It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bell Does Have A Point
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 pm 

I know Tomlin is not perfect, and I thought the PS FO could have changed directions last year only because it was a long enough stint and I thought they could use some fresh air in the organization. They didn’t but made several coaching changes and I was appeased.

I am not picking up what you are putting down. Tomlin is both the potted plant and the micro manager by your description above. Some feel his lieutenants are doing everything and Tomlin does nothing. Others feel Tomlin is responsible for everything making him the greatest micro manager and tyrant ever.

Which is it? Is he doing nothing and the RB coach and player is responsible? Or does he have his finger on the pulse of all these decisions and MT is super active on the headset vetoing left and right and interjecting all game long?

I personally feel this is all OC, RB coach and player!

Post Gazette:
Fichtner wants a mulligan

Second-year running back James Conner touched the ball 36 times in his first NFL start, and no other running backs played against the Browns. Fichtner said he regrets not working Stevan Ridley or Jaylen Samuels into the game.

“Just chalk that up to me being a young coordinator in this league,” Fichtner said. “I should have got other running backs in. We need to do that with Le’Veon [Bell]. We need to do that with young receivers and tight ends. That’s just something that maybe got away from us. You didn’t feel that in-game. [Conner] was giving us good strength. He was more than capable of handling the snaps he did. He did a really fine job.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 pm 

You think Belichick sits in anticipation wondering what his OC, RB coach, and players are going to decide to do over the course of a game or season?

Think Parcells sat back and let his players dictate their carries and when?

Walsh?

Noll?

I don’t.

And it’s ridiculous for anyone else to think that.

1) players can’t be trusted to come out when tired or dinged. Some simply won’t.
2) it’s literally the HC freaking job to manage this aspect of his personal and the game in general.

I’m not saying if a Rb says hey I’m winded they can’t take themselves out.

Let’s not forget many players have number of carries, yards, TDs, etc etc as part of their contracts.

So ya, I fully trust my 23 year old player that’s got $$$ on the line literally ied to their individual production to tell me the HC what’s best.

This is dumb to even discuss.

Last edited by 955876 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:32 pm 

I hate the way Bell has handled himself throughout this process. He can say all he wants, he’s a me first guy to an extreme, and should have accepted the Steelers offer, and I believe he’ll regret not doing so. That said, Tomlin is too fucking stubborn for words in ways that include how he handles his running backs; never questions himself on any mistake; shows no capacity for change. 31-0 is an amazing stat from the Sunday debacle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:03 am 

955876 wrote:
You think Belichick sits in anticipation wondering what his OC, RB coach, and players are going to decide to do over the course of a game or season?

Walsh?

Noll?

I don’t.

1) players can’t be trusted to come out when tired or dinged. Some simply won’t.
2) it’s literally the HC freaking job to manage this aspect of his personal and the game in general.

Let’s not forget many players have number of carries, yards, TDs, etc etc as part of their contracts.

So ya, I fully trust my 23 year old player that’s got $$$ on the line literally ied to their individual production to tell me the HC what’s best.

That's your opinion, and it's fine.

But I remember the Chin holding back the Bus and others late in games even when they were fresh. They would be going for their helmet and he would wave them off. See, you missed my point. This isn't about the players. It's about the HC. He has that title for a reason. It's the same reason Fichtner doesn't field questions at the weekly presser. Tomlin is ultimately responsible for every decision his coordinators make. And he is ultimately responsible for the well being and effectiveness of his players.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:39 am 

Bell does not have a point, he has another excuse.

I've already responded in a previous thread. What's more troubling is when fans start to buy into this madness. It's simple, super super simple, the player has 100% control of their limit on playing. Bell is not the only running back and he knows it. Take a knee, hold up a hand, take yourself out, be dizzy, etc.

Please stop trying to support this notation and think about the statement Bell made earlier in the year...

"I"m going to have the best season of my career..." or something very similar. The only way you have the best year of your career is to exceed the previous high mark. Either he's figured out how to get more yards per carry and reduce his touches, or he gets a lot more carries to make up for it. Oh by the way, "I'll be there at the start of the season..." He made these statements knowing he's tagged and no more deals are possible.

What changed? Did the anticipate workload somehow going way up?

Greed, simply greed. He saw some big deals come through that he believes supports his big payday. That's it, nothing more. He wants the Steelers to show him more money. This is NOT about carries and workload.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:59 am 

So why not take the money offered then? Why turn the situation into a trainwreck? If Bell's point is to act like a selfish, inconsiderate fool then yeah, I agree he has a point.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 am 

7forSteel wrote:
955876 wrote:

Walsh?

Noll?

I don’t.

But I remember the Chin holding back the Bus and others late in games even when they were fresh. They would be going for their helmet and he would wave them off. See, you missed my point. This isn't about the players. It's about the HC. He has that title for a reason. It's the same reason Fichtner doesn't field questions at the weekly presser. Tomlin is ultimately responsible for every decision his coordinators make. And he is ultimately responsible for the well being and effectiveness of his players.

Ummmm my last post and your last post addressing mine are saying the exact same thing. I fully agree with your last post. It is about the HC. He is responsible for this stuff. Sure he can delegate but if he isn’t seeing what he wants it takes but a moment to say something about it.

When I say it’s dumb to even talk about, what I’m saying is that it’s dumb for some to think the ultimate responsibility doesnt lie with the HC.

That stuff the poster before me posted about Fitchner taking he blame for not rotating backs doesn’t support his opinion it reinforces mine as it would show Tomlin wasn’t even talking to Ditchner about this stuff. Just watching the game unfold like the rest of us.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:57 am 

955876 wrote:
7forSteel wrote:
955876 wrote:

Walsh?

Noll?

I don’t.

Ummmm my last post and your last post addressing mine are saying the exact same thing. I fully agree with your last post. It is about the HC. He is responsible for this stuff. Sure he can delegate but if he isn’t seeing what he wants it takes but a moment to say something about it.

When I say it’s dumb to even talk about, what I’m saying is that it’s dumb for some to think the ultimate responsibility doesnt lie with the HC.

That stuff the poster before me posted about Fitchner taking he blame for not rotating backs doesn’t support his opinion it reinforces mine as it would show Tomlin wasn’t even talking to Ditchner about this stuff. Just watching the game unfold like the rest of us.

Gotcha. I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying it was dumb to discuss this entire issue. Yeah, totally agree that it all falls on Tomlin's shoulders.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:25 am 

If Bell didn't get the bell cow touches he would bitch that the Steelers were limiting his touches and fucking with his money

Bell would have got his deal done if he didn't smoke green like Cheech and Chong.

The Steelers don't trust him...I don't blame them.

I smoke dope like Cheech and Chong and I named a fucking dog after Bell so I am the furthest thing from a hater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:25 pm 

Bell does not have a point.

Ask offensive lineman and defensive lineman about "overuse" and the long term affects on their career and health. Those guys taking the kind of beatings in a game and over their career that Bell can't even imagine. Also, guys who miss games from suspensions and crap really shouldn't be talking about overuse when their infractions limit use (i.e. total absence) over certain games.

I agree that the Coach has to be smart in how he plays anyone so they are available and can produce all year long, particularly come playoff time. But that has nothing to do with Bell. Your argument is a red herring and has nothing to do with Bell being "right" or wrong."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next