenile it compares to "I know you are but what am I". If he is that stoopid how can you expect him to even understand basic assignments on the football field. Please cut him

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Another Mensa candidate

From the trib:

Brown wasn't the only Steelers player to engage a fan on social media following the team's 42-37 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Bud Dupree apparently sent a direct message to fan Russ Dickson who wondered where the outside linebacker "was all game."

So he got trolled by a turd, only to act like a bigger turd.

A lot of knuckleadedness (or worse) on this team right now. It's getting tiresome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:33 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Another Mensa candidate

From the trib:

So his social media game is as original and effective as his on-field game? At least he is consistent?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:44 pm 

The most unlikeable team I can remember in my days as a Steelers fan. From Art2 down - hard to support these guys.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:50 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:

Ha! Awesome

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:12 pm 

I hear you hard to root for this team and i have said it starts with the Head coach but also the top man in Art. this bull crap needs to end this team is becoming a laughing stock.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Another Mensa candidate

From the trib:

My response would have been: "I had a traffic cone blocking the front door, so no way you would have gotten past."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:03 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
The most unlikeable team I can remember in my days as a Steelers fan. From Art2 down - hard to support these guys.

Spot on. Heyward is about the only guy I can root for.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:20 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

^^THIS^^

You know it's getting bad when Pit spots the opponent 21 points in the first quarter and your heart rate doesn't rise. I told my wife that I wasn't going to tell at the tv after last season. She didn't believe me. She said, "That's amazing. I didn't even know they were playing!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:45 am 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Spot on. Heyward is about the only guy I can root for.

Watt also seems to be one of the few with passion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:36 pm 

the-other-burg wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Another Mensa candidate

From the trib:

My response would have been: "I had a traffic cone blocking the front door, so no way you would have gotten past."

:lol: +1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:45 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

That would entail a massive amount of self-loathing, as well as wishing multiple cases of ball cancer on himself. Maybe KC is Dupree's self-hating split personality?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:18 pm 

Ice wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

That would entail a massive amount of self-loathing, as well as wishing multiple cases of ball cancer on himself. Maybe KC is Dupree's self-hating split personality?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:38 pm 

Loved Unbreakable and Split

Looking forward to Glass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:46 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:

Pretty much where I'm at too.
Suwanee, GA's own Cam Heyward still by far my favorite. Countless stories about what a good guy he is.
I think the organization might even share your opinion as well, Suwanee.
The past two drafts have really seemed to focus on high character kids... TJ Watt, Juju, last year and now Terrell Edmunds, James Washington and Mason Rudolph.
The Dolphins jettisoned some cancers (Ajayi, Suh etc) now they're 2-0.
I'm not advocating a trade of AB, but I sure wish he'd just STFU and play football. Mental midget he is

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:00 pm 

AirRescueFF wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

I believe it encourages anti-social behaviors.

Non-psychopaths have inhibitions for a reason. Self-editing good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:13 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Pretty much where I'm at too.
Suwanee, GA's own Cam Heyward still by far my favorite. Countless stories about what a good guy he is.
I think the organization might even share your opinion as well, Suwanee.
The past two drafts have really seemed to focus on high character kids... TJ Watt, Juju, last year and now Terrell Edmunds, James Washington and Mason Rudolph.
The Dolphins jettisoned some cancers (Ajayi, Suh etc) now they're 2-0.
I'm not advocating a trade of AB, but I sure wish he'd just STFU and play football. Mental midget he is

Huh?

They jettisoned Ajayi who went on to play a big role helping win a Super Bowl, the Dolphins continued to sputter. Don't look too much into their 2-0 start, neither win was too impressive but I understand your point for us.

And ask Mike Tomlin what he thinks of having only played 2 games thus far when you ask him if it "is scheme and not the players" defensively. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:35 pm 

It's only been two games that the D sucked and the team looked liked cold shit on the field

:roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:56 am 

In looking at the footage, it sure looks a whole lot more like Jimmies and Joes and less like playcalls. Unless you take into consideration that the Steelers haven't been good in Even safety coverage looks for at least two years. The Safeties and LBs have such bad instincts in coverages where throws are funneled to the seams.

On the long Watkins catch, presnap motion changed the Steelers coverage, only Sean Davis didn't switch to the same one as everybody else. On the following Kelce TD, it was mostly a great throw and catch but Bostic doesn't really commit to dropping in the middle of that C2, even though its Kelce. On the other Kelce TD, TJ Watt is in perfect position but also doesn't turn and run with Kelce, even though there's nothing underneath him close to being as important. On the long Hill TD, Burns is left on an island vs Hill, but I think it's designed for him to have S help that is nowhere near arriving because of a late decision/instincts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
In looking at the footage, it sure looks a whole lot more like Jimmies and Joes and less like playcalls. Unless you take into consideration that the Steelers haven't been good in Even safety coverage looks for at least two years. The Safeties and LBs have such bad instincts in coverages where throws are funneled to the seams.

On the long Watkins catch, presnap motion changed the Steelers coverage, only Sean Davis didn't switch to the same one as everybody else. On the following Kelce TD, it was mostly a great throw and catch but Bostic doesn't really commit to dropping in the middle of that C2, even though its Kelce. On the other Kelce TD, TJ Watt is in perfect position but also doesn't turn and run with Kelce, even though there's nothing underneath him close to being as important. On the long Hill TD, Burns is left on an island vs Hill, but I think it's designed for him to have S help that is nowhere near arriving because of a late decision/instincts.

Do you notice that the defensive players are looking around seconds before the snap, confused frequently?
Look I get that occasionally you'll have a player not hear a call right or misaligned. People are human. But man it seems like damn fire drill frequently with this defense. They've had almost a 1 year with a full offseason without Shazier to adjust. That screams to me a coaching issue- why are so many people so confused so frequently?