It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: JC > LB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:15 pm 

Quote:
Trust me I love Oline play...And I give the Steelers Oline plenty of credit. IMO Bell would have rushed for 40-60 yards more against the Chiefs than Connor. Connor's lack of vision is staggering. 8 rushes 16 yards?

I agree that Bell likely rushes for more yards than what Conner has (and will) produced, but at some point those yards become marginal. Because yards DO NOT EQUAL points

Bell doesn't make it in the EZ as often as he should and that's a problem, especially with a team that has significant RZ problems.

Bell makes the Steelers better but not significantly so. RB's are fungible when you have a good Oline.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:24 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
Who’s Connor?

The Highlander!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:26 pm 

Is Bell better than Conner? Yes, absolutely. To me, it comes down to a cost/benefit for paying Bell so much money.

I personally don't view it as "Bell vs. Conner"; I view it as "Bell vs. Conner & Patrick Peterson"; or Bell vs. Conner & Carlos Dunlap; or Bell vs Conner & Luke Kuechly. For the money saved in not signing Bell, the Steelers can go after a premier defensive player. Every guy I just listed would cost less than Bell is asking.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:32 pm 

Conner had 9.6 Y/R in the passing game which does not include a spectacular catch he made not in bounds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 pm 

FC wrote:
John Connor on his best day....I mean everything is perfect.

Could not carry Bells stinky smelly jockstrap.

Connor's lack of vision and questionable ball security make the comparison moronic IMO

Bell greatness is taken for granted by Steelers fans.

So much this. JC has shown to be an NFL caliber back. LB has a chance to be a HOFer. As for the “more points” argument, that’s on coaches not LB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:34 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Conner had 9.6 Y/R in the passing game which does not include a spectacular catch he made not in bounds.

I still think he caught that. 1 foot and 1 hand in bounds. Great catch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:37 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I still think he caught that. 1 foot and 1 hand in bounds. Great catch.

More to the point the knee hit in bounds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:38 pm 

This offense is averaging 28 pts/g after 2 games without Bell and that includes a downpour for part of the game in cleveland (plus 1 extra quarter)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:46 pm 

https://mobile.twitter.com/akinkhabwala ... 3885634560

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:46 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
Who’s Connor?

The running back with fumbling issues going back to college

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:14 pm 

FC wrote:
Steel Mike wrote:
Who’s Connor?

Yeah, he's just like the Bus. If it weren't for JB's fumbling issues, he would have been a great rb. That fumble on the goal line against the Colts sealed it for me. Why didn't we trade Bettis after that? Obviously, you can't fumble in a situation like that. If it weren't for Ben's miraculous shoe string tackle, we lose that game, and the subsequent SB. Bettis was a bum. Fat, slow, couldn't hang on to the ball when it mattered. What a waste of a roster space. We should have learned from that mistake and never drafted Connor in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 pm 

7forSteel wrote:
FC wrote:
Steel Mike wrote:
Who’s Connor?

Yeah, he's just like the Bus. If it weren't for JB's fumbling issues, he would have been a great rb. That fumble on the goal line against the Colts sealed it for me. Why didn't we trade Bettis after that? Obviously, you can't fumble in a situation like that. If it weren't for Ben's miraculous shoe string tackle, we lose that game, and the subsequent SB. Bettis was a bum. Fat, slow, couldn't hang on to the ball when it mattered. What a waste of a roster space. We should have learned from that mistake and never drafted Connor in the first place.

I understand the sarcasm...And at no point did I compare Conner to another NFL back. Since you asked

John Conner is a poor mans version of Tim Worley

He should not be mentioned in the same breathe as Bettis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:14 am 

FC wrote:

John Conner

Is he here to lead the resistance against Skynet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:32 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
FC wrote:

John Conner

Is he here to lead the resistance against Skynet?

No, that would be John Connor.

John Conner is the poor schmuck that gets lit-up in a nightclub because Skynet can't spell.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:05 am 

Bell now removed from the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:40 am 

AirRescueFF wrote:
ill go out on a limb and posit Bell will no longer be a steeler from this point forward. As far as I remember, no steeler has held out two games and joined the roster in good faith. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
AirRescueFF wrote:
ill go out on a limb and posit Bell will no longer be a steeler from this point forward. As far as I remember, no steeler has held out two games and joined the roster in good faith. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Rod Woodson.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 am 

SteelPro wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
AirRescueFF wrote:

Rod Woodson.

Sign him up at CB or S.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
AirRescueFF wrote:

Never see the field again as a Steeler, I agree. Never a Steeler? I wouldn’t be surprised if they tag him again next year out of spite.

Does anyone else think Bell has put on some pounds from the wave runner video?

What is all this talk about Connor doesn’t have vision? Did you all see that spin move against two Chefs? If he can see that, the rest will come. I think we have a pretty good RB coach who will help him pause at black and get to day light. He needs games under his belt, and confidence that he is the bell cow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:39 pm 

I'm going to continue to pound this drum...

This offense will keep rolling without Bell sans a dumpster fire at the rb position. No dumpster fire (yet at least).

2017... 26.4 ppg
2018... 28 ppg

2017... 5th in Pts/Dr
2018... 15th in Pts/Dr. We were 25th after the cleveland hurricane plus the extra possessions in OT without scoring. We jumped 10 spots after game 2.

I expect Pts/Dr to keep climbing sans key injuries.

Arguably the best stretch of offense we ever had since the drafting of Bell was without Bell on the field...

In 2015 during the stretch of games DWill started and finished Oak thru Balt we averaged 30+ ppg. And that includes the loss in Baltimore when we reverted to our play it close to the vest attrition annual dumbfest only scoring 17 pts. We ran the offense differently during the first half of those games sans the attrition dumbfest than we usually did with Bell. It was more dangerous, more dynamic, and most importantly scored more points.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:07 pm 

Conner has been a stud receiving the football first 2 games. Hands are looking impressive. I like his slashing in the open field. Eats up yds at a pretty good pace

Quote:
He is currently averaging 11.5 yards after the catch, some of which of course comes behind the line of scrimmage, and has forced seven missed tackles on his 10 receptions.

Only Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, and Saquon Barkey among running backs have produced more missed tackles on receptions than has Conner—by one—and the latter two have five and six more receptions than he does, respectively.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/09/james-conner-so-far-successfully-matching-leveon-bells-receiving-role/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:29 pm 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/le ... spartandhp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:38 pm 

AirRescueFF wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/leveon-bells-holdout-has-reached-point-of-career-damaging-consequences/ar-BBNz8yC?ocid=spartandhp

A one-year "prove it" deal? Could you imagine - Bell would be laughed out of the league for some of the costliest stupidity in sports history.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:12 am 

AirRescueFF wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/leveon-bells-holdout-has-reached-point-of-career-damaging-consequences/ar-BBNz8yC?ocid=spartandhp

Almost exactly what I've been saying. Only thing left out was declining ability. One year makes a difference. And he is doing exactly what I thought he would...letting himself go.

His body went from football shape to off season shape to now out of shape (for his position). Resetting your body physically, for strength and endurance, to on-field levels isn't easy when you are just transitioning from offseason to game ready. And these athletes are programmed to do that. They've been doing it since high school.

But he is not even in off season shape. I don't believe his body will be ready for this season, and I don't think he will be the same back as a result if/when he comes back.