It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Steelers off the field BS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:59 am 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anto ... ays-later/

Now the face of the franchise is threatening reporters on twitter.

Post subject: Re: More Steelers off the field BS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 am 

I have a feeling this season is going to be a circus on the south side. I hate to jump to conclusions so early but it's starting to look like this team is already lacking focus and discipline.

We lack discipline both on and off the field. It's a shame for a team loaded with talent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:11 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
I have a feeling this season is going to be a circus on the south side. I hate to jump to conclusions so early but it's starting to look like this team is already lacking focus and discipline.

We lack discipline both on and off the field. It's a shame for a team loaded with talent.

Yeah, I'm generally an optimist, but this season just does not have a good vibe about it at all.

Half expecting us to be a trainwreck the first third of the season, become just competent the rest of the way out to earn a wild card spot, win the wild card round, then get bounced in the divisional round again....only to see Ben finally get tired of it all and retire.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

Yeah, I'm generally an optimist, but this season just does not have a good vibe about it at all.

Half expecting us to be a trainwreck the first third of the season, become just competent the rest of the way out to earn a wild card spot, win the wild card round, then get bounced in the divisional round again....only to see Ben finally get tired of it all and retire.

Tying the Browns scares me. I could see us doing what you're saying and then missing the playoff due to tie-breakers.

Again, our Achilles heal(s) are the focus, discipline, and adherence to details.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

Tying the Browns scares me. I could see us doing what you're saying and then missing the playoff due to tie-breakers.

Again, our Achilles heal(s) are the focus, discipline, and adherence to details.

The good news about a tie is unless the team we tied is up there with us fighting for a playoff spot, we don’t have to worry about tiebreakers except in the unlikely event of another tie game between two other teams.

Since the introduction of overtime in 1974, there have only been three seasons where there was more than one tie game. Of course, the latest one was just two seasons ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 am 

Quote:
"You know, we could talk all day about things that are online or on the internet or on social media," Tomlin said, via ESPN.com. "I just choose to stay away from it because it's a waste of my time. There's very little accountability, there's very little journalistic integrity, etc. Guys say things they don't mean. I talk to my teenagers about it all the time. Let's keep it professional and in the real. I think that's appropriate in this setting."

Tomlin can not control the media.
But..........he can start putting some social media control on his own team and players, starting today...or say three four years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:34 am 

I'll be VERY surprised if we're a playoff team this season.

VERY surprised.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:39 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:
"You know, we could talk all day about things that are online or on the internet or on social media," Tomlin said, via ESPN.com. "I just choose to stay away from it because it's a waste of my time. There's very little accountability, there's very little journalistic integrity, etc. Guys say things they don't mean. I talk to my teenagers about it all the time. Let's keep it professional and in the real. I think that's appropriate in this setting."

Tomlin can not control the media.
But..........he can start putting some social media control on his own team and players, starting today...or say three four years ago.

what a typical line of bullshit from Tomlin, Though I agree about the media and lack of integrity. Brown should have responded with words though, not physical threats.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 am 

Is this something that the league will look at?
Obviously AB is just using words............
And does not have a history.

But ya never know with this commish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:51 am 

Tie functions either as a win or as a loss....we just won't know 'til later.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:28 am 

I hear ya swiss, but I hope it counts as half a win? Like the Ravens and Bengals end the season with 9 wins and 7 losses and we end up with 9 wins too but that tie gives us 9.5 wins and we win the division!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:42 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Tie functions either as a win or as a loss....we just won't know 'til later.

Which just adds to current Steelers Nation football bizarro world all things considered starting last year...

Shazier odd fluke career ending injury
The Martavis Bryant saga
JJ scores/no he doesn't. We lose to our last 14 years or so nemesis costing us the #1 seed.
The Harrison saga, legendary Steeler released from the team late in the season.
One and done vs JAX at home even though we score 42
The Leveon Bell soap opera
The debacle in Cleveland
More Leveon Bell soap opera
A tie in the standings and so we have to wait to find out what it really means.

This team is a football soap opera right now.

Last edited by Havoc on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:00 am 

Quote:
Half expecting us to be a trainwreck the first third of the season, become just competent the rest of the way out to earn a wild card spot, win the wild card round, then get bounced in the divisional round again...

Only half? What you describe has become the “standard”.

We broke the mold a bit by going 13-3. Still didn’t matter.

Did maintain the standard of not seizing the top spot even though it was there for the taking.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:37 am 

Scunge wrote:
I hear ya swiss, but I hope it counts as half a win? Like the Ravens and Bengals end the season with 9 wins and 7 losses and we end up with 9 wins too but that tie gives us 9.5 wins and we win the division!

Right! That's exactly what I'm saying, Scunge. Hopefully, it's that scenario and not one where Steelers go 9-6-1 and Ravens or Bungs win 10. One scenario, the tie equates to a win, the other to a loss.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:39 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Right! That's exactly what I'm saying, Scunge. Hopefully, it's that scenario and not one where Steelers go 9-6-1 and Ravens or Bungs win 10. One scenario, the tie equates to a win, the other to a loss.

The “good news” either way being we don’t have to keep track of anynof the tiebreakers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 pm 

R S wrote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-threatens-espn-writer-on-twitter-decides-to-apologize-days-later/

Now the face of the franchise is threatening reporters on twitter.

We already know these guys aren't rocket scientists... oh wait. Well, we know 99.9% aren't rocket scientists. AB is no exception and has proven to be dumb before. Shrugs/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 pm 

Can we at least get through September before prognostications? I bet last year everyone said the same shit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:04 pm 

Let's face it, at this point, being a Steelers fan is rooting for laundry, as Jerry Seinfeld would say.

Besides Connor and Villanueva and a couple of others, who on this team is relatable.

Tomlin can't coach or strategize.

I admit I've been spoiled by the Penguins who are much better entertainment, especially come playoff time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:06 pm 

Cheer up folks!! We control our own destiny! Win out and we get home field advantage!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 pm 

7forSteel wrote:
Cheer up folks!! We control our own destiny! Win out and we get home field advantage!

Woohoo! Great point! I ride!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm 

7forSteel wrote:

That would be kind of typical of this team....go undefeated, but have it tarnished and "2nd tier" for being soiled by the tie.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
7forSteel wrote:

That would be kind of typical of this team....go undefeated, but have it tarnished and "2nd tier" for being soiled by the tie.

My rose colored glasses > yours.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
7forSteel wrote:

Even worse...only be a #2 seed because Jacksonville goes 16-0.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
7forSteel wrote:

Even worse...only be a #2 seed because Jacksonville goes 16-0.

um, I don't think we can go undefeated and lose the #1 seed to NE or JAX

Not even Mike Tomlin could manage that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:12 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:

Because Tomlin