It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24892
Steelafan77 wrote:
KC wrote:
It took me one whole game to detest Fitchner.

Fecalner


Shitner or Fuckner would be better if you’re going to right to hate.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 1131
Jeemie wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
KC wrote:
It took me one whole game to detest Fitchner.

Fecalner


Shitner or Fuckner would be better if you’re going to right to hate.


Bitchner?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
Posts: 2513
Location: Houston, TX
Jeemie wrote:
Again, focus on how the line has changed as opposed to what was said and take that as a sign of heat being applied from somewhere.

On Sunday the line was, from both Tomlin and Fichtner, “Connor can take all those carries...he gets stronger with all those carries”.

On Thursday we’re hearing “My bad...I should have been rotating the other guys in”.

Something has changed in those four days.

Realizing that Bell is justified in holding out instead of being destroyed (any more) by Fraudlin...

_________________
R S wrote:
I'm sure she still wakes up in cold sweats and night terrors of Peyton's wrinkly ball sack pitter-pattering on her forehead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1891
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Bitchner?


Tomlin’s Bitchner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9223
It's a little soon to be dumping on Fich, isn't it?

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24892
Poltargyst wrote:
It's a little soon to be dumping on Fich, isn't it?


Nah...let’s beat the Christmas rush and start hating him now.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9223
Jeemie wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
It's a little soon to be dumping on Fich, isn't it?


Nah...let’s beat the Christmas rush and start hating him now.

:D

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1891
Poltargyst wrote:
It's a little soon to be dumping on Fich, isn't it?


Yes agreed. Thats why its on big T for allowing a beaten down horse to keep carrying the rock without a spell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 2356
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Don't know why I have to point this out again, but what Mike Tomlin says at pressers is not for public consumption. It has little to no correlation with the facts... and I am down with that.


Everything he says is bullshit
Whoever in this thread said he chooses "run the wheels off" because it's easy is completely correct.
his entire approach is Easy ... And shallow
A mix of Chauncey Gardener and Simple Jack steeped in football rhetoric


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5694
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Jeemie wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
KC wrote:
It took me one whole game to detest Fitchner.

Fecalner


Shitner or Fuckner would be better if you’re going to right to hate.


Nothing will top Gay Sperman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 5117
Funny it was Randy who fell on the sword as the head coach does not get any blame.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18316
Gonzo wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Don't know why I have to point this out again, but what Mike Tomlin says at pressers is not for public consumption. It has little to no correlation with the facts... and I am down with that.


Everything he says is bullshit
Whoever in this thread said he chooses "run the wheels off" because it's easy is completely correct.
his entire approach is Easy ... And shallow
A mix of Chauncey Gardener and Simple Jack steeped in football rhetoric

and I call bullshit on that, too... he's a coach, coaches at a high level, gets results. He's not Chauncey Gardner, no matter how much his coaching style rubs you the wrong way.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:02 pm
Posts: 157
Bitchner?[/quote][/quote]

Sphinctner. It's only one game. He's a little tight, give him a chance, he'll loosen up...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 489
Peezy55 wrote:
Bitchner?

Sphinctner. It's only one game. He's a little tight, give him a chance, he'll loosen up...

I see what you did there

_________________
People who I would let my daughter make out with before Kevin Colbert. A turtle, a fridge, anybody from the warehouse, a wood chipper, a candle, Lord Voldermort, and Michael Scott.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5282
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Don't know why I have to point this out again, but what Mike Tomlin says at pressers is not for public consumption. It has little to no correlation with the facts... and I am down with that.


Everything he says is bullshit
Whoever in this thread said he chooses "run the wheels off" because it's easy is completely correct.
his entire approach is Easy ... And shallow
A mix of Chauncey Gardener and Simple Jack steeped in football rhetoric

and I call bullshit on that, too... he's a coach, coaches at a high level, gets results. He's not Chauncey Gardner, no matter how much his coaching style rubs you the wrong way.


Props for the Being There reference.

I agree that he does get results. Unfortunately, more often that not, they're negative results in playoff games. We have all established he is a top 10 coach in the NFL today. I've said that time and time again. However, his teams tank in the playoffs. Like Cowher's. And there's always that comparison with Cowher it seems. You know Cowher. The man this board and the old one killed for turtling, bad decisions and playoff futility. He got results, too. They are exactly the same. Great regular season coaches. They managed to win one championship. Many here are treating Tomlin exactly as they did Cowher - as it should be. However, there are some here who slammed Cowher, but for some reason don't do that with Tomlin. The Tomlin apologists will say it's the other way around. Well, for those who praise Cowher and slam Tomlin, I call bullshit on them, too. They both deserve criticism.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FreeSTD
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 15231
steelmann58 wrote:
Funny it was Randy who fell on the sword as the head coach does not get any blame.
This is already expected from that poser coach. There really is No Hate, unless fans Hate being right with the predictability of this team. Fich/Boneheadlin came out unimaginative, stale and really unprepared for in game challenges. As per the standard. For those of us that wished for a new approach? Disappointment reared its ugly head again! The stubborn approach doesn't play out well. Moreover, when your first Professional Game [Fichtner] is against a League Bottom Feeder and you Tie that league bottom feeder, it doesn't really improve upon your reputation. In fact it actually diminishes it a little while embarrassing you. Especially!... Especially with the abundance of talent on this current roster. Just infuriatingly disappointing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4739
1st and 10 from our own 5 yd line at the 5:47 mark in the 4th. We have a 7 point lead.

It's a 1 score game and if we do not score or have a good drive they are in position to tie the game.

We go heavy package with 6 OLmen plus Grimble and Nix. AB the only wr. We did this on first and 2nd down. We did end up with 3rd and short and picked up the 1st down (a short pass) on the first series but we were fortunate to do that IMO.

Repeat on the 2nd series but with predictable results. That heavy package bunched up the LOS making it easy for them to stack the LOS and so we ran into a predictable brick wall on the first 2 downs then ended up in 3rd and long. All playing right into their hands.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1772
Jeemie wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
KC wrote:
It took me one whole game to detest Fitchner.

Fecalner


Shitner or Fuckner would be better if you’re going to right to hate.

Has to be Felchner. KC would approve


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 825
One of the biggest surprises and one that has been talked about all week is the Steelers’ decision to not relieve Conner. Besides one carry by Ryan Switzer, Conner received all of the running back duties, and one has to wonder if the Steelers were better off relieving their running back in order to preserve his legs for the entirety of Sunday’s game.

A look at Conner’s splits by quarter may give a better indicator of perhaps his stamina, or lack of stamina as the game progressed.

First quarter: 4.4 yards per carry

Second quarter: 8.0 yards per carry

Third quarter: 8.0 yards per carry

Fourth quarter: 2.3 yards per carry

Overtime: 1.3 yards per carry

Conner’s yards per carry nose dived after the third quarter, as the running back tallied 102 yards and averaged 6.8 yards per carry. From the fourth quarter on, this number fell to 33 yards and just 2.1 yards per carry. The running back also picked up just one first down from the fourth quarter on, losing effectiveness as the game continued and conditions worsened.

The final carries of Conner’s afternoon went for -2, 3, 2, 2 and 1 yard respectfully. One has to wonder if the Steelers will plan to incorporate Stevan Ridley or Jaylen Samuels more into the game for a drive or series just to ease Conner’s workload should he be needed to close out a contest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 5117
This was so inexcusable that Fitchner or Tomlin failed to give the backup at least one series.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13289
steelmann58 wrote:
This was so inexcusable that Fitchner or Tomlin failed to give the backup at least one series.


It really is dumb. Players get tired, especially early in the year and in an OT game. Why wouldn't a RB get tired?

The bigger issue is if your RB goes down late in the year (or the playoffs) and you have no one with carries behind him. This has actually happened with Bell.....TWICE.....and Tomlin still hasn't learned his lesson.


If Samuels probably won't touch the ball this year, or possibly even next year, then why did we spend a draft pick on a running back?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7472
I think the steelers have moved on from lev bell. Samuels and Conner and/ or somebody else or a combination is the future.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Conner was the one telling them to keep feeding him the ball. It's not like he's sure he'll be around. I'd want as many NFL Snaps as possible.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4447
Conner didn't run the same after his shin/lower leg got dinged up. It was a dumb decision not to give one of the other backs some work.

_________________
Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5282
COR-TEN wrote:
I think the steelers have moved on from lev bell. Samuels and Conner and/ or somebody else or a combination is the future.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Conner was the one telling them to keep feeding him the ball. It's not like he's sure he'll be around. I'd want as many NFL Snaps as possible.


Agree on both counts, and it's up to the coaching staff to keep track of it and limit as needed.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FreeSTD
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 489
Steelergenie wrote:
One of the biggest surprises and one that has been talked about all week is the Steelers’ decision to not relieve Conner. Besides one carry by Ryan Switzer, Conner received all of the running back duties, and one has to wonder if the Steelers were better off relieving their running back in order to preserve his legs for the entirety of Sunday’s game.

A look at Conner’s splits by quarter may give a better indicator of perhaps his stamina, or lack of stamina as the game progressed.

First quarter: 4.4 yards per carry

Second quarter: 8.0 yards per carry

Third quarter: 8.0 yards per carry

Fourth quarter: 2.3 yards per carry

Overtime: 1.3 yards per carry

Conner’s yards per carry nose dived after the third quarter, as the running back tallied 102 yards and averaged 6.8 yards per carry. From the fourth quarter on, this number fell to 33 yards and just 2.1 yards per carry. The running back also picked up just one first down from the fourth quarter on, losing effectiveness as the game continued and conditions worsened.

The final carries of Conner’s afternoon went for -2, 3, 2, 2 and 1 yard respectfully. One has to wonder if the Steelers will plan to incorporate Stevan Ridley or Jaylen Samuels more into the game for a drive or series just to ease Conner’s workload should he be needed to close out a contest.

JC needed spelled, that's for certain. No argument there.

But those splits are misleading. He was most effective when we were balanced. In the fourth quarter, we were using heavy packages, trying to chew clock. (I'm assuming that's what we were doing...I really have no idea) When you put one receiver out there and load up the box, you're going to get a stacked defense as a result. When they expect you to run and you run, your average per carry is going to suffer.

_________________
People who I would let my daughter make out with before Kevin Colbert. A turtle, a fridge, anybody from the warehouse, a wood chipper, a candle, Lord Voldermort, and Michael Scott.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group