It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 pm 

Anyone else think Mason struggled a bit playing under center?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:42 pm 

T.W. wrote:
Anyone else think Mason struggled a bit playing under center?

Yeah...fumbled snap, and a couple “shaky” handoffs. He’ll get better as it becomes more familiar.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:40 am 

steelclan wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
Washington is the real deal. Rudolph needs some work but I’m a believer. He’s really quick in the pocket like maybe you’d expect from a young guy. But he clearly has a QB eye. Will he ever be able to open it up like Ben or Rodgers another question. But I like the player

Poise. You notice it straight away. Now does that translate to his overall play? We'll see but he carries himself with an air of confidence, Dobbs and Jones definitely do not have. His only "bad" throw was skinny post and it looked like Patterson for some reason slowed down on route.

I believe he ran the wrong route vs the coverage. The defender had to play off coverage because of no deep help over the top and had no help to the inside. Patterson needs to break that hard to the skinny post––instead he tried a double move which was completely unnecessary... either that, or he ran the wrong route.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:52 am 

could not see game. but looks like the 3 qbs played well.
I watched a bit of titans/Green Bay. im predicting much agony and gnashed teeth this seasonwith these new rules on head shit!! :twisted: . unbelievable bullshit. wasn't even steelers and it angered me. practically unwatchable game now .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 am 

bam morris wrote:
I watched a bit of titans/Green Bay. im predicting much agony and gnashed teeth this seasonwith these new rules on head shit!! :twisted: . unbelievable bullshit. wasn't even steelers and it angered me. practically unwatchable game now .

It wasn’t an issue in the steeler game. The one time I remember it being called it was actually a good call.

Whether you like you like the rule change or not no one wants to see another injury like Shaizers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:00 pm 

T.W. wrote:
bam morris wrote:

It wasn’t an issue in the steeler game. The one time I remember it being called it was actually a good call.

Whether you like you like the rule change or not no one wants to see another injury like Shaizers.

Merrill Reese and Mike Quick disagree with you.

They ripped the shit out of the call.

What I heard during the boradcast was that the refs are going to use preseason to work out how and when to call it, and that the expectation is it won’t be called with as much frequency as it’s a;ready been called this young preseason.

Well- we’ll see about that...

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:18 pm 

I don’t know if Dobbs will make the cut.

But hot damn, what a Rope he threw. And Damoun Patterson with the great catch and the backflip.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
What I heard during the boradcast was that the refs are going to use preseason to work out how and when to call it, and that the expectation is it won’t be called with as much frequency as it’s a;ready been called this young preseason.

It seems like it COULD be called on almost any play....which is yet another tool to influence games. I expect the thumb to be on the scale just as heavy as ever.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

It seems like it COULD be called on almost any play....which is yet another tool to influence games. I expect the thumb to be on the scale just as heavy as ever.

Yup...how is this different than holding? Can be called on almost any play.
The NFL continues to not think these things through thoroughly...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20