It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JC > LB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:54 am 

Yeah, I said it. JC is better than Lev Bell. Bell could not have performed better than JC in any facet of the game yesterday. He ran harder, broke tackles, blocked well, caught everything threw at him, and did it at a fraction of what Bell would get.

Since Lev arrived on the scene, we average over 20 yards MORE per game without him than with. And now with JC starting, that average will go up. As long as we're not playing in catch up mode for 50 minutes a game, he'll put up big numbers.

Post subject: Re: JC > LB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:46 am 

Huh....I thought this thread would be about how Jesus Christ was better than Lebron James.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:49 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Huh....I thought this thread would be about how Jesus Christ was better than Lebron James.

Oh, it was. Damned autocorrect.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:05 am 

Don't know if I'd go that far but I wouldn't at all be surprised if JC was getting MORE targets in the passing game than Lev Bell did. I'm amazed with the hardheadedness of this organization. When they want to prove a point they really go all out to prove a point.

Meanwhile JCs pass blocking remains laughable. I saw a couple of things this week that made me crack up. He can barely even get in the way.

They ought to completely give up on the notion of him chipping and have him just go out as an outlet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:15 am 

They're 0-1-1 with JC and the tie is largely due to an ill-timed fumble of his.

No I'm not pinning the blame on Conner, I've been happy with his efforts overall (still warts like blocking as mentioned). But I don't remember Bell ever fumbling in a similar situation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:34 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
They're 0-1-1 with JC and the tie is largely due to an ill-timed fumble of his.

No I'm not pinning the blame on Conner, I've been happy with his efforts overall (still warts like blocking as mentioned). But I don't remember Bell ever fumbling in a similar situation.

The Steelers are the first team in NFL since 1940 to score 37 or more points at home with 0 turnovers and lose, per Scott Kacsmar with Football Outsiders. Yeah, not going to blame the offense yesterday.

Connor doesn't have Bell's vision or power. Certainly doesn't have his balance or footwork either, both of which are why Bell is such a great player. I've been surprised at how he's done in the passing game and his blocking hasn't been awful. He's a good young player, but that's about as far as I would go.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:14 am 

Conner is better because he is playing and Bell is not.

Last edited by jebrick on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:16 am 

Who’s Connor?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:20 am 

Steel Mike wrote:
Who’s Connor?

the girl in the 1st terminator movie :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 am 

jebrick wrote:
Steel Mike wrote:
Who’s Connor?

Hahahaha.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:00 am 

jebrick wrote:
Steel Mike wrote:
Who’s Connor?

Can she play defense?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:42 am 

7forSteel wrote:
Yeah, I said it. JC is better than Lev Bell. Bell could not have performed better than JC in any facet of the game yesterday. He ran harder, broke tackles, blocked well, caught everything threw at him, and did it at a fraction of what Bell would get.

Since Lev arrived on the scene, we average over 20 yards MORE per game without him than with. And now with JC starting, that average will go up. As long as we're not playing in catch up mode for 50 minutes a game, he'll put up big numbers.

He beats Bell’s 2013 stats by a bunch!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:51 am 

jebrick wrote:

Also:
Bell's salary - $14.5m
Conner's salary - $750k

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:58 am 

If Leveon Bell could play defense, he could help this team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:58 am 

Pabst wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Also:
Bell's salary - $14.5m
Conner's salary - $750k

Yup. Though his haircut should arouse enough suspicion to warrant a drug test.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:11 am 

In case anyone is wondering, Ben R. is the second leading rusher on the team right now.

Our backup running back Barry Switzer is 3rd, Ridley has 2 yards rushing through 2 games and Jaylen Samuels is vacationing in the Bermuda Triangle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:48 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
In case anyone is wondering, Ben R. is the second leading rusher on the team right now.

Our backup running back Barry Switzer is 3rd, Ridley has 2 yards rushing through 2 games and Jaylen Samuels is vacationing in the Bermuda Triangle.

So glad we kept Jaylen on the active roster- he's really making a difference!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:04 pm 

James Washington needed to sit one game while a less talented and trusted vet got his chance. ( Hunter )

Not sure of what the mind chart says on this, but maybe Samuels needs 2 games or more ( Switz )

I think Switz is a nice upgrade at punt and kick off returns from last year, last 6-7 years.

But would like to think Samuels is a better all around weapon as second or third back into game.
After all he did get a pretty good workload in Pre-season. Played in all 4 games, 28 carries.

Didn't Ridley get some good snaps in pre-season too.
Didn't he carry the ball 26 times for over 100 yards with the PS last year.

How we went from Connor getting 31 carries and 36 touches.....to the extreme of having Switz as the second man in and back-up running back.
I do not think he played any pre-season games with the Steelers.

Its just beyond comprehension.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:12 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
James Washington needed to sit one game while a less talented and trusted vet got his chance. ( Hunter )

Not sure of what the mind chart says on this, but maybe Samuels needs 2 games or more ( Switz )

I think Switz is a nice upgrade at punt and kick off returns from last year, last 6-7 years.

But would like to think Samuels is a better all around weapon as second or third back into game.
After all he did get a pretty good workload in Pre-season. Played in all 4 games, 28 carries.

How we went from Connor getting 31 carries and 36 touches.....to the extreme of having Switz as the second man in and back-up running back.

It’s so Tomlin - - - signing Switzer as the PR/KR was a great move and one Tomlin should be applauded for. Good Tomlin.

Then we tie Cleveland and the only other guy who got a carry that game was Switzer and for shit. Does anyone fear Switzer as a running back? Fuck no. Bad Tomlin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:42 pm 

I like Switz a lot on punt returns. Think he has some potential on this offense.

In the past I would have preferred a longer strider on KO returns but due to less KO returns in the league I don't really care.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:44 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:

It’s so Tomlin - - - signing Switzer as the PR/KR was a great move and one Tomlin should be applauded for. Good Tomlin.

Then we tie Cleveland and the only other guy who got a carry that game was Switzer and for shit. Does anyone fear Switzer as a running back? Fuck no. Bad Tomlin.

Yea I don't mind Switz as an OCCASIONAL guy in the backfield, but they've tried him twice in consecutive weeks. He reminds me of Chris Rainey when he runs the ball. Glad to have him as a WR and Returner though. After 4 yrs looks like Tomlin FINALLY learned his lesson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:48 pm 

Havoc wrote:
I like Switz a lot on punt returns. Think he has some potential on this offense.

In the past I would have preferred a longer strider on KO returns but due to less KO returns in the league I don't really care.

I've not seen anything from Switzer that convinces me he should get RB/WR snaps.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:50 pm 

John Connor on his best day....I mean everything is perfect.

Could not carry Bells stinky smelly jockstrap.

Connor's lack of vision and questionable ball security make the comparison moronic IMO

Bell greatness is taken for granted by Steelers fans.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:55 pm 

FC wrote:

Bell greatness is taken for granted by Steelers fans.

I don't think that's the case- AT ALL

Everyone knows Bell is a great RB, elite.
But when you look at the results and stat lines you can reasonable conclude that the production of the featured back is more a function of the OLine vs anything else.

Conner is a very average back but yet he's putting up some damn good #'s. Hmmm...wonder why...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:07 pm 

Quote:
I don't think that's the case- AT ALL

4 threads at this site started by 4 different posters stating Connor is better than Bell.

Quote:
Everyone knows Bell is a great RB, elite.

Actually they dont or I would not have posted what I did.

Quote:
But when you look at the results and stat lines you can reasonable conclude that the production of the featured back is more a function of the OLine vs anything else.

Trust me I love Oline play...And I give the Steelers Oline plenty of credit. IMO Bell would have rushed for 40-60 yards more against the Chiefs than Connor. Connor's lack of vision is staggering. 8 rushes 16 yards?

Does Ben Brown Juju make Bell's job easier....Yes. It also can be said Bell makes Brown Ben and Juju job easier