It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cowherd nails it
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:13 pm 

Don't know how to post tweets here but this take is right on. Only thing he doesn't say is this is exactly why we need a coaching change.

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1039213163420508160

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Post subject: Re: Cowherd nails it
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 pm 

wow. scary and so true. shit. steelers are fucked with Tomlin leading the shit show.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:15 pm 

bam morris wrote:
wow. scary and so true. shit. steelers are fucked with Tomlin leading the shit show.

Truth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:37 am 

RemoAZ wrote:
Don't know how to post tweets here but this take is right on. Only thing he doesn't say is this is exactly why we need a coaching change.

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1039213163420508160

Emotionally it's easy to agree with this loud diatribe. I agree with some of it, In the big picture, it's a lot of bull.

Steelers are among the most talented teams in the NFL
We wanna have our cake and eat it. Tomlin & Colbert suck at drafting and acquiring talent, BUT Steelers have the best talent and should seldom, if ever, lose. When is the last time the Steelers had a blue chip LT? A blue chip LB? IMO, some damn good coaching has taken place to allow Max Starks, Kelvin Beachum, and AV to start long term at LT (yes all praise to Munchak but OC & HC has to integrate each units talents). This team seldom drafts lower than 15, and never is involved in blockbuster trades - yet it remains highly competitive. Brady/Belichick is not only a Steelers problem - they're a league problem. Eagles dominated the Super Bowl, and NE still had a chance to win on their final drive. Brady threw for over 500 yards! Jaguars, minus skill positions, are more talented. Cleveland and Cincy have remarkable athletes on their rosters. Same with Chargers, Broncos, and Jets. Steelers 6th round WR AB - great drafting, unmatched perseverance and coaching have made AB the success he is today.

I have several bones to pick with Tomlin. The Cleveland game, turnovers were the deciding factor above all else. #7 was responsible for all but one of them (2 int's debatable). Coaching, the RPO, in that weather, not the greatest idea. Over-usage of Conner was not good. He looked tired late in the game. BA was the only OC who used RBBC under Tomlin - even then, Tomlin's guy Mewelde Moore was the 3rd down back. I'd like to see my stud RB break tackles in the 4th qtr and make people miss.

Culture
* Star player holding out - happens to every team. I like Bell, but I'm perfectly fine with the Steelers not signing him long term.
* Players talking too much via media/social media - that needs to be stopped. No excuse here. This is the biggest issue to me.
* AB's comments toward Bouchette and this 2nd incident mentioned in the presser - that needs to be checked.
* James Harrison drew heat when talking about accountability for each player. His point was misconstrued. Brady certainly gets preferential treatment from BB and the organization, BUT having your ass in meetings on time is still mandatory and behavior during said meetings must be professional.

Tomlin seems stubborn to us (he definitely is) because what we see as obvious and glaring deficiencies don't appear that way to him and his staff. It's hard to see certain details if you are inside the picture, but when you view it from the outside, those minute details scream at you.
Wow, this is only week 1. The story is still being written.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:53 am 

Fuck Cowherd and his Brady/Belechick ball licking.

He may have stumbled onto some truths during this rant, but he's had a long time bias against our team and for the cheaters.

If he's the only thing available on my car radio, the radio goes off.

Fuck Cowherd.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm 

I no longer listen to any of those turds. Don’t watch any BSPN.

However, if I recall correctly, Cowherd at one point used to highly rate Tomlin as one of the better coaches in the league. Praised him often as part of that upper echelon.

So ya he’s still a NE ball licker but that doesn’t take away from the fact he’s likley seeing the same crap we are.

Over and over and over again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:25 pm 

44LetzRide wrote:
Brady/Belichick is not only a Steelers problem - they're a league problem. Eagles dominated the Super Bowl, and NE still had a chance to win on their final drive. Brady threw for over 500 yards!

Yes, Belichick's Patriots are a league problem, but they seem unbeatable to Tomlin's Steelers (as they did Cowher's Steelers) in meaningful games. Yes, we'll always have 2011 and 2008 (sans Brady), but they've been owned and owned HARD other than those two anomolies. Remember:
2007: Patriots 34, Steelers 13 - the infamous Anthony Smith game. A precursor of trash-talking to come during the Tomlin era.
2010: Patriots 39, Steelers 26 - Gronkowski puts on a clinic on how to catch TD's. Brady laser sharp against the ultimate AFC champs.
2013: Patriots 55, Steelers 31 - largest amount of points given up by a Steelers' defense EVER.
2015: Patriots 28, Steelers 21 - the season opener, and they actually started strong but got cute with idiotic trick plays and dumbshit penalties as Tomlin's teams are wont to do. Tomlin went on an idiotic rant about headphones issues at Foxboro.
2016: Patriots 27, Steelers 16 - Landry Jones was the starter due to a Ben injury so I won't hammer Tomlin for this one.
2016: Patriots 36, Steelers 17 - AFCCG. China Doll Bell goes out with a groin after about five plays. Ben's pretty much the only player to show up for the Steelers that day. Not a good look, especially after AB's Facebook Live fiasco. Of course, Steelers fans could bitch that Belichick had snuck into the hotel and pulled the fire alarm the night before ruining a good night's sleep for the Steelers.
2017: Patriots 27, Steelers 24 - Steelers fans feel genuinely ripped off because of the infamous Jesse James TD that was disallowed, but the game was lost when Tomlin, Haley and Roethlisberger collectively had their heads up their asses waiting for the officials' ruling rather than properly preparing for the next play which, of course, was a Ben INT.

Yes, a league problem, but others have succeeded in beating Belichick's Patriots in the postseason, to wit:

- Shanahan's Broncos (2005)
- Dungy's Colts (2006)
- Coughlin's Giants twice in the Super Bowl (2007 & 2011) - the first time, Big Blue prevented a Patriots' perfect season
- Harbaugh's Ravens twice (2009 & 2012) both games in Foxboro, by a large margin. Led by Joe Flacco (what's your name, little girl...)
- Ryan's Jets (2010) Yeah, Rex Ryan
- Fox's Broncos (2013)
- Kubiak's Broncos (2015) Led by a weak-armed Peyton Manning
- Pedersen's Eagles (2017) in the Super Bowl.

Why not Tomlin? Surely the apologists think Tomlin is better than the head coaches listed above. AMIRITE?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 pm 

Saw a crazy stat the other night. Brady is 72 and 2 at home against AFC opponents. Pretty sure it is a league problem.

Edit: one of the losses was against Buffalo in a meaningless last game of the season. TB only played a quarter.

Last edited by LakecrestSteeler on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 pm 

pats would beat the steelers every time with bellifuck on sidelines or with him watching on tv from Bahamas . or sending smoke signals or tweeting . it doesn't matter. tomlins that bad he's beat before the game begins.

tomlin could swap players with bellicheck and he would beat steelers like a drum with the steelers own players. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:36 pm 

955876 wrote:
I no longer listen to any of those turds. Don’t watch any BSPN.

However, if I recall correctly, Cowherd at one point used to highly rate Tomlin as one of the better coaches in the league. Praised him often as part of that upper echelon.

So ya he’s still a NE ball licker but that doesn’t take away from the fact he’s likley seeing the same crap we are.

Over and over and over again.

I used to hate the pat ball lickers but have come to see thru results that Tomlin sucks ass no matter who the players are. he may be ball licker but he's exactly correct on steelers failures over and over last 10 years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Saw a crazy stat the other night. Brady is 72 and 2 at home against AFC opponents. Pretty sure it is a league problem.

Edit: one of the losses was against Buffalo in a meaningless last game of the season. TB only played a quarter.

Yes, it's a league problem, but again, as I have itemized above, Belichick's Patriots are NOT unbeatable. They just seem that way to Tomlin's Steelers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:41 pm 

bam morris wrote:
pats would beat the steelers every time with bellifuck on sidelines or with him watching on tv from Bahamas . or sending smoke signals or tweeting . it doesn't matter. tomlins that bad he's beat before the game begins.

tomlin could swap players with bellicheck and he would beat steelers like a drum with the steelers own players. :lol:

It was Swiss who said Belichick laughs when he sees the Steelers on his schedule.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:43 pm 

Obviously wrote:
2007: Patriots 34, Steelers 13 - the infamous Anthony Smith game. A precursor of trash-talking to come during the Tomlin era.

Disagree. As I recall, that was more a case of a reporter looking to create a story and leading Smith to use the G word than trash talking on Smith's part.

Obviously wrote:
2015: Patriots 28, Steelers 21 - the season opener, and they actually started strong but got cute with idiotic trick plays and dumbshit penalties as Tomlin's teams are wont to do. Tomlin went on an idiotic rant about headphones issues at Foxboro.

There were headphone issues that day. And the Steelers aren't the only ones to have experienced headphone issues at Gillette.

Obviously wrote:
- Dungy's Colts (2006)
- Coughlin's Giants twice in the Super Bowl (2007 & 2011) - the first time, Big Blue prevented a Patriots' perfect season
- Harbaugh's Ravens twice (2009 & 2012) both games in Foxboro, by a large margin. Led by Joe Flacco (what's your name, little girl...)
- Fox's Broncos (2013)

Why not Tomlin? Surely the apologists think Tomlin is better than the head coaches listed above. AMIRITE?

Better than Ryan, better than Fox. Maybe Kubiak. Why would I necessarily think he was better than the others? He doesn't need to be better than the others to win the super bowl.

In recent years, I don't think our defense has been near good enough to play with the Pats. Yes, as part of talent acquisition, Tomlin can be criticized for that, but they looked better against the Pats last year, so we'll hope they continue to improve and finally beat the Pats.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:47 pm 

It certainly isn't difficult to see how much better coached the Patriots are when they play us. In that video Cowherd talks about Steelers needing to button it up. Sloppy play and lack of discipline are consistent with Tomlin's teams over the years. Just look at the Cleveland game. His corner throws a tantrum costing the team a bunch of yards. He's out ONE play and back in. We finally got rid of the safety Tomlin refused to control. Is he going to let Burns turn into that kind of player?

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:49 am 

RemoAZ wrote:
It certainly isn't difficult to see how much better coached the Patriots are when they play us. In that video Cowherd talks about Steelers needing to button it up. Sloppy play and lack of discipline are consistent with Tomlin's teams over the years. Just look at the Cleveland game. His corner throws a tantrum costing the team a bunch of yards. He's out ONE play and back in. We finally got rid of the safety Tomlin refused to control. Is he going to let Burns turn into that kind of player?

As much as people don't like the way they delivered the message, it is becoming very apparent that James Harrison and Terry Bradshaw are 100% correct about Mike Tomlin.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:49 pm 

Obviously wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:

As much as people don't like the way they delivered the message, it is becoming very apparent that James Harrison and Terry Bradshaw are 100% correct about Mike Tomlin.

Absolutely 100% correct.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:58 pm 

James Harrison, Terry Bradshaw, and several posters here...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:07 pm 

955876 wrote:

Yeah, but the exceedingly well developed line of bullshit should translate well to the booth....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:07 pm 

Obviously wrote:
It was Swiss who said Belichick laughs when he sees the Steelers on his schedule.

I think Tomlin laughs every time he sees his paycheck.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:16 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Obviously wrote:

I think Tomlin laughs every time he sees his paycheck.

No shit...sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
955876 wrote:

Yeah, but the exceedingly well developed line of bullshit should translate well to the booth....

Oh absolutely. He won’t be short of offers. Very good speaker. Sucked me in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:07 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Disagree. As I recall, that was more a case of a reporter looking to create a story and leading Smith to use the G word than trash talking on Smith's part.

Obviously wrote:

There were headphone issues that day. And the Steelers aren't the only ones to have experienced headphone issues at Gillette.

Obviously wrote:
- Dungy's Colts (2006)
- Fox's Broncos (2013)

Better than Ryan, better than Fox. Maybe Kubiak. Why would I necessarily think he was better than the others? He doesn't need to be better than the others to win the super bowl.

In recent years, I don't think our defense has been near good enough to play with the Pats. Yes, as part of talent acquisition, Tomlin can be criticized for that, but they looked better against the Pats last year, so we'll hope they continue to improve and finally beat the Pats.

Would love his team to win another Super Bowl. I am not holding my breath.