It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:08 pm 

R S wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
Is the NFL network available on YouTube tv???

I don't know. it is in some sling tv versions. I don't miss the NFLN though. The Thursday games are now all free to watch on Prime.

I’ve been a directv customer for 17 years. I know very little about streaming but I am ready to make the switch.
Honestly all I need is the NFL network and ESPN and CBS for college football.
What will get me that? Sling? YouTubetv?
Any advice is greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 pm 

You don't get the NFL Network on Youtube TV.

But I do get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, FS1 & 2, SECN, NBC Sports, two local Fox Sports, NBATV, MLB Network, BTN, CBS Sports, Golf, Tennis, and some Olympics channel hah.

But as RS said, you can stream the TNF games on Amazon Prime, plus I always find streams on Reddit anyways and just cast them to my TV.

My cable bill was around $180 for a standard internet and cable TV package. I got in on YoutubeTV at $35 a month (I think it's $40 now for new subscribers) and upgraded my internet to their best speed and now only pay $105 combined.

Edit: I just ran through what I've got on Youtube TV: 66 channels total. All the local channels, all the sports minus NFL Network, TNT, TBS, AMC, IFC, all the FX/FXX stations, all the cable news B.S. Don't miss anything, great quality, never really have any tech/streaming issues.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm 

If you have DirectTv then maybe DirecTVNow is the way to go. They all are about the same. A channel here and a channel there, go up a level and get X down a level and you don’t get Y.

I got in on the GoBig package for $35 on DTVNow and a free 4K AppleTV. It is now up to $40. I get free HBOGo because of ATT cell phone. DTVNow has ESPN, all the major networks, all the good pay channels, DVR, NFL Network etc. you just better have decent broadband and like the software platform on the hardware you are using. That is why I say AppleTV is the best. I bet every company that develops software has the biggest team and most resources directed at landing the iOS app first and with the latest features, then Android and then PC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:28 am 

TB wrote:
You don't get the NFL Network on Youtube TV.

But I do get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, FS1 & 2, SECN, NBC Sports, two local Fox Sports, NBATV, MLB Network, BTN, CBS Sports, Golf, Tennis, and some Olympics channel hah.

But as RS said, you can stream the TNF games on Amazon Prime, plus I always find streams on Reddit anyways and just cast them to my TV.

My cable bill was around $180 for a standard internet and cable TV package. I got in on YoutubeTV at $35 a month (I think it's $40 now for new subscribers) and upgraded my internet to their best speed and now only pay $105 combined.

Edit: I just ran through what I've got on Youtube TV: 66 channels total. All the local channels, all the sports minus NFL Network, TNT, TBS, AMC, IFC, all the FX/FXX stations, all the cable news B.S. Don't miss anything, great quality, never really have any tech/streaming issues.

Hell yeah, I’m a believer in this YouTube TV. And I didn’t watch the NFL network when I had it, along with about 150 other channels and I was still paying almost 200 a month.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:36 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
If you have DirectTv then maybe DirecTVNow is the way to go. They all are about the same. A channel here and a channel there, go up a level and get X down a level and you don’t get Y.

I got in on the GoBig package for $35 on DTVNow and a free 4K AppleTV. It is now up to $40. I get free HBOGo because of ATT cell phone. DTVNow has ESPN, all the major networks, all the good pay channels, DVR, NFL Network etc. you just better have decent broadband and like the software platform on the hardware you are using. That is why I say AppleTV is the best. I bet every company that develops software has the biggest team and most resources directed at landing the iOS app first and with the latest features, then Android and then PC.

Good points, but the DirecTV Now packages require me to pay for the 65.00+ a month package to get the Golf Channel.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:01 am 

I have a site I use but not sure if it works for Americans. If anyone wants to give it a try I can pm the link.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:29 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
R S wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:

I don't know. it is in some sling tv versions. I don't miss the NFLN though. The Thursday games are now all free to watch on Prime.

I’ve been a directv customer for 17 years. I know very little about streaming but I am ready to make the switch.

Sling has a package with NFLN. I have used DirectTV Now and don't recall if they have that channel but I assume they have it on at least one of the tiers they offer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:22 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If you have a roku TV and a moderate knowledge of how to find streams on twitter, ,y advice is:

digital antenna for local channels
the cheapest high-speed internet you can find
$40/mo for sling so you have authorizations for most streaming channels that are on cable
+Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu/Starz/HBO/Showtime to taste

it's been at least a couple of years since I haven't been able to find a sporting event streaming free online, with the exception of this year's Tour de France (and I could have had that if I wanted to go through the trouble of spoofing my VPN to Australia)

You could even forego the sling if you have a friend or family member who will let you use their cable login to verify the app for whatever channels are included in their package. We paid for my mom's cable to have lots of channels and then used the login to stream everything here.

When u say Roku tv do u mean a smart tv and using a Roku device? I am also about to look at all this as I am paying way too much for directv and nfl ticket etc.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
If you have a roku TV and a moderate knowledge of how to find streams on twitter, ,y advice is:

digital antenna for local channels
the cheapest high-speed internet you can find
$40/mo for sling so you have authorizations for most streaming channels that are on cable
+Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu/Starz/HBO/Showtime to taste

it's been at least a couple of years since I haven't been able to find a sporting event streaming free online, with the exception of this year's Tour de France (and I could have had that if I wanted to go through the trouble of spoofing my VPN to Australia)

You could even forego the sling if you have a friend or family member who will let you use their cable login to verify the app for whatever channels are included in their package. We paid for my mom's cable to have lots of channels and then used the login to stream everything here.

When u say Roku tv do u mean a smart tv and using a Roku device? I am also about to look at all this as I am paying way too much for directv and nfl ticket etc.

Lots of TVs now that have Roku integrated into them. No additional device needed. I just bought one a few weeks ago. Roku is transitioning away from hardware sales to almost entirely platform sales. They will still continue to sell their own devices too, but that is really just to maintain another distribution of their platform.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
R S wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:

as someone mentioned before. The best thing you can do is look at the channel listings that each offer. Find the ones that most meet your needs and do a free week trial. hell, you could do a month trial of each. The beauty of it, is they are all month to month with no contracts. You could pay for the package that gives you the most football during the season, then dump it for a package that has better TV program in the offseason. Its not much of a hassle and is usually just a click on the website to discontinue.