It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 673
Getting these TEs with lethal pass catching and game changing potential only to have them stand around on crutches all the time fricking sucks.[/quote]

Does anyone know what is wrong with McDonald? All I have seen is that he has a "foot" injury, with no further detail.[/quote]

Will anyone be surprised if “foot” ends up meaning Lisfranc? I won’t.[/quote]

No, not at all.

I feel McDonald is closer to seeing IR than he is the field.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 pm
Posts: 332
Dale Lolley said "His issue is plantar fasciitis, which is painful but not something that should hinder him in the regular season."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 677
Still Lit wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Does anyone know what is wrong with McDonald? All I have seen is that he has a "foot" injury, with no further detail.


Will anyone be surprised if “foot” ends up meaning Lisfranc? I won’t.


That's exactly what I'm afraid of. But if that's the case, then I wonder why they haven't yet put him on IR.

My other thought is that it might be plantar fasciitis, and they're keeping him off his feet to help the swelling subside.

EDIT: just saw jewelsong's post. PF is something that never really goes away unless you stop high impact activities (e.g. running), so I hope that he doesn't have a severe case.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:12 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11034
W&M_Steeler wrote:
EDIT: just saw jewelsong's post. PF is something that never really goes away unless you stop high impact activities (e.g. running), so I hope that he doesn't have a severe case.


bathe him in vagisil and get him on the field!

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13340
Quote:
@Alex_Kozora
Vance McDonald on the field but not dressed today. It's been 22 days since he last practiced.
Safeties Marcus Allen and Sean Davis in pads. Good signs for both.
Dan McCullers isn't suited up today. T.J. Watt is in pads. We'll see what his level of participation is.
Players being introduced. Okorafor suited up. Hurt shoulder in Thursdays game vs GB.
Matt Feiler working 3rd team center today. Haven't spotted rookie Patrick Morris, who got hurt vs GB.
https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:41 am
Posts: 360
McDonald has a chronic vaginal strain and it's getting old. JFC.

_________________
"If it ain't broke, don't break it"..........Charles Oakley


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 pm
Posts: 3187
jewelsongs wrote:
Dale Lolley said "His issue is plantar fasciitis, which is painful but not something that should hinder him in the regular season."


PF is no joke. As a long-time runner, I know it can sideline someone for weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13340
Quote:
Running back Stevan Ridley (undisclosed), safety Marcus Allen (hamstring), cornerback Mike Hilton (undisclosed), running back Fitz Toussaint (knee), safety Morgan Burnett (undisclosed), center Patrick Morris (undisclosed), guard Ramon Foster (knee), offensive tackle Chukwuma Okorafor (shoulder), Brown (quad), tight end Xavier Grimble (wrist), tight end Vance McDonald (foot), outside linebacker T.J. Watt (hamstring), and defensive tackle Dan McCullers (hamstring) were among those who didn’t take part in 11-on-11 drills. https://www.steelers.com/news/steps-tak ... -necessary


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 pm
Posts: 3187
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Does anyone know what is wrong with McDonald? All I have seen is that he has a "foot" injury, with no further detail.


Will anyone be surprised if “foot” ends up meaning Lisfranc? I won’t.


That's exactly what I'm afraid of. But if that's the case, then I wonder why they haven't yet put him on IR.

My other thought is that it might be plantar fasciitis, and they're keeping him off his feet to help the swelling subside.

EDIT: just saw jewelsong's post. PF is something that never really goes away unless you stop high impact activities (e.g. running), so I hope that he doesn't have a severe case.


Actually, it can be put to rest. Stretching, good inserts, rolling out the ball of the foot with a tennis ball, rest & wearing the right shoes all help. I've had PF a few times and yes it sidelines you for a few weeks. The way it becomes chronic? By doing nothing but resting. PF is primarily caused by folks putting to much weight on the arch of their feet, most commonly called: over-pronation. It is exacerbated by having the wrong shoe fit. In cleats, this means a good insert to correct. If it isn't corrected? You get too much emphasis & weight on your arches when you run and yeah bad things happen from there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 677
steelclan wrote:
Actually, it can be put to rest. Stretching, good inserts, rolling out the ball of the foot with a tennis ball, rest & wearing the right shoes all help. I've had PF a few times and yes it sidelines you for a few weeks. The way it becomes chronic? By doing nothing but resting. PF is primarily caused by folks putting to much weight on the arch of their feet, most commonly called: over-pronation. It is exacerbated by having the wrong shoe fit. In cleats, this means a good insert to correct. If it isn't corrected? You get too much emphasis & weight on your arches when you run and yeah bad things happen from there.


All those types treatments, plus several cortizone shots, did nothing for my PF. I had to give up running and jogging and wear an air boot for 6 weeks to make my PF subside.

McDonald is a world class athlete, and I trust that the Steelers have world class doctors and trainers to help McDonald, but PF can be a stubborn annoyance.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Kodiak and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group