It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fichtner/Tomlin screwed up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:36 am 

Switzer got a underneath handoff in the first half,conner should of been more than rested.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:40 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
They should have given Conner some rest even though Tomtom wants to run the wheels off. He doesn't take any responsibility and says Conner can handle a heavy work load. Right!

Gerry Dulac
✔ @gerrydulac

OC Randy Fichtner on James Conner getting all the RB snaps vs Browns: "Thats on the young coordinator. I shoulda got the other running backs in there."

Baby steps boys.
One step at a time.
Admitting a problem is the first step.

I am encouraged a bit, because this admission of taking the wrong approach and looking to change is not something that will come out of Tomlins mouth.
His stubbornness at failure to change and adapt, is prouder than playing winning football.
How can he back down from his proud and clever.............."Run the wheels off" mantra. Would certainly take the sting out of his clever comments.
I put the prick Haley in the same ilk, as he too was thick headed and obtuse to change and adapt.

If Fitch is putting it out there, I expect to see at least Ridley and hopefully Samuels for a few snaps.
How does he not........and then answer questions after he spelled it out.

Good signs.

I am sure Tomlin is working hard on some new clever lines, rather than a clever game plan.

"Gonna rotate the tires"

Last edited by Stosh-67 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:41 am 

"Young Offensive Coordinator" WTF?? Fichtner graduated from Purdue in 1985 and has been a full time coach since 1989.

It's not like he's some 29 year old just figuring things out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:28 am 

Baltostiller wrote:
"Young Offensive Coordinator" WTF?? Fichtner graduated from Purdue in 1985 and has been a full time coach since 1989.

It's not like he's some 29 year old just figuring things out.

Yeah that was a weird comment. Young coordinator? Has he watched a football game where one or both teams use a variety of backs? The dude has been on football sidelines pretty much his entire adult life.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:32 am 

No wonder our backs have nothing left in the tank come playoff time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 am 

Yeah, but come on fellas, this is his first ever season being an offensive coordinator in the NFL calling the plays, designing the offense, etc.

The last time he was an offensive coordinator, calling the plays, designing the offense was 2006 in college at Memphis, that was 12 years ago. Give the guy a break, he IS a relatively inexperienced offensive coordinator, and he is learning as he goes, he really is figuring things out.

And remember he is wearing two hats, he is the offensive coordinator and the Quarterbacks coach. Most teams have an OC and QB coach and don't put pressure on one coach to do both. Hell, there have been instances where many NFL teams will have an OC, a QB coach and then even another coach, like for example Todd Haley when he was in Dallas with Parcels and Romo, he was the passing game coordinator.

Steelers are really doing no favors to Fitchner expecting him to do all of that alone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:47 am 

I’m giving fitchner slack. OC for the Steelers is a job some poor sucker in the world has to take.

What I’m looking to see is if tomlin is truly hands off which I think he mostly is especially with offense, then Randy really has to step up himself himself.

I mean it seems very obvious an OC would want to score shit tons of points. Assuming the OL and Ben play reasonably well there’s no reason this offense shouldn’t be threatening every possession.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 am 

Tomtom is a defensive genius. Let him concentrate on that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 am 

Again, focus on how the line has changed as opposed to what was said and take that as a sign of heat being applied from somewhere.

On Sunday the line was, from both Tomlin and Fichtner, “Connor can take all those carries...he gets stronger with all those carries”.

On Thursday we’re hearing “My bad...I should have been rotating the other guys in”.

Something has changed in those four days.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:48 am 

Don't know why I have to point this out again, but what Mike Tomlin says at pressers is not for public consumption. It has little to no correlation with the facts... and I am down with that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next