It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 822
Will be limited in practice this week. Bumps and bruises. DeCastro has a broken hand. Will be monitored.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
good news for getting the timing and feel back :(

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 822
Aero Dobbs and Rudy better get ready. The Old Man can't take the Shredders anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 1115
No problem. His game is smooth and in midseason form. Don't need the practice anyway.

Arm's only got so many throws in it, in a lifetime anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1945
I once heard my friend describe Steve McNair as "The world's toughest china doll".

Ben may be just as deserving as that title.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3418
Location: Upstate NY
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
I once heard my friend describe Steve McNair as "The world's toughest china doll".

Ben may be just as deserving as that title.



IMO, McNair was actually physically banged up and had real injuries he played thru, not drummed up dramatic or conflicting injury statements but actual injuries.

Wasn't McNair married to a nurse?

I love Ben, but he's plays the drama queen rather nicely. (I'm not saying he isn't banged up either)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6730
I fractured a bone in my hand once. Two and a half weeks to heal (I removed the cast myself 5 days early), and another two weeks to get back to normal strength with rehab - that means exercising the hand in a bucket of hot water. I could grip stuff lightly after about a week and a half.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:30 am
Posts: 43
COR-TEN wrote:
I fractured a bone in my hand once. Two and a half weeks to heal (I removed the cast myself 5 days early), and another two weeks to get back to normal strength with rehab - that means exercising the hand in a bucket of hot water. I could grip stuff lightly after about a week and a half.

DeCastro is definitely out for Sunday, I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 731
CzechSteeler wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I fractured a bone in my hand once. Two and a half weeks to heal (I removed the cast myself 5 days early), and another two weeks to get back to normal strength with rehab - that means exercising the hand in a bucket of hot water. I could grip stuff lightly after about a week and a half.

DeCastro is definitely out for Sunday, I think.

Hard to say - he doesn't have to hold on to the ball so with enough pain meds you never know. I won't be surprised either way whether he sits or plays.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
Stillerz Bar wrote:
Hard to say - he doesn't have to hold on to the ball so with enough pain meds you never know. I won't be surprised either way whether he sits or plays.


I'm going to laugh at the irony when he gets flagged for holding...

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9815
Did DD break his hand whiffing on that Garrett pass rush?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4194
DeCastro is a big loss IMO. Who would replace him? Finney? That's not a bad option at all.

_________________
"Antonio Brown doesn't need to respond to anything," Tomlin said. "He walks into stadiums and he's Antonio Brown and he made Antonio Brown plays."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1989
Steelergenie wrote:
Aero Dobbs and Rudy better get ready. The Old Man can't take the Shredders anymore.


Maybe Dobbs would have escaped some of the gaffes last weekend ( I am not saying he is better than Ben but maybe the elusiveness would have helped in the slop fest)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 822
Elbow injury. Didn't say which arm. Evaluate on Thursday. Off tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 731
Kodiak wrote:
Stillerz Bar wrote:
Hard to say - he doesn't have to hold on to the ball so with enough pain meds you never know. I won't be surprised either way whether he sits or plays.


I'm going to laugh at the irony when he gets flagged for holding...

I was actually thinking the same thing..... maybe they can tape him up so he cannot hold :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 822
DD has a cast on. Maybe he can use it as a tomlinhawk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 3010
Orangesteel wrote:
Did DD break his hand whiffing on that Garrett pass rush?


I don't think the Browns ever brought him from inside but I get the humor.

Announcers mentioned that DD left in the second quarter to get his hand/wrist taped. If he broke it then, he played more than half the game with it bandaged not in a cast. Hopefully, he can go Sunday.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6730
Stillerz Bar wrote:
CzechSteeler wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I fractured a bone in my hand once. Two and a half weeks to heal (I removed the cast myself 5 days early), and another two weeks to get back to normal strength with rehab - that means exercising the hand in a bucket of hot water. I could grip stuff lightly after about a week and a half.

DeCastro is definitely out for Sunday, I think.

Hard to say - he doesn't have to hold on to the ball so with enough pain meds you never know. I won't be surprised either way whether he sits or plays.
He may not have to hold a ball, but he has to be able to grab a jersey at the numbers. All I know is that after a week with a cast, I wasn't able to hold shit with any strength. A glass of water, sure. But I wasn't a professional NFL offensive lineman. He may be more of a liability than an asset.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 822
Back in the good old days some players used a cast as a weapon even adding weights to better club their adversary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1964
I still think people are delusional if they think Ben has 5 years left in his career.

Yeah, he does look in better shape this season, yeah, he looked great on that one scramble, that one first down he rushed for, but he is still 36 years old. Older QBs tend to get hurt easier, that sack by Garrett could have been a season ending collar bone injury. An innocuous looking play can easily end a season. They called that penalty because of the new Aaron Rodgers rule.

My biggest issue with Ben is that sometimes a QB can physically be fine, but mentally there is a falling off, there is a steep decline, they fall off a cliff. It is almost like the speed of the game, the complexity of the game gets the better of them, they start to make mental mistakes, they start to throw turnovers, take reckless chances.

That was all on display in Cleveland. I fear we are going to see more and more of Bad Ben moving forward.

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
Scunge wrote:
... but mentally there is a falling off, there is a steep decline, they fall off a cliff. It is almost like the speed of the game, the complexity of the game gets the better of them, they start to make mental mistakes, they start to throw turnovers, take reckless chances.


I disagree. There's no reason for a healthy person to have any sort of mental decline before 60.

I think what you're noting is simply an arm that can no longer cash the checks the brain is writing. That was definitely the case with Favre. Lose a few ticks off your fastball and throws you've gotten away with your entire career start getting picked. Peyton was the opposite - he clearly made adjustments knowing what throws he couldn't make any more.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7088
Kodiak wrote:
Scunge wrote:
... but mentally there is a falling off, there is a steep decline, they fall off a cliff. It is almost like the speed of the game, the complexity of the game gets the better of them, they start to make mental mistakes, they start to throw turnovers, take reckless chances.


I disagree. There's no reason for a healthy person to have any sort of mental decline before 60.

I think what you're noting is simply an arm that can no longer cash the checks the brain is writing. That was definitely the case with Favre. Lose a few ticks off your fastball and throws you've gotten away with your entire career start getting picked. Peyton was the opposite - he clearly made adjustments knowing what throws he couldn't make any more.

I think you’re right. Personally, I recall that when I hit my mid 30s, my body simply wouldn’t respond to what my mind still thought it could do athletically. It was around that time that I went into rec league basketball, and sandlot baseball retirement. :lol:
Sadly, we are likely seeing the beginning of the end of the Ben era.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 am
Posts: 425
Let's see how Ben looks this weekend. I bet he throws some lasers. Those were tough conditions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4443
Lets see what happens this week before we say Ben is done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fragile Ben Banged Up
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4295
Conditions had nothin to do with some of the bush league decisions Ben made.

It’s become real evident he simply will never be a “heady” QB.

Like FC used to say, has more balls then brains.

That was ok when he was 24. Today, not so much.

I’ve been disappointed with his lack of mental growth.

And this from a guy who has always been a Ben homer.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group