Post subject: Re: Refuge in a Shitstorm
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:10 am 

Nice to have you back posting Swiss!

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:20 am 

R S wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Since they won Super Bowl XL, I really don't care anymore. Losing, or tying doesn't get me mad. All I wanted at one point was to win a Super Bowl OUTSIDE THE SEVENTIES, so Yinzers could stop talking about the 70s and we did that, so now I'm good, it is just TV entertainment every week. So we tied the Browns, this is typical, we always start seasons playing like shit, I figure at the end we still go like 11-4-1 or 10-5-1 and get in the playoffs and I get at least a week or two more of TV entertainment. So it's a long season, I don't like the playoffs, I like October, because there's still a lot of games to see.

But playoff games have much more on the line so more ENTERTAINMENT. It is just ENTERTAINMENT afterall. Just like watching your fav TV show. ENTERTAINMENT levels are much higher in January.

Right, but if you lose, there isn't another "EPISODE" for like 8 months, so I prefer early to mid season because in 7-8 days there's another one. I don't care about the VALUE of a particular "show", I prefer knowing there will be another one soon.

YES 1000% TRUE... It is just ENTERTAINMENT afterall. Just like watching your fav TV show. It's not anything more serious than that, shouldn't impact anyone's life beyond the final whistle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:09 pm 

Thanks for sharing, Swiss. I have a cousin in NYC that I always threaten to visit. If I ever do and it's during football season, I'll check this place out for sure.

FYI you look less like fuck-her-right-in-the-pussy guy without the mustache. You could still pass as his brother, though.

Nick's delivery aside, he's right. Seeing grown adults affected by outcomes of football games - sometimes for days afterwards or longer - is really sad. Perspective is an important thing that is lost on many.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:24 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Hahaha I'm the last person who would care about that. Hell yeah. More than welcome to join. It gets boring watching the games by myself. I'm cool with 4:00 or 8:30.
Yup. My SO isn't a fan, but she makes sure to yell "GO PENS!!" every time the steelers play. :lol:

swissvale72 wrote:
Consider yourself invited, Cor-Ten. I'm hopefully doing a return engagement on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, 4:25 start v. Doncos.
Excellent. If I'm here, I'm there. If you know what I mean. Gotta keep us informed, though. But as with Vegas, whatever happens at the Irish Exit, stays at the Irish Exit. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:26 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
Hahaha I'm the last person who would care about that. Hell yeah. More than welcome to join. It gets boring watching the games by myself. I'm cool with 4:00 or 8:30.
Yup. My SO isn't a fan, but she makes sure to yell "GO PENS!!" every time the steelers play. :lol:

swissvale72 wrote:
Consider yourself invited, Cor-Ten. I'm hopefully doing a return engagement on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, 4:25 start v. Doncos.
Excellent. If I'm here, I'm there. If you know what I mean. Gotta keep us informed, though. But as with Vegas, whatever happens at the Irish Exit, stays at the Irish Exit. 8-)

Haha Pens would still be relevant at this bar. I'm assuming a lot of Pitt transplants. Where in the city do you live?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:42 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

swissvale72 wrote:

Haha Pens would still be relevant at this bar. I'm assuming a lot of Pitt transplants. Where in the city do you live?
L.I.C. More or less. You?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:58 pm 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
As far as epic shitstorms go, difficult to script one better than that for an opening day visit to the Browns, weather and all. A creative masterpiece.

Epic Shitstorm
Creative Masterpiece

LOL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:43 pm 

Count me in for the Irish Bar as well...Thanksgiving Sunday may be sort of tough though...however, all my kids will be leaving that day to go back to college...so it may work...I'll bring my wife so she can drive back to CT....Heidelberg offer still on the table!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:58 pm 

SteelWill wrote:
Count me in for the Irish Bar as well...Thanksgiving Sunday may be sort of tough though...however, all my kids will be leaving that day to go back to college...so it may work...I'll bring my wife so she can drive back to CT....Heidelberg offer still on the table!

I'll take you up on the Heidelberg, Will.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:48 pm 

roger that, Swiss...