It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8153
Does anyone remember when Noll was hired? Anyone know who he was before the Steelers hired him?

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4410
yes i hope to be around when they finally make a move


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:53 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5643
Obviously wrote:
TB wrote:
KC wrote:
Tomlin's getting ROASTED for losing control of his team in the national media.

IT'S BEAUTIFUL.


I don't see how anyone can defend the amount of drama and turmoil anymore. It's completely tiring.


And the apologists are fewer in number.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe- ... 1809160251


wow.
finally. a few articles in the PPG that start to point to Tomlin as the reasons this team has performed like they have.

Quote:
Joe Starkey: The Steelers stink — and that falls on Mike Tomlin


Quote:
On the other hand, Tomlin himself has taken a larger role in the defense since Dick LeBeau was jettisoned, and look what’s happening: Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, in his third NFL start, nearly threw a perfect game on his way to six touchdown passes. And it could have been worse.


And......
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/zeise-is-right/2018/09/16/Paul-Zeise-Mike-Tomlin-needs-to-be-held-accountable-for-this-sloppy-mess/stories/201809160227

Quote:
Paul Zeise: Mike Tomlin needs to be held accountable for this sloppy mess of a football team


Quote:
Here is the thing, though: the spin last season as to why Butler deserved to keep his job was that Mike Tomlin took over the defense and was calling virtually all of the plays. Tomlin, a defensive coordinator in a different life, was the one responsible for the meltdown against Jacksonville, and therefore Butler should be blameless in this mess. The rationale for keeping Porter around is ... well, I have no idea. The linebackers under his direction have not gotten better despite the fact that he has been handed first-round pick after first-round pick.


I hope the questions in the Tuesday presser bring up the root of most of the problems and where they start.
And that is off the field. How this team prepares, practices, teaches, game planning, scheming, preparing play calls for game day, preparing for in game situation and scenarios, personnel decisions, team unity, team chemistry, social media, handling the press and media, game day preparation, focus, energy before kick-off.

I've said many times before.
This team loses more games long before kick-off, than any team in football.
Starts and stops with the head coach.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12045
Stosh-67 wrote:
I've said many times before.
This team loses more games long before kick-off, than any team in football.
Starts and stops with the head coach.


The thing is, a lot of times coaching seems to be a push. That's maybe not surprising given most HC's are average, and most operate from the same risk-averse "conventional wisdom" mindset.

But how often does Tomlin out-coach the other side? A lot less than he gets outcoached. He adds zero value on game day. He's capable of being a good Mon-Sat coach, but we see he really only does that a handful of times a year for big/key games. He COULD focus and prepare this team every week if he wanted to...but he's lazy.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 411
Kodiak wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
I've said many times before.
This team loses more games long before kick-off, than any team in football.
Starts and stops with the head coach.


The thing is, a lot of times coaching seems to be a push. That's maybe not surprising given most HC's are average, and most operate from the same risk-averse "conventional wisdom" mindset.

But how often does Tomlin out-coach the other side? A lot less than he gets outcoached. He adds zero value on game day. He's capable of being a good Mon-Sat coach, but we see he really only does that a handful of times a year for big/key games. He COULD focus and prepare this team every week if he wanted to...but he's lazy.

What makes you think his problem is being lazy? He puts in the hours. He does his job. Your delusional if you think he's lazy. And how dare you for giving him that sort of pass. He is doing what he feels is right to the best of his ability.

He just isn't an effective coach. He isn't a disciplinarian and he exercises no control over the team. He allows the inmates to run the asylum. Lazy? Not a chance.

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:10 am
Posts: 695
I'm so happy to see y'all catching on that Tomlin is a 90 IQ fraud.

Watching Tomlin step on his dick is why I'm watching this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:51 pm
Posts: 362
Location: Sunny California
Big waste of time bitching about firing Tomlin Rooney won't do it.
Tomlin will pull out at least 8-8 record and Roooney won't fire his Dad's hand picked Rooney rule coach.
We all know Tomlin will never win another SB and will leave on HIS terms.
Sucks but Rooney rule will rule!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 411
CASTEELER wrote:
Big waste of time bitching about firing Tomlin Rooney won't do it.
Tomlin will pull out at least 8-8 record and Roooney won't fire his Dad's hand picked Rooney rule coach.
We all know Tomlin will never win another SB and will leave on HIS terms.
Sucks but Rooney rule will rule!!!

You all aren't giving the Rooneys enough credit. Just because someone hasn't done something much at all, doesn't mean they can't or wont do it.

You haven't seen this organization fire many coaches because it didn't have to, not because it was resistant to it.

There are many scenarios this season that end up with us replacing Tomlin against his wishes. 0-1-1 isn't one of them. 0-4-1 isn't one either. 0-8-1 and total loss of control of the team IS.

_________________
You're never as good as you think you are, or as bad as they say you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4523
7forSteel wrote:
CASTEELER wrote:
Big waste of time bitching about firing Tomlin Rooney won't do it.
Tomlin will pull out at least 8-8 record and Roooney won't fire his Dad's hand picked Rooney rule coach.
We all know Tomlin will never win another SB and will leave on HIS terms.
Sucks but Rooney rule will rule!!!

You all aren't giving the Rooneys enough credit. Just because someone hasn't done something much at all, doesn't mean they can't or wont do it.

You haven't seen this organization fire many coaches because it didn't have to, not because it was resistant to it.

There are many scenarios this season that end up with us replacing Tomlin against his wishes. 0-1-1 isn't one of them. 0-4-1 isn't one either. 0-8-1 and total loss of control of the team IS.


The funny thing about all of this is that Rooney is supposedly all about image:

- The Ben thing
- The Santonio thing
-The "we need to run the ball bc we're the Steelers thing"

Wonder if Rooney was behind the Harrison and Blount releases? We'll never know for sure.

So why is he so limp about how Tomlin runs this fucking team? Compromising pictures? Is Rooney letting Tomlin fuck his wife? Maybe the Haley cuckholding deal was why he was hired in the first place???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3416
Location: Upstate NY
It's about time Tomlin got some heat from the media.

Hot mess this team is right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
Posts: 2441
Location: Houston, TX
Jeemie wrote:
Is it time for a Any Tomlin Defenders Left? thread?


I am waiting for a certain dick weed to accuse all of you for being racists for wanting Fraudlin fired...

_________________
R S wrote:
I'm sure she still wakes up in cold sweats and night terrors of Peyton's wrinkly ball sack pitter-pattering on her forehead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 1239
I know a lot of you guys don't like him but I think he's one of the few people actually calling Tomlin out like he should be called out:

Quote:
"As the momentum of Cowher has dissipated and it's now Mike Tomlin's team, the offensive stars are calling out Tomlin because his side of the ball isn't working."

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1042466349782589440

_________________
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:00 am
Posts: 1312
Location: Hawaii
Almost reminds me of the dysfunctional leadership/accountability issues on some of the teams in Friday Night Tykes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 809
RemoAZ wrote:
I know a lot of you guys don't like him but I think he's one of the few people actually calling Tomlin out like he should be called out:

Quote:
"As the momentum of Cowher has dissipated and it's now Mike Tomlin's team, the offensive stars are calling out Tomlin because his side of the ball isn't working."

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1042466349782589440


Cowherd is a tool but I can’t disagree with anything he said. Sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1678
RemoAZ wrote:
I know a lot of you guys don't like him but I think he's one of the few people actually calling Tomlin out like he should be called out:

Quote:
"As the momentum of Cowher has dissipated and it's now Mike Tomlin's team, the offensive stars are calling out Tomlin because his side of the ball isn't working."

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1042466349782589440


What many of us who watch this team consistently have been saying for years. It wouldn't be any more obvious if it walked up and smacked you in the face. Somehow there are still Tomlin supporters out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4461
RemoAZ wrote:
I know a lot of you guys don't like him but I think he's one of the few people actually calling Tomlin out like he should be called out:

Quote:
"As the momentum of Cowher has dissipated and it's now Mike Tomlin's team, the offensive stars are calling out Tomlin because his side of the ball isn't working."

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1042466349782589440


Of course he makes valid points and to deny this is nonsense... except he's leaving out the offensive side of the football. And he's leaving out the loss of Shazier.

I'll give credit to Tomlin for being part of the brain trust that drafted the offensive players and built this offense except for Ben. And good on Tomlin for his Villanueva find (that was big)

Beyond that... Tomlin does nothing to help this offense,... his conservative philosophy hinders it.

Woodson went down in '95 and yet that team made it to the SB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4461
I'll add this...

We had a decade of historically great defense that started pre Tomlin. That machine was already in place and it was masterminded by Lebeau.

The offense under Tomlin has never been one of the very best in the league.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2434
Baltostiller wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:
I know a lot of you guys don't like him but I think he's one of the few people actually calling Tomlin out like he should be called out:

Quote:
"As the momentum of Cowher has dissipated and it's now Mike Tomlin's team, the offensive stars are calling out Tomlin because his side of the ball isn't working."

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1042466349782589440


Cowherd is a tool but I can’t disagree with anything he said. Sad.


Who has called Tomlin out?

Outside of making up some kind of offensive star revolt against Tomlin he's exactly right. :roll:

_________________
Image


Last edited by fortythree on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2434
Havoc wrote:
I'll add this...

We had a decade of historically great defense that started pre Tomlin. That machine was already in place and it was masterminded by Lebeau.

The offense under Tomlin has never been one of the very best in the league.


So the last four seasons when the offense was Top 10 in points scored never happened?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4461
fortythree wrote:
Havoc wrote:
I'll add this...

We had a decade of historically great defense that started pre Tomlin. That machine was already in place and it was masterminded by Lebeau.

The offense under Tomlin has never been one of the very best in the league.


So the last four seasons when the offense was Top 10 in points scored never happened?


Steelers were at the very top of the league in defense (at times) for a decade along with the Ravens

This offense has never been one of the top 2 offenses in the league under Tomlin. We dominated the league on defense under the mastermind Lebeau. This offense although very good has never dominated the league like say the Falcons the year they made it to the SB.

If we had the best offense or one of the top 2 offenses in the league under Tomlin, that might have been enough to get us to another SB even if the defense was lacking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 1239
Havoc wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Havoc wrote:
I'll add this...

We had a decade of historically great defense that started pre Tomlin. That machine was already in place and it was masterminded by Lebeau.

The offense under Tomlin has never been one of the very best in the league.


So the last four seasons when the offense was Top 10 in points scored never happened?


Steelers were at the very top of the league in defense (at times) for a decade along with the Ravens

This offense has never been one of the top 2 offenses in the league under Tomlin. We dominated the league on defense under the mastermind Lebeau. This offense although very good has never dominated the league like say the Falcons the year they made it to the SB.

If we had the best offense or one of the top 2 offenses in the league under Tomlin, that might have been enough to get us to another SB even if the defense was lacking.


The offense certainly has never been consistent enough to carry the team in the playoffs or against good teams like the defense was for so long. The one constant is a top 5 qb. You should always be at least decent with a top 5 qb in this league.

_________________
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4616
StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Is it time for a Any Tomlin Defenders Left? thread?


I am waiting for a certain dick weed to accuse all of you for being racists for wanting Fraudlin fired...


I think STD is still banned and hasn't come up with a new moniker yet.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7062
Obviously wrote:
StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Is it time for a Any Tomlin Defenders Left? thread?


I am waiting for a certain dick weed to accuse all of you for being racists for wanting Fraudlin fired...


I think STD is still banned and hasn't come up with a new moniker yet.

Are you a dog person?

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 12080
fortythree wrote:
Havoc wrote:
I'll add this...

We had a decade of historically great defense that started pre Tomlin. That machine was already in place and it was masterminded by Lebeau.

The offense under Tomlin has never been one of the very best in the league.


So the last four seasons when the offense was Top 10 in points scored never happened?


You're excited about top 10 in the league when, for the last several years we have trotted out a CERTAIN first ballot Hall of Famer at QB, a WR some are calling the BEST EVER and who is clearly also on his way to the Hall of Fame and a RB who is known as the best in the entire league (not only as an amazing RB, also as a very dangerous receiver).

You're gonna be excited about a few top 10 finishes with that group?

_________________
86n96 wrote:
I might've finally been right about something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4271
I wonder how many times a team has finished among the tops in the league offensively and then failed to score a single TD in a postseason game.

I’d bet not many.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jewelsongs, LakecrestSteeler, seabs926, StillerDownSouth, StillerInCT, Stosh-67, tango_mike and 52 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group