It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16554
Ridley not getting out of bounds in the 2min drill, though... rookie mistake.

I have a feeling Jaylen Samuels is going to get some snaps earlier in the rotation in the next couple of weeks. I'm interested to see if he gets better as camp goes on, or if he wears down.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1390
Rewatch for me...

Dobbs is lucky he didn't throw 3 interceptions, however his TD pass was the best ball he's thrown in a Steeler uniform.

OLB and ILB are thin. I would be very surprised if a few vets are not brought in before the season starts. Matekavich stinks. Time to move on from Chickillo. Where the hell is Novorro Bowman?

Obviously impressed with Patterson. Nice to hear he was running with the ones in practice yesterday.

Chuks looked good. Gilbert's eventual replacement.

Thought both Ridley and Frenchy did some things well. Going to be a battle the rest of the way between those two.

Crazy to think, but after so many down years, the secondary will be one of the biggest strengths on the team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16554
Charles Demarr wrote:
OLB and ILB are thin. I would be very surprised if a few vets are not brought in before the season starts. Matekavich stinks. Time to move on from Chickillo. Where the hell is Novorro Bowman?


Bowman is another Buck, man. I mean, he helps the depth there or replaces VW... but that's far from the team's worst position.

If I were king of Steelers Nation, and just based on what I've seen of these players last year and this, (and assuming everyone's healthy), my Steelers defenses look like this:

3-4 base:
Heyward-Hargrave & McCullers platoon-Tuitt
Watt-Bostic & LJ Fort Platoon-VW-Dupree
Haden-Edmunds & Burnett platoon-Davis-Burns

In nickel, NT off, Mike Hilton at slot.

In dime:
Watt-Heyward-Tuitt-Dupree & Adeniyi
LJ Fort & Matthew Thomas platoon
Haden-Hilton-Sutton-Edmunds-Burnett-Burns

In dollar, remove one front line pass rusher and replace with Sean Davis in secondary.

An alternative for 2019 and perhaps later in the year is to play Edmunds at Mack LB.

I'm not desperate to bring in a new Mack LB. Just need to play the best players you already have.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3180
I've been re-watching the game and I am impressed with Rodgers. I did not notice him before and he was in the game early.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:09 am
Posts: 301
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ridley not getting out of bounds in the 2min drill, though... rookie mistake.

I have a feeling Jaylen Samuels is going to get some snaps earlier in the rotation in the next couple of weeks. I'm interested to see if he gets better as camp goes on, or if he wears down.


holy shit, I forgot about that. that was nuts. i laughed my ass off when he did that b/c i was so stunned.

_________________
Think nobody cares.....try missing a couple payments


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5479
SteelyourFace wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ridley not getting out of bounds in the 2min drill, though... rookie mistake.

I have a feeling Jaylen Samuels is going to get some snaps earlier in the rotation in the next couple of weeks. I'm interested to see if he gets better as camp goes on, or if he wears down.


holy shit, I forgot about that. that was nuts. i laughed my ass off when he did that b/c i was so stunned.

Does he run out of bounds if he is wearing a Patriot uniform...
Or did Ridley start taking stupit pills.

First thought was, how does a vet like Ridley not get out of bounds.
I can see his thought of needing one miss and he may hit the endzone.
But.

On that note.
I take Ridley over Frenchy.
I think he is quicker running the ball and better catching balls out of backfield.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Last edited by Stosh-67 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2916
bradshaw2ben wrote:

If I were king of Steelers Nation, and just based on what I've seen of these players last year and this, (and assuming everyone's healthy), my Steelers defenses look like this:

3-4 base:
Heyward-Hargrave & McCullers platoon-Tuitt
Watt-Bostic & LJ Fort Platoon-VW-Dupree
Haden-Edmunds & Burnett platoon-Davis-Burns

In nickel, NT off, Mike Hilton at slot.

In dime:
Watt-Heyward-Tuitt-Dupree & Adeniyi
LJ Fort & Matthew Thomas platoon
Haden-Hilton-Sutton-Edmunds-Burnett-Burns



Is this mistyped? Or would you really play McCullers over Tuitt in the base defense? Why if so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4852
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Fitz (won't say Frenchy, insult to a very good Steeler RB) is like a cockroach.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16554
fractalsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

If I were king of Steelers Nation, and just based on what I've seen of these players last year and this, (and assuming everyone's healthy), my Steelers defenses look like this:

3-4 base:
Heyward-Hargrave & McCullers platoon-Tuitt
Watt-Bostic & LJ Fort Platoon-VW-Dupree
Haden-Edmunds & Burnett platoon-Davis-Burns

In nickel, NT off, Mike Hilton at slot.

In dime:
Watt-Heyward-Tuitt-Dupree & Adeniyi
LJ Fort & Matthew Thomas platoon
Haden-Hilton-Sutton-Edmunds-Burnett-Burns



Is this mistyped? Or would you really play McCullers over Tuitt in the base defense? Why if so.

I think maybe you misread... Hargrave & McCullers platoon. Probably impossible, though, because they're unlikely to dress more than 5 DL.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2916
bradshaw2ben wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

If I were king of Steelers Nation, and just based on what I've seen of these players last year and this, (and assuming everyone's healthy), my Steelers defenses look like this:

3-4 base:
Heyward-Hargrave & McCullers platoon-Tuitt
Watt-Bostic & LJ Fort Platoon-VW-Dupree
Haden-Edmunds & Burnett platoon-Davis-Burns

In nickel, NT off, Mike Hilton at slot.

In dime:
Watt-Heyward-Tuitt-Dupree & Adeniyi
LJ Fort & Matthew Thomas platoon
Haden-Hilton-Sutton-Edmunds-Burnett-Burns



Is this mistyped? Or would you really play McCullers over Tuitt in the base defense? Why if so.

I think maybe you misread... Hargrave & McCullers platoon. Probably impossible, though, because they're unlikely to dress more than 5 DL.


Yeah, I see what you did with the hyphens. I was reading it LDE Heyward/Nose Hargrave and RDE McCullers which makes no sense on the right side and Tuitt as the sub.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4490
Ice wrote:
Fitz (won't say Frenchy, insult to a very good Steeler RB) is like a cockroach.


Like DHB?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 983
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Ice wrote:
Fitz (won't say Frenchy, insult to a very good Steeler RB) is like a cockroach.


Like DHB?

..and Laundry?

Love those Tomlin Guys!

:roll:

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4852
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Steeledge wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Ice wrote:
Fitz (won't say Frenchy, insult to a very good Steeler RB) is like a cockroach.


Like DHB?

..and Laundry?

Love those Tomlin Guys!

:roll:


Really does draw Disco Dan comparisons.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7818
Like that Tomlin guy Mike Mitchell who will be on the team forever...

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group