It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lev Taken Off Depth Chart
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:20 am 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/09/11/steelers-remove-leveon-bell-from-depth-chart-as-rb-is-spotted-at-miami-nightclub/?utm_term=.1481aea5e032

About time. He's not thinking about football. He's not going to be ready to play week 10.

But this night club angle isn't really that surprising. Players go to night clubs even during the season...when they're STARTING. But you have to admit, Lev looked baked in that video. I hope he keeps it up. Live it up, Lev. Keep giving fate the middle finger. You'll do us all a favor and make this your last season.

Post subject: Re: Lev Taken Off Depth Chart
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:06 am 

What would serve him right is to be on No One's depth chart and out of football completely.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:15 pm 

7forSteel wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/09/11/steelers-remove-leveon-bell-from-depth-chart-as-rb-is-spotted-at-miami-nightclub/?utm_term=.1481aea5e032

About time. He's not thinking about football. He's not going to be ready to play week 10.

But this night club angle isn't really that surprising. Players go to night clubs even during the season...when they're STARTING. But you have to admit, Lev looked baked in that video. I hope he keeps it up. Live it up, Lev. Keep giving fate the middle finger. You'll do us all a favor and make this your last season.

They could have gone with the cottage cheese stripper ass video, so the media is kinda taking it easy on ol' Lev.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:35 pm 

It’s kind of funny in a sad way that this type of game sorta proves bells point. He would’ve gotten all carries probably even more and the head coach would figure out a way to be in a barnburner with the browns for a tie.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:45 pm 

Bell deserves praise the way he's looking out for his fellow players....

FA market for RB's is too low? Don't worry, Lev will sacrifice and risk great personal fortune turning down $70M to right this wrong.

Don't like the franchise tag? Saint Le'veon is giving up $855k a week to let teams no the tag is bad!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Bell deserves praise the way he's looking out for his fellow players....

FA market for RB's is too low? Don't worry, Lev will sacrifice and risk great personal fortune turning down $70M to right this wrong.

Don't like the franchise tag? Saint Le'veon is giving up $855k a week to let teams no the tag is bad!

Want to preserve your right to go to a ghetto-ass strip joint and smack around some cottage cheese?

Don't worry, Lev got you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:56 pm 

7forSteel wrote:
Players go to night clubs even during the season...when they're STARTING.

Why wouldn't you? When you're OFF DUTY, you can do what you want. Nothing wrong with POUNDING A DOZEN BEERS on your day off.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 pm 

That's the first I've seen the video of him in the club, by the way.

Awfully hard to have people be sympathetic to your paycheck when you look like you're wearing about a half million dollars worth of jewelry.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:28 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
That's the first I've seen the video of him in the club, by the way.

Awfully hard to have people be sympathetic to your paycheck when you look like you're wearing about a half million dollars worth of jewelry.

After Bell misses the second game at $855k per.............

The Steelers could use his two missed paychecks to pay the entire years salary for both Connor and Ridley and half of Samuels annual salary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:35 pm 

I'd really like to know what kind of shape he's in. Unlike last year, I don't believe he's posted any workout videos.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:40 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I'd really like to know what kind of shape he's in. Unlike last year, I don't believe he's posted any workout videos.

Hefting cottage cheesy stripper ass has to be some kind of exercise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:18 pm 

I'm seriously wondering if Bell had planned to report on Labor Day, but failed a (private) drug test and needs a few weeks to detox. That would conveniently explain a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I'm seriously wondering if Bell had planned to report on Labor Day, but failed a (private) drug test and needs a few weeks to detox. That would conveniently explain a lot.

I wondered that as well, but he looks half baked in that video. I honestly don't think he is thinking one bit about football. I don't think he'll be even close to playing when he reports week 10.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:28 pm 

I think the Steelers front office needs to convey the following message to Bell's representatives:

"Your client has the clear right under the current CBA to not sign his franchise tag tender and to either not show at all this season or to show up week 10 and possibly even not be prepared to play at that time.

However, we'd like to remind you that the team also has the clear right to slap the non-exclusive franchise tag on his ass for 2019, greatly reducing the number of teams in his potential market and requiring them to give compensation. And, if he chooses to exercise his rights in a way that is detrimental to our football team, we will not hesitate to exercise our rights to protect our franchise."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:40 pm 

Are we 100% sure that moving on with Conner isn't the best way to protect the franchise?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

My understanding is the window for pot testing is 30 days in April/May. Bell, unsigned or not, is still an active player participating in FA and as such would have been subject to testing.

I think otherwise every active player is subject to one random test during the season. But it's not like signing his tender suddenly triggers a drug test.

I believe Bell is in the program so it may be a little different. But I'm pretty sure not signing his tender doesn't keep him from being tested. The league knows he was going to be tagged and knows he's an active player, so I'm sure they did not remove him from the testing rollcount.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:50 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think the Steelers front office needs to convey the following message to Bell's representatives:

"Your client has the clear right under the current CBA to not sign his franchise tag tender and to either not show at all this season or to show up week 10 and possibly even not be prepared to play at that time.

However, we'd like to remind you that the team also has the clear right to slap the non-exclusive franchise tag on his ass for 2019, greatly reducing the number of teams in his potential market and requiring them to give compensation. And, if he chooses to exercise his rights in a way that is detrimental to our football team, we will not hesitate to exercise our rights to protect our franchise."

I agree, but they have used the non-exclusive tag on him this year. Let the market show his worth! But I agree. I think the Steelers FO should be fucking pricks to him and relay the message that he will undergo an extremely grueling conditioning test, drug test, and physical before he plays. That way, the Steelers can ruin his reputation concerning his conditioning and desire to even play ball. But I know, that some team would still spend money on his POS as!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:42 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Yup.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:43 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

And Yup. As a matter of fact I'd do this one in the press. I think they'd get a lot of support in the media for that at this point.

But that's not really the Steeler way. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:49 pm 

So if he sits out until week 10 and we are something like 7-1-1 with Conner tearing it up, do you rescind the tag in week 9 and let him sign with someone else or pay him just to keep him from helping a rival?

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:50 pm 

I think it would be pretty stupid to bluff that you'll tag him again next year.....mofo might insta-sign that $20M+ offer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 pm 

If he waits to sign to week 10 we could not trade him because the deadline would pass. I really hope the steelers pull the offer when he comes into to sign.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:44 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
If he waits to sign to week 10 we could not trade him because the deadline would pass. I really hope the steelers pull the offer when he comes into to sign.

It doesn't work that way. If he signs, then he's guaranteed $855k for however many games are left. He's not going to "come in to sign". It's more like a game of chicken. Otherwise it comes down to which fax reaches the league office first.

But you raise an interesting question. Assuming Conner is a competent replacement, what do you do? Bell leaving as a FA is a guaranteed R3 comp in 2020. On the other hand, even if he reports Wk10, cutting him saves you almost $6M in cap.

If Conner is a competent replacement, then I'm working out deals to trade Bell when he signs. Then when the trade deadline comes and he hasn't signed, I might cut him. I don't place a ton of value on the comp pick.....you're a player or two away and that $6M is significant.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:34 am 

Kodiak wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

My understanding is the window for pot testing is 30 days in April/May. Bell, unsigned or not, is still an active player participating in FA and as such would have been subject to testing.

I think otherwise every active player is subject to one random test during the season. But it's not like signing his tender suddenly triggers a drug test.

I believe Bell is in the program so it may be a little different. But I'm pretty sure not signing his tender doesn't keep him from being tested. The league knows he was going to be tagged and knows he's an active player, so I'm sure they did not remove him from the testing rollcount.

Silverback triggered drug testing when he didn't put his turn signal on at least 100 feet from an intersection.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:59 am 

Kodiak wrote:
I think it would be pretty stupid to bluff that you'll tag him again next year.....mofo might insta-sign that $20M+ offer.

It won't be $20mil+ if he doesn't play this year.