It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 am
Posts: 156
Anyone else think Mason struggled a bit playing under center?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6600
T.W. wrote:
Anyone else think Mason struggled a bit playing under center?

Yeah...fumbled snap, and a couple “shaky” handoffs. He’ll get better as it becomes more familiar.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15922
steelclan wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
Washington is the real deal. Rudolph needs some work but I’m a believer. He’s really quick in the pocket like maybe you’d expect from a young guy. But he clearly has a QB eye. Will he ever be able to open it up like Ben or Rodgers another question. But I like the player


Poise. You notice it straight away. Now does that translate to his overall play? We'll see but he carries himself with an air of confidence, Dobbs and Jones definitely do not have. His only "bad" throw was skinny post and it looked like Patterson for some reason slowed down on route.

I believe he ran the wrong route vs the coverage. The defender had to play off coverage because of no deep help over the top and had no help to the inside. Patterson needs to break that hard to the skinny post––instead he tried a double move which was completely unnecessary... either that, or he ran the wrong route.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10304
could not see game. but looks like the 3 qbs played well.
I watched a bit of titans/Green Bay. im predicting much agony and gnashed teeth this seasonwith these new rules on head shit!! :twisted: . unbelievable bullshit. wasn't even steelers and it angered me. practically unwatchable game now .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 am
Posts: 156
bam morris wrote:
could not see game. but looks like the 3 qbs played well.
I watched a bit of titans/Green Bay. im predicting much agony and gnashed teeth this seasonwith these new rules on head shit!! :twisted: . unbelievable bullshit. wasn't even steelers and it angered me. practically unwatchable game now .

It wasn’t an issue in the steeler game. The one time I remember it being called it was actually a good call.

Whether you like you like the rule change or not no one wants to see another injury like Shaizers.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22782
T.W. wrote:
bam morris wrote:
could not see game. but looks like the 3 qbs played well.
I watched a bit of titans/Green Bay. im predicting much agony and gnashed teeth this seasonwith these new rules on head shit!! :twisted: . unbelievable bullshit. wasn't even steelers and it angered me. practically unwatchable game now .

It wasn’t an issue in the steeler game. The one time I remember it being called it was actually a good call.

Whether you like you like the rule change or not no one wants to see another injury like Shaizers.


Merrill Reese and Mike Quick disagree with you.

They ripped the shit out of the call.

What I heard during the boradcast was that the refs are going to use preseason to work out how and when to call it, and that the expectation is it won’t be called with as much frequency as it’s a;ready been called this young preseason.

Well- we’ll see about that...

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 2958
I don’t know if Dobbs will make the cut.

But hot damn, what a Rope he threw. And Damoun Patterson with the great catch and the backflip.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 10535
Jeemie wrote:
What I heard during the boradcast was that the refs are going to use preseason to work out how and when to call it, and that the expectation is it won’t be called with as much frequency as it’s a;ready been called this young preseason.

Well- we’ll see about that...


It seems like it COULD be called on almost any play....which is yet another tool to influence games. I expect the thumb to be on the scale just as heavy as ever.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 1 Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4255
Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
What I heard during the boradcast was that the refs are going to use preseason to work out how and when to call it, and that the expectation is it won’t be called with as much frequency as it’s a;ready been called this young preseason.

Well- we’ll see about that...


It seems like it COULD be called on almost any play....which is yet another tool to influence games. I expect the thumb to be on the scale just as heavy as ever.


Yup...how is this different than holding? Can be called on almost any play.
The NFL continues to not think these things through thoroughly...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], RemoAZ, Scarletfire1970 and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group