It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 pm
Posts: 648
bradshaw2ben wrote:
SOCALSTEELER wrote:
You know your QB is getting old when he starts “falling” :lol:
Get the man a life alert!

Gilbert said he (Gilbert) was blocking and got pushed back into Ben... so Ben fell when 600 lbs of manhood fell into him.


It was a joke B2B.
Sorry to make your negative Ben comment alert go off so late.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11620
Orangesteel wrote:
Gilberto better take off those RollerBladez when the bullets start flying.


I'm afraid we'll be seeing the pre-roids Gilbert....you know, the one that sucked.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16554
SOCALSTEEL wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
SOCALSTEELER wrote:
You know your QB is getting old when he starts “falling” :lol:
Get the man a life alert!

Gilbert said he (Gilbert) was blocking and got pushed back into Ben... so Ben fell when 600 lbs of manhood fell into him.


It was a joke B2B.
Sorry to make your negative Ben comment alert go off so late.

Touchy subject. Spend way too much time setting trolls straight on a daily basis.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1465
B2B, where the heck is that pic you put up of Ben with the other QB in the locker room this past week? Shows the big guy really put in the work in the weight room. I Can’t find it, thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1534
Ben will be fine. He/the team has been extremely, overly cautious with any head shots he takes. I remember thinking how odd it was the last few times Ben basically put himself in the protocol, because the hits he took really were so minimal if you looked at them closely. Now, his noddle - after bouncing off the windshield of a New Yorker - may be very sensitive to sloshing around, so, who's to say what he feels when he takes these very, very minor hits (relatively speaking). But, if you analyze most of the ones where he says he needs to go into the protocol, they pale in comparison to a lot of the head smackers that literally knock guys out - even for a split second- where you see them stammer/wobble around briefly. Some of those guys (albeit, they're not franchise QBs usually) still somehow make it back on the field a few series later, and you know they shouldn't be out there.

Not that I really blame Ben, but his desire to put himself into the C protocol when the hit appears to be very minor would concern me if the timing cost us a real shot at a SB. Just my 2 cents anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5555
Ben must have had an "oh shit!" eureka moment this offseason when he realized the coin average QB's are getting on this next round of contracts. Gotta keep the body right so he can collect another 100 million or so. Only took him 14 years to start a healthy diet. Better late than never.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1458
DP39 wrote:
Ben will be fine. He/the team has been extremely, overly cautious with any head shots he takes. I remember thinking how odd it was the last few times Ben basically put himself in the protocol, because the hits he took really were so minimal if you looked at them closely. Now, his noddle - after bouncing off the windshield of a New Yorker - may be very sensitive to sloshing around, so, who's to say what he feels when he takes these very, very minor hits (relatively speaking). But, if you analyze most of the ones where he says he needs to go into the protocol, they pale in comparison to a lot of the head smackers that literally knock guys out - even for a split second- where you see them stammer/wobble around briefly. Some of those guys (albeit, they're not franchise QBs usually) still somehow make it back on the field a few series later, and you know they shouldn't be out there.

Not that I really blame Ben, but his desire to put himself into the C protocol when the hit appears to be very minor would concern me if the timing cost us a real shot at a SB. Just my 2 cents anyway.


Ben is a family man now. He’s already looking past the game. I think another SB would be nice to him but it’s not his main goal.

I think the main reason he’s back and seemingly locked in is because simply the two impending retirement and middle age is starting hard at him. That’s scarier than anything he ever faced from the ravens front 7 ha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1458
Dupe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5479
Hinestuff wrote:
B2B, where the heck is that pic you put up of Ben with the other QB in the locker room this past week? Shows the big guy really put in the work in the weight room. I Can’t find it, thanks.


That photo is a great "Caption This " thread in itself.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16554
Wasn't me that posted the photo

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5479
Here you go Hines........


CAPTION THIS


Image


Ben: Hmmmmm. Only two more days till my next day off.
Landry: Jesus, look at him. If I only had that body, that arm, his guts, his fearlessness, his.....
Mason I think he is starting to like me...I do, I really do.
Dobbs He just said whaaaaaaaaat...about coach Tomlin? That shit ain't right.


Slow day of Steeler news...........lol

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4379
bradshaw2ben wrote:
SOCALSTEELER wrote:
You know your QB is getting old when he starts “falling” :lol:
Get the man a life alert!

Gilbert said he (Gilbert) was blocking and got pushed back into Ben... so Ben fell when 600 lbs of manhood fell into him.


Not the first time for fucking Gilbert.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13765
@KDPomp
Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger arrive in Green Bay. #Steelers at #Packers Thursday on @KDKA Coverage begins at 7:30
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1029836228257112069
Hmmm....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1465
Stosh-67 wrote:
Here you go Hines........


CAPTION THIS


Image


Ben: Hmmmmm. Only two more days till my next day off.
Landry: Jesus, look at him. If I only had that body, that arm, his guts, his fearlessness, his.....
Mason I think he is starting to like me...I do, I really do.
Dobbs He just said whaaaaaaaaat...about coach Tomlin? That shit ain't right.


Slow day of Steeler news...........lol


Thank you, Stosh!

Ben: Man, I'm too old for all of this training camp at my age, I might even ask coach if I can take off 2 days a week this season...
Landry: You mean I can get twice as many 1st team reps now??? (glancing at Mason)
Mason: You gotta make the team first, huh Landry? Man, I will be the best backup QB in this league, just watch.
Josh: (looks over at Landry) Haha, fucking rookies...
Ben: let's hope none of you get any regular season action this year..i mean, look, (flexing) my arms even have some definition now.
L M D: (at the same time) :o :shock: :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 763
Stosh-67 wrote:
Here you go Hines........


CAPTION THIS


Image


Ben: Hmmmmm. Only two more days till my next day off.
Landry: Jesus, look at him. If I only had that body, that arm, his guts, his fearlessness, his.....
Mason I think he is starting to like me...I do, I really do.
Dobbs He just said whaaaaaaaaat...about coach Tomlin? That shit ain't right.


Slow day of Steeler news...........lol


Ben: Hey Mason and Dobbs, which one of those numbers is coming off the locker you share?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11620
"Brady may be the better QB, but I've finally got the better beach-bod"

"After all the recent shootings, I went to the gym to get a couple of guns!"

"Brady Quinn starter set"

"fuck burpees....I got a concussion doing those once"

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1534
Stosh-67 wrote:
Here you go Hines........


CAPTION THIS


Image


Ben: Hmmmmm. Only two more days till my next day off.
Landry: Jesus, look at him. If I only had that body, that arm, his guts, his fearlessness, his.....
Mason I think he is starting to like me...I do, I really do.
Dobbs He just said whaaaaaaaaat...about coach Tomlin? That shit ain't right.


Slow day of Steeler news...........lol


Mason: Damn Ben, you got one huge ass bucket head there hoss!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
CAPTION THIS


Image


Ben: And there I was staring down the longest 2 footer I'd ever seen. It was at that moment I told my wife, "Screw the retirement talk because I'm not doing any more diaper changes." [/quote]

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1534
Ben Roethlisberger has cleared the concussion protocol.

Roethlisberger was thought to have suffered a concussion when he took a hit during Tuesday's practice. Clearing the protocol this quickly suggests he was not actually concussed, however. Roethlisberger will not play Thursday night, but he will be fine for the third preseason game.

Source: Gerry Dulac on Twitter Aug 16 - 12:29 PM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:41 am
Posts: 416
Landry looks like Uncle Rico.

_________________
"If it ain't broke, don't break it"..........Charles Oakley


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group