It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I ride with James Conner
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:58 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
If Tomlin didn’t put Ridley out there because he’s afraid he would fumble, then he shouldn’t even be on the roster. It’s indefensible.

Nah...Aviators doesn’t live in his fears.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:28 pm 

I agree if he feels he is a libility why keep Ridley its a joke .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 am 

Chalk Talk on 3 Conner runs including his 2 TDs

https://www.steelers.com/video/chalk-talk-steelers-at-browns

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:59 am 

It does make me wonder how much of the bell holdout is due to tomlin and Steelers O philosophy.

Does a more diversified offense and different personality get bell back for game 1?

I’m starting to believe maybe.

One clue is bells agent said Kevin Colbert would overuse bell under the tag. Kevin Colbert doesn’t call plays. I think that was his agents vieled comments that Steelers assume bell will do it all all the time.

Not saying the hold out is right I’m just saying the other side has a pretty clear argument

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:53 am 

it's still yggy wrote:
It does make me wonder how much of the bell holdout is due to tomlin and Steelers O philosophy.

Does a more diversified offense and different personality get bell back for game 1?

One clue is bells agent said Kevin Colbert would overuse bell under the tag. Kevin Colbert doesn’t call plays. I think that was his agents vieled comments that Steelers assume bell will do it all all the time.

Not saying the hold out is right I’m just saying the other side has a pretty clear argument

I say BS - players do not get to decide.

That said, if Bell, or any player, really thought they were being over taxed...injury timeout? How hard would it be for a player to say their groin or hamstring hurts and rest up? Bell wants the carries, he wants the stats, wants the glory, wants the money. He's a truly great player, but he's the worst kind of team player you could ever imagine. Selfish. I recall in an interview where someone asked him about getting tired later in the game with all the carries and he responded that is how plays best, actually gets better as the game goes along.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm 

VASteelerGuy wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

That said, if Bell, or any player, really thought they were being over taxed...injury timeout? How hard would it be for a player to say their groin or hamstring hurts and rest up? Bell wants the carries, he wants the stats, wants the glory, wants the money. He's a truly great player, but he's the worst kind of team player you could ever imagine. Selfish. I recall in an interview where someone asked him about getting tired later in the game with all the carries and he responded that is how plays best, actually gets better as the game goes along.

Well bell complained about PRACTICE snaps last year so it’s clearly on his mind.

Perch posted the carries and Conner had double the work as those other rb.

Maybe bells not so crazy or demanding two times to pay when he does two times the work.

But the point is if he were in a more diversified offense where a running back had somewhere in the 15 snap counts. Where in offense of coordinators spread the ball around more. Where he wasn’t asked to carry the offense. Would he be more amenable to returning in playing out a single tag year or even taking that longer-term deal?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:48 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
VASteelerGuy wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

Well bell complained about PRACTICE snaps last year so it’s clearly on his mind.

Perch posted the carries and Conner had double the work as those other rb.

Maybe bells not so crazy or demanding two times to pay when he does two times the work.

But the point is if he were in a more diversified offense where a running back had somewhere in the 15 snap counts. Where in offense of coordinators spread the ball around more. Where he wasn’t asked to carry the offense. Would he be more amenable to returning in playing out a single tag year or even taking that longer-term deal?

Could you imagine the NFL that allowed players to set the conditions for how many snaps or plays they were comfortable with? I go back to my statement, if in fact Bell felt he was being used to much, why not go to the coach and/or complain about an injury? Players want to break records? Right? Bell's yards per carry were not that great last year. If the yards per carry were high at the beginning of the year and dropped off towards the end because he was over worked, I could see your point but that's not the case. Ironically, he was worse last year than in 2016.

The real issue is he wants record money because he believes he is the best player in the NFL. It's become a distraction at this point, so I hope he eventually shows up, finishes out, and moves on.