It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4420
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Good thread.

1.
Quote:
1st and 10, rolling out, trying to extend the play, trying to squeeze in to AB, not a play a 15 year vet makes.

worst play of the day... but, bear in mind, Tom Brady did nearly the same thing late last year... think it was vs Miami. It happens. Hopefully not too often!


I think Unitas did the same thing vs. the Cardinals in 1966.

Montana also screwed the pooch like that vs. Rams in 1985.

:lol: :lol:

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5556
Obviously wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Good thread.

1.
Quote:
1st and 10, rolling out, trying to extend the play, trying to squeeze in to AB, not a play a 15 year vet makes.

worst play of the day... but, bear in mind, Tom Brady did nearly the same thing late last year... think it was vs Miami. It happens. Hopefully not too often!


I think Unitas did the same thing vs. the Cardinals in 1966.

Montana also screwed the pooch like that vs. Rams in 1985.

:lol: :lol:


:lol: :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13800
Was it...., October 24, 1965 at Philadelphia Eagles. Steelers fumbled 5 times losing 1. Steelers 20 Eagles 14. Followed by (the very next week) October 31, 1965 Dallas Cowboys. Steelers fumbled 6 times losing 2. Steelers 22 Cowboys 13. Those are the only two games they won that season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1410
I heard this on Sirius 88 today. All QBs will have the periodic 5 turnover game. The difference between the good QBs and the great QBs is that the great ones grind out a win or at least a chance to win. Ben did that somehow, it is just a wide left did in the drive.

It is actually quite amazing he had the PS in that situation and consequently for me, it has made this tie go down a little easier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4201
It was only a tie because the team we were playing doesn’t know what a W looks like as a team and the QB is a career journeyman type.

We got lucky.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 395
KC wrote:
Jesse James is a fuckin' turd.


Mediocre at his best. I’d look at him a little differently if he had taken any doubt out of the refs minds and held onto the ball against New England when crossing the goal line. That play is his career in a nutshell - and was a kick in the nuts to Steeler fans everywhere; it still hasn’t worn off for me. What happened versus Cleveland felt like an extension of the NE play. Blunder is following this guy around right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5501
Steelafan77 wrote:
Was it...., October 24, 1965 at Philadelphia Eagles. Steelers fumbled 5 times losing 1. Steelers 20 Eagles 14. Followed by (the very next week) October 31, 1965 Dallas Cowboys. Steelers fumbled 6 times losing 2. Steelers 22 Cowboys 13. Those are the only two games they won that season.

Steelers are 2-33 in their last 35 games when turning the ball over 4 or more time since 1997.
1997 was the last game the Steelers had 6 or more turn overs and still won or did not lose.
24-22 win over the Colts.
Kordell fumble, plus a Bettis fumble in first half
Kordell is Spelled by Tomzak after the half. Who threw two picks in second half.
Another Bettis fumble, George fumble amounted to 6 turnovers.

A first half Carnel Lake sack, strip of Harbrough with recovery and TD was the difference.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4347
Will-the-Shake wrote:
KC wrote:
Jesse James is a fuckin' turd.


Mediocre at his best. I’d look at him a little differently if he had taken any doubt out of the refs minds and held onto the ball against New England when crossing the goal line. That play is his career in a nutshell - and was a kick in the nuts to Steeler fans everywhere; it still hasn’t worn off for me. What happened versus Cleveland felt like an extension of the NE play. Blunder is following this guy around right now.


James went from hero to mumble bumble stumble in the blink of an eye vs Pats. He has to make that play according to the rules last year.

In 3 of the last 5 games, we had...

The loss to the Patriots
The loss to JAX
The tie with the Browns


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5501
Havoc wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:
KC wrote:
Jesse James is a fuckin' turd.


Mediocre at his best. I’d look at him a little differently if he had taken any doubt out of the refs minds and held onto the ball against New England when crossing the goal line. That play is his career in a nutshell - and was a kick in the nuts to Steeler fans everywhere; it still hasn’t worn off for me. What happened versus Cleveland felt like an extension of the NE play. Blunder is following this guy around right now.


James went from hero to mumble bumble stumble in the blink of an eye vs Pats. He has to make that play according to the rules last year.

In 3 of the last 5 games, we had...

The loss to the Patriots
The loss to JAX
The tie with the Browns



Wow. 3 games where coach Tomlins traits shined.

Pats. Turtle the lead against the "last" team in the world, one should turtle the lead and stop trying to score point. Then wait, watch and wonder with every last person in the stadium while the refs and NY made a decision, rather than preparing for the worse scenario. And getting ready for the single biggest play of the entire season..........Then to look like that hot mess of a last play. Unprepared.

Jax. Overlooked the Jags, as he said, "everyone knows its inevitable that the the Steelers and Pats would meet up down the road" plus, Mitchell taunting and banging on Jags locker room door. Unprepared and Outcoached. In game adjustments are bottom tier.

Browns. Prepared for this game as if it was the 5th pre-season game = Unprepared. This team was not ready to play and execute at an NFL level. Not sharp. Not focused. Starts at the top. Poor personnel implementation. Poor snap distribution for putting the best players on the team. For not rotating in players, especially on a AFC North type of battle, if you will. Unprepared.

This team is more unprepared amd put behind the eight ball..................week after week.......................long before kick-off............more than any team in football.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5501
Thanks for the all 22 looks Hvoc and B2b.

Just can not see how we did not audible and adjust when Ben saw 6 guys looking to rush the passer and 8 close to the LOS..............with 16 seconds on the play clock ( time clock not rolling ) that Ben did not audible someone into a shorter route, a crossing route, a slant, a 7-9 yard curl, etc.

And without the all-22...........When Ben looks to throw the ball, I can not see any target with-in 12 yards of the LOS.

He needed to audible to mix it up a bit.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 769
This play is painful to watch. Gilbert gets tooled. On a positive, look at JJ on Garrett. Rides him out of the play.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/ ... 73408?s=19


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6 Turnovers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9318
Yep that was ball game. Nothing but grass ahead of AB there.

Jesus Gilbert played bad. The Oline as a whole was straight up tooled most of the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group