It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 1013
R S wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
Is the NFL network available on YouTube tv???


I don't know. it is in some sling tv versions. I don't miss the NFLN though. The Thursday games are now all free to watch on Prime.

I’ve been a directv customer for 17 years. I know very little about streaming but I am ready to make the switch.
Honestly all I need is the NFL network and ESPN and CBS for college football.
What will get me that? Sling? YouTubetv?
Any advice is greatly appreciated


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4383
You don't get the NFL Network on Youtube TV.

But I do get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, FS1 & 2, SECN, NBC Sports, two local Fox Sports, NBATV, MLB Network, BTN, CBS Sports, Golf, Tennis, and some Olympics channel hah.

But as RS said, you can stream the TNF games on Amazon Prime, plus I always find streams on Reddit anyways and just cast them to my TV.

My cable bill was around $180 for a standard internet and cable TV package. I got in on YoutubeTV at $35 a month (I think it's $40 now for new subscribers) and upgraded my internet to their best speed and now only pay $105 combined.

Edit: I just ran through what I've got on Youtube TV: 66 channels total. All the local channels, all the sports minus NFL Network, TNT, TBS, AMC, IFC, all the FX/FXX stations, all the cable news B.S. Don't miss anything, great quality, never really have any tech/streaming issues.

_________________
Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1942
If you have DirectTv then maybe DirecTVNow is the way to go. They all are about the same. A channel here and a channel there, go up a level and get X down a level and you don’t get Y.

I got in on the GoBig package for $35 on DTVNow and a free 4K AppleTV. It is now up to $40. I get free HBOGo because of ATT cell phone. DTVNow has ESPN, all the major networks, all the good pay channels, DVR, NFL Network etc. you just better have decent broadband and like the software platform on the hardware you are using. That is why I say AppleTV is the best. I bet every company that develops software has the biggest team and most resources directed at landing the iOS app first and with the latest features, then Android and then PC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 11228
TB wrote:
You don't get the NFL Network on Youtube TV.

But I do get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, FS1 & 2, SECN, NBC Sports, two local Fox Sports, NBATV, MLB Network, BTN, CBS Sports, Golf, Tennis, and some Olympics channel hah.

But as RS said, you can stream the TNF games on Amazon Prime, plus I always find streams on Reddit anyways and just cast them to my TV.

My cable bill was around $180 for a standard internet and cable TV package. I got in on YoutubeTV at $35 a month (I think it's $40 now for new subscribers) and upgraded my internet to their best speed and now only pay $105 combined.

Edit: I just ran through what I've got on Youtube TV: 66 channels total. All the local channels, all the sports minus NFL Network, TNT, TBS, AMC, IFC, all the FX/FXX stations, all the cable news B.S. Don't miss anything, great quality, never really have any tech/streaming issues.


Hell yeah, I’m a believer in this YouTube TV. And I didn’t watch the NFL network when I had it, along with about 150 other channels and I was still paying almost 200 a month.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 11228
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
If you have DirectTv then maybe DirecTVNow is the way to go. They all are about the same. A channel here and a channel there, go up a level and get X down a level and you don’t get Y.

I got in on the GoBig package for $35 on DTVNow and a free 4K AppleTV. It is now up to $40. I get free HBOGo because of ATT cell phone. DTVNow has ESPN, all the major networks, all the good pay channels, DVR, NFL Network etc. you just better have decent broadband and like the software platform on the hardware you are using. That is why I say AppleTV is the best. I bet every company that develops software has the biggest team and most resources directed at landing the iOS app first and with the latest features, then Android and then PC.


Good points, but the DirecTV Now packages require me to pay for the 65.00+ a month package to get the Golf Channel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 am
Posts: 485
I have a site I use but not sure if it works for Americans. If anyone wants to give it a try I can pm the link.

_________________
Posted from: HOME!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 2567
SteelDrama wrote:
R S wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
Is the NFL network available on YouTube tv???


I don't know. it is in some sling tv versions. I don't miss the NFLN though. The Thursday games are now all free to watch on Prime.

I’ve been a directv customer for 17 years. I know very little about streaming but I am ready to make the switch.
Honestly all I need is the NFL network and ESPN and CBS for college football.
What will get me that? Sling? YouTubetv?
Any advice is greatly appreciated


Sling has a package with NFLN. I have used DirectTV Now and don't recall if they have that channel but I assume they have it on at least one of the tiers they offer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 5055
bradshaw2ben wrote:
If you have a roku TV and a moderate knowledge of how to find streams on twitter, ,y advice is:

digital antenna for local channels
the cheapest high-speed internet you can find
$40/mo for sling so you have authorizations for most streaming channels that are on cable
+Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu/Starz/HBO/Showtime to taste

it's been at least a couple of years since I haven't been able to find a sporting event streaming free online, with the exception of this year's Tour de France (and I could have had that if I wanted to go through the trouble of spoofing my VPN to Australia)

You could even forego the sling if you have a friend or family member who will let you use their cable login to verify the app for whatever channels are included in their package. We paid for my mom's cable to have lots of channels and then used the login to stream everything here.

When u say Roku tv do u mean a smart tv and using a Roku device? I am also about to look at all this as I am paying way too much for directv and nfl ticket etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1374
Suwanee88 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
If you have a roku TV and a moderate knowledge of how to find streams on twitter, ,y advice is:

digital antenna for local channels
the cheapest high-speed internet you can find
$40/mo for sling so you have authorizations for most streaming channels that are on cable
+Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu/Starz/HBO/Showtime to taste

it's been at least a couple of years since I haven't been able to find a sporting event streaming free online, with the exception of this year's Tour de France (and I could have had that if I wanted to go through the trouble of spoofing my VPN to Australia)

You could even forego the sling if you have a friend or family member who will let you use their cable login to verify the app for whatever channels are included in their package. We paid for my mom's cable to have lots of channels and then used the login to stream everything here.

When u say Roku tv do u mean a smart tv and using a Roku device? I am also about to look at all this as I am paying way too much for directv and nfl ticket etc.

Lots of TVs now that have Roku integrated into them. No additional device needed. I just bought one a few weeks ago. Roku is transitioning away from hardware sales to almost entirely platform sales. They will still continue to sell their own devices too, but that is really just to maintain another distribution of their platform.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cord cutting, not satellite options.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5843
SteelDrama wrote:
R S wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
Is the NFL network available on YouTube tv???


I don't know. it is in some sling tv versions. I don't miss the NFLN though. The Thursday games are now all free to watch on Prime.

I’ve been a directv customer for 17 years. I know very little about streaming but I am ready to make the switch.
Honestly all I need is the NFL network and ESPN and CBS for college football.
What will get me that? Sling? YouTubetv?
Any advice is greatly appreciated


as someone mentioned before. The best thing you can do is look at the channel listings that each offer. Find the ones that most meet your needs and do a free week trial. hell, you could do a month trial of each. The beauty of it, is they are all month to month with no contracts. You could pay for the package that gives you the most football during the season, then dump it for a package that has better TV program in the offseason. Its not much of a hassle and is usually just a click on the website to discontinue.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], RooneyTunes and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group