It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
COR-TEN wrote:
I actually missed the last minutes of the game. Missed the BR TD. But upon watching 15 minutes of highlights, artie burns was burned for three TD's. They seemed to be picking on him.

I also noticed that all the big plays the steelers offense had were busted plays extended by BR scrambling and looking for someone open. This is common and it seemed to be the MO last season.

It appears the offense can't just run a play and be successful. That's just my observation after watching live and in replays. This is of major concern. If they have to rely on BR scrambling and directing traffic, playing superman just to compete. . . That's a major problem. If BR isn't playing right, it's a guaranteed loss. This is the definition of placing all your eggs in one basket. Or the AB BR basket.


Agreed totally. KC schemes guys open; we are still relying waaaaay too much on guys winning 1 on 1 battles; I’ve seen some nice things from Fitchner through two games but have gripes with the following:

1. 3 or 4 wasted deep balls yesterday to Washington; come on already.
2. WR screens
3. Handoffs to Barold Switzer
4. Empty set on or within 3 yards of the goal line

Randy has his hands full though if he’s expected to do more after scoring 21 in a hurricane and 37 at home with no turnovers and be 0-1-1 on the season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 12083
Orangesteel wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I actually missed the last minutes of the game. Missed the BR TD. But upon watching 15 minutes of highlights, artie burns was burned for three TD's. They seemed to be picking on him.

I also noticed that all the big plays the steelers offense had were busted plays extended by BR scrambling and looking for someone open. This is common and it seemed to be the MO last season.

It appears the offense can't just run a play and be successful. That's just my observation after watching live and in replays. This is of major concern. If they have to rely on BR scrambling and directing traffic, playing superman just to compete. . . That's a major problem. If BR isn't playing right, it's a guaranteed loss. This is the definition of placing all your eggs in one basket. Or the AB BR basket.


Agreed totally. KC schemes guys open; we are still relying waaaaay too much on guys winning 1 on 1 battles; I’ve seen some nice things from Fitchner through two games but have gripes with the following:

1. 3 or 4 wasted deep balls yesterday to Washington; come on already.
2. WR screens
3. Handoffs to Barold Switzer
4. Empty set on or within 3 yards of the goal line

Randy has his hands full though if he’s expected to do more after scoring 21 in a hurricane and 37 at home with no turnovers and be 0-1-1 on the season.


Deep balls to Washington are a very good idea, if Josh Dobbs or Mason Rudolph are throwing them.

Ben and Waashington, having had like ZERO fucking time together in the preseason, have ZERO chemistry.

If Ben plays again next season, that fucker needs to play A LOT more in the preseason. Fuck the getting injured worries.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
I might've finally been right about something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 am
Posts: 3048
Loser: my sanity

Scoring at 1:59? what the bloody hell?

Then allowing a 9 yard run on first down?

FWIW every single kickoff was a good candidate for an onsides kick. every. single. one.

_________________
#IDrinkandIKnowThings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4469
Often when a qb has a crazy # of attempts, he also has low Y/A

Ben yesterday...

39/60 452 yds 7.5 Y/A 3 TDs throwing 1 TD rushing Int 0


Last edited by Havoc on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 am
Posts: 3048
Havoc wrote:
Often when a qb has a crazy # of attempts, he also has low Y/A

Ben yesterday...

39/60 452 yds 7.5 Y/A 3 TDs throwing 1 TD rushing Int 0

That's a beastly day at the office.


True. What's funny though is that he missed a ton of throws. That KC defense is probably worse than the steelers.

_________________
#IDrinkandIKnowThings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Orangesteel wrote:
Agreed totally. KC schemes guys open; we are still relying waaaaay too much on guys winning 1 on 1 battles; I’ve seen some nice things from Fitchner through two games but have gripes with the following:

1. 3 or 4 wasted deep balls yesterday to Washington; come on already.
2. WR screens
3. Handoffs to Barold Switzer
4. Empty set on or within 3 yards of the goal line

Randy has his hands full though if he’s expected to do more after scoring 21 in a hurricane and 37 at home with no turnovers and be 0-1-1 on the season.


How in the world is anyone still living with the delusion that the bombs are OC mandated calls and not Ben's decision to go deep? That ain’t Fichtner and it wasn’t Haley. That my friend is all Ben.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7086
Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Agreed totally. KC schemes guys open; we are still relying waaaaay too much on guys winning 1 on 1 battles; I’ve seen some nice things from Fitchner through two games but have gripes with the following:

1. 3 or 4 wasted deep balls yesterday to Washington; come on already.
2. WR screens
3. Handoffs to Barold Switzer
4. Empty set on or within 3 yards of the goal line

Randy has his hands full though if he’s expected to do more after scoring 21 in a hurricane and 37 at home with no turnovers and be 0-1-1 on the season.


How in the world is anyone still living with the delusion that the bombs are OC mandated calls and not Ben's decision to go deep? That ain’t Fichtner and it wasn’t Haley. That my friend is all Ben.

As in...the game plan says if we get this certain look, go deep? Sure...all Ben. :roll:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 pm
Posts: 188
Losers?

Whoever decided not to get a real ILB or three.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 12083
Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Losers?

Whoever decided not to get a real ILB or three.


Yeah, that Edmunds pick might come back to fuck us for years to come.

He'll probably end up a decent player.

We needed better than decent and we needed an ILB. Bad.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
I might've finally been right about something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4120
KC wrote:
Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Losers?

Whoever decided not to get a real ILB or three.


Yeah, that Edmunds pick might come back to fuck us for years to come.

He'll probably end up a decent player.

We needed better than decent and we needed an ILB. Bad.


Darius Leonard was taken 8 picks after Terrell Edmunds and is coming off an 18 tackle, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble performance.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/9/17/17868088/colts-rookie-linebacker-darius-leonard-is-a-rising-star

Genard Avery who went in the fifth, who many liked on here, looks like a good find by the Browns as well.

Edmunds sucks. Has no instincts at all. He's always going to be the guy who is a second or two late. He looks tough though, so I can see why Tomlin fell in love with his worthless ass. The nepotism and arrogance around this team could use a nice implosion of a season. Unfortunately, Ben and our skill guys are too good to avoid a complete disaster.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Jobus Rum wrote:
As in...the game plan says if we get this certain look, go deep? Sure...all Ben. :roll:


Ben is on record as saying he likes to go deep on those looks. This is not breaking news. So...you can emoji eye roll at Ben.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7086
Still Lit wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
As in...the game plan says if we get this certain look, go deep? Sure...all Ben. :roll:


Ben is on record as saying he likes to go deep on those looks. This is not breaking news. So...you can emoji eye roll at Ben.

I guarantee that every team goes deep on certain looks that they like...every fucking one.
Stick to $250 blue jeans, because you’re fucking clueless about the game of football, Chicky.
Bye

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:11 am
Posts: 58
Everyone's talking about schemes,forcing a guy to get open, how to punt,blah,blah(not talking down to anyone) but to me. We win this game if YAC/contact is limited. This has been a problem with PS defense for years.
Some of these guys are drafted because they WERE such good tacklers. How many times did you see ball handlers just run through tackles, sometimes multiple on one possession! I tell ya, it's gotta be coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Jobus Rum wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
As in...the game plan says if we get this certain look, go deep? Sure...all Ben. :roll:


Ben is on record as saying he likes to go deep on those looks. This is not breaking news. So...you can emoji eye roll at Ben.

I guarantee that every team goes deep on certain looks that they like...every fucking one.
Stick to $250 blue jeans, because you’re fucking clueless about the game of football, Chicky.
Bye


Ad hominem :lol:

All I know is Ben in interviews has said if he sees single coverage on the outside he’ll take the shot, likes to take the shot.

If i’m a dumb ass about football, oh well.

Edit: what’s a Chicky?

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
I’m just saying wasting that many looks on a deep ball that isn’t anywhere near accurate with a guy that he has absolutely zero rhythm with is a bad idea.

I’m ecstatic for the day that he does develop a rhythm with Washington, but since Tomlin let Ben play 1.5 series all preseason and because Ben practices once maybe twice a week, he and Washington are nowhere near being on the same page.

So wasting those bombs on him is dumb in my opinion; it’s a risk/reward play with a low completion percentage in a game where we cannot waste possessions (as evidenced by being down 21-0 with 6 min left in the first quarter).

That’s coaching IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4469
Lifelongsteel wrote:
Havoc wrote:
Often when a qb has a crazy # of attempts, he also has low Y/A

Ben yesterday...

39/60 452 yds 7.5 Y/A 3 TDs throwing 1 TD rushing Int 0

That's a beastly day at the office.


True. What's funny though is that he missed a ton of throws. That KC defense is probably worse than the steelers.


I don't believe KC's defense was worse yesterday than ours.

Ben completed 65% of his passes. When you throw 60 times there will be a lot of incompletions.

Ben was sharp in this game except for the deep ball. He fought his ass off. Wanted it bad as evidenced on his rushing TD

Mahomes only passed 28 times but had a higher Y/A... 11.6... plus the 6 TDs

Conner had 1 TD rushing (a 1 yd run) but it was our passing game that set up Conner's rushing TD. So that's 5 TD's on Ben and our passing game.


Last edited by Havoc on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4120
fritzthecat wrote:
Everyone's talking about schemes,forcing a guy to get open, how to punt,blah,blah(not talking down to anyone) but to me. We win this game if YAC/contact is limited. This has been a problem with PS defense for years.
Some of these guys are drafted because they WERE such good tacklers. How many times did you see ball handlers just run through tackles, sometimes multiple on one possession! I tell ya, it's gotta be coaching.


The biggest issue is the consistent confusion and communication issues. It wasn't like Kansas City was running anything that incredibly complicated. It was simple concepts and our coverage units were the Keystone Cops. Fitting for the Keystone State. It's the same shit going back to the AFC Championship two years ago.

I think Butler has done a lot of good things in trying to overcome the talent issues, but I'm tired of making excuses for the guy. The fact is: this is not a well-coached defense. The players are not being put in positions to succeed and the coaching staff has failed them. The scouting department has failed them with picks like Burns, Davis, Dupree, Golson, Jarvis Jones, and their latest failure-to-be in Terrell Edmunds. F's all around.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4436
tomlin needs to stay away from the draft and worry about controlling his team . he also need to finally find a way to learn from numerous coaching blunders.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4469
I don't think enough has been said about the Chiefs 1st possession of the game... starting at our own 10 yd line due to their punt return.

That is a terrible way to start a football game. It's like giving up a RZ TO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Orangesteel wrote:
I’m just saying wasting that many looks on a deep ball that isn’t anywhere near accurate with a guy that he has absolutely zero rhythm with is a bad idea.

I’m ecstatic for the day that he does develop a rhythm with Washington, but since Tomlin let Ben play 1.5 series all preseason and because Ben practices once maybe twice a week, he and Washington are nowhere near being on the same page.

So wasting those bombs on him is dumb in my opinion; it’s a risk/reward play with a low completion percentage in a game where we cannot waste possessions (as evidenced by being down 21-0 with 6 min left in the first quarter).

That’s coaching IMO.


My point is that although the OC sends in the play call, and Jobus Rum will educate me if I’m wrong, that play call contains various pass routes. Ben makes a presnap read, ball gets hiked, Ben makes a post snap read (if the line gives him time) and, again, Jobus will likely correct me on this, DECIDES whom to throw the ball. Maybe the OC sometimes demands that no matter what Ben sees he is required to go deep, but I suspect that is a rather rare case.

Now, maybe the OC ought not to send in a play that has JW going deep so that Ben does not have the option to make that throw.

And I agree that given the situation and lack of rapport be JW and BB this was not the game to uncork multiple bombs to Washington.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7447
Jobus Rum wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
As in...the game plan says if we get this certain look, go deep? Sure...all Ben. :roll:


Ben is on record as saying he likes to go deep on those looks. This is not breaking news. So...you can emoji eye roll at Ben.

I guarantee that every team goes deep on certain looks that they like...every fucking one.
Stick to $250 blue jeans, because you’re fucking clueless about the game of football, Chicky.
Bye


You wear $250 blue jeans, Lit? On a professor's salary??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
swissvale72 wrote:
You wear $250 blue jeans, Lit? On a professor's salary??


Of course not. This delightful sobriquet (we’ll have to wait while Jobus looks up another word he doesn’t know) got foisted on me by the board’s sartorial (again, we’ll have to wait on Jobus) Dwight Schrute fan club as a result of the men’s dress discussions in the general forum.

I might pay $250 for an out of print lp, but not jeans. Get real!

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4630
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
You wear $250 blue jeans, Lit? On a professor's salary??


Of course not. This delightful sobriquet (we’ll have to wait while Jobus looks up another word he doesn’t know) got foisted on me by the board’s sartorial (again, we’ll have to wait on Jobus) Dwight Schrute fan club as a result of the men’s dress discussions in the general forum.

I might pay $250 for an out of print lp, but not jeans. Get real!


I don't think you're Stephen Colbert. You're James Spader!

Bears! Beets! Battlestar Galactica!

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4630
KC wrote:
Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Losers?

Whoever decided not to get a real ILB or three.


Yeah, that Edmunds pick might come back to fuck us for years to come.

He'll probably end up a decent player.

We needed better than decent and we needed an ILB. Bad.


More than a few top picks are penetrating us anally to this day:

- Ziggy
- Jervis
- Bud
- Artie

To name a few.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winners & Losers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
You wear $250 blue jeans, Lit? On a professor's salary??


Of course not. This delightful sobriquet (we’ll have to wait while Jobus looks up another word he doesn’t know) got foisted on me by the board’s sartorial (again, we’ll have to wait on Jobus) Dwight Schrute fan club as a result of the men’s dress discussions in the general forum.

I might pay $250 for an out of print lp, but not jeans. Get real!


I don't think you're Stephen Colbert. You're James Spader!

Bears! Beets! Battlestar Galactica!


:lol:

Who doesn’t love Battlestar Galactica, especially the reboot?! If the question is not what would Gaius Baltar do, you’re not asking the right question.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jbattenhouse and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group