It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 145
I liked Rudoplh's poise, pocket mobility and touch. Was a little concerned with the arm strength. A lot of the passes didn't have NFL zip to them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 pm
Posts: 3114
Steelafan77 wrote:
Haven't rewatched yet.

Going by last night...

Jones is garbage. Dobbs was more consistent. Rudolph is going to give both challenges they may not welcome.

Defense still garbage against the run. The pass defense is decent. The INT's were gifts from average QB's with little game experience.

Conner still has issues with blocking. Not what you want to see in year two. Especially in light of the current Bell scenario playing out. Ben can not get injured.

Fletcher Cox looked like he was mid-season already. DeCastro looked like he just woke up.

Smith-Schuster and outlaw did their best to contribute and made it work despite jones being the QB.

Missing Foster was also a detriment for the Jones led offense. Love Finney but he's was struggling versus the iggles DLine.

The bright spot? ST's looked like they could hold their own for once. Perhaps the new rules will be a blessing for them? Justin Thomas can not return. He struggled all night.

The rest was scrubb versus scrubb football. That said, I'll say the Steelers have better scrubbs than the iggles.... ;)


Is Jones garbage? Come on now. If you don't like him fine but blaming Jones for those 2 sacks is pure spite. Nothing he could do about either situation. He made good throws and yes JuJu made a play for him, however, Jones knew it was a free shot and took advantage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6086
Thanks for posting. You, and a few others make this site bearable. Quality analysis. Thanks.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 6958
steelclan wrote:

Rudolph: better than I expected. I was meh on this pick but poise and delivery looked good. Ball security has to be better but that is a relatively easy fix. His throw to Paterson on what looked like a deep/medium hook route was excellent. The skinny post throw that fell incomplete was more a function of Paterson not running route correctly than Rudolph missing the throw. Rudolph also wasn't helped by one bad drop and Washington mucking up his route. Also notable: he doesn't panic when pressure comes. If anything he is a bit to at ease in the pocket and needs to learn to put the rock away when it is collapsing. His throw to Washington highlighted good fundamentals. Used his feet well to sidestep pressure, kept his eyes down the field and put the ball in location only his target could catch. Initially, I'm impressed but it was against backups and work still to be done.

On the bolded: rather Ben-esque in that regard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 10343
Mason Rudolph is everything Landry Jones isn't.

Confident, poised, aware and accurate.

Zero doubt Rudolph is Ben's successor and he's gonna be real, real good.

_________________
randomsteelerfan wrote:
I’m going with pre-ejaculate, probably younger.

I'll bet you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 10343
steelclan wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Haven't rewatched yet.

Going by last night...

Jones is garbage. Dobbs was more consistent. Rudolph is going to give both challenges they may not welcome.

Defense still garbage against the run. The pass defense is decent. The INT's were gifts from average QB's with little game experience.

Conner still has issues with blocking. Not what you want to see in year two. Especially in light of the current Bell scenario playing out. Ben can not get injured.

Fletcher Cox looked like he was mid-season already. DeCastro looked like he just woke up.

Smith-Schuster and outlaw did their best to contribute and made it work despite jones being the QB.

Missing Foster was also a detriment for the Jones led offense. Love Finney but he's was struggling versus the iggles DLine.

The bright spot? ST's looked like they could hold their own for once. Perhaps the new rules will be a blessing for them? Justin Thomas can not return. He struggled all night.

The rest was scrubb versus scrubb football. That said, I'll say the Steelers have better scrubbs than the iggles.... ;)


Is Jones garbage? Come on now. If you don't like him fine but blaming Jones for those 2 sacks is pure spite. Nothing he could do about either situation. He made good throws and yes JuJu made a play for him, however, Jones knew it was a free shot and took advantage.


Landry just isn't anything special in any way, shape or form.

He has one thing the Steelers value and that's why he'll likely stick.

Experience.

That's it.

_________________
randomsteelerfan wrote:
I’m going with pre-ejaculate, probably younger.

I'll bet you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:46 pm
Posts: 180
KC wrote:
steelclan wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Haven't rewatched yet.

Going by last night...

Jones is garbage. Dobbs was more consistent. Rudolph is going to give both challenges they may not welcome.

Defense still garbage against the run. The pass defense is decent. The INT's were gifts from average QB's with little game experience.

Conner still has issues with blocking. Not what you want to see in year two. Especially in light of the current Bell scenario playing out. Ben can not get injured.

Fletcher Cox looked like he was mid-season already. DeCastro looked like he just woke up.

Smith-Schuster and outlaw did their best to contribute and made it work despite jones being the QB.

Missing Foster was also a detriment for the Jones led offense. Love Finney but he's was struggling versus the iggles DLine.

The bright spot? ST's looked like they could hold their own for once. Perhaps the new rules will be a blessing for them? Justin Thomas can not return. He struggled all night.

The rest was scrubb versus scrubb football. That said, I'll say the Steelers have better scrubbs than the iggles.... ;)


Is Jones garbage? Come on now. If you don't like him fine but blaming Jones for those 2 sacks is pure spite. Nothing he could do about either situation. He made good throws and yes JuJu made a play for him, however, Jones knew it was a free shot and took advantage.


Landry just isn't anything special in any way, shape or form.

He has one thing the Steelers value and that's why he'll likely stick.

Experience.

That's it.


Yep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 1068
I know it's only one preseason game but we looked like the same team against the run, which is really bad. Is there anybody still on the street we can bring in or someone we can trade for at ILB?

_________________
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15922
Assuming Rudolph is a future quality starting QB... I'm still happier with this team's offseason if they had drafted Shaquem Griffin with that pick. Or, better yet, draft Skai Moore with the 7th round pick and brought Frazier as a UDFA.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 12825
I guess what I should have wrote it as Jones hasn't progressed at all from what I could see. Most talk about how Ben is much more motivated due to the Rudolph drafting. How about Jones? What's Jones done to ensure he stays on the roster? By the looks of last night? Nothing. Jones looked like he has always looked since taking his first snap in a Steelers uniform. Telegraphing every move, unsure, scared to death in addition to no rhythm to his play. Robotic. Predictable. One might think after 4, 5 years dude would have developed some of those traits even a little. Jones didn't do anything IMO that separated himself from Dobbs or Rudolph. Which when you think about it is amazing by itself. Jones was only missing McDonald, Bell and Brown on that offense last night. That's why I used the "garbage" description. We don't have to agree. Just expressed my opinion. Conner better hurry up and learn how to block in the back field too. The Steelers can't afford for Ben to be injured missing time.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Scarletfire1970 and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group