steelerfury.com
http://steelerfury.com/forum/

Steelers are NFL's most successful failure
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10629
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Poltargyst [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

I understand coaches can't give their players any excuses not to perform, but I've always thought this "any year we don't win the super bowl is a failure" business was silly. Of course you're not going to win the super bowl every year. But if you have a year in which you significantly improve the team and set yourself up for a future super bowl, that's a successful season even if you don't win it that year.

Author:  R S [ Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

COR-TEN wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
All of this “a coach of men” and “iron sharpens iron” bullshit is so fucking lame. It’s like a Game of Thrones script.

Tomlin, just teach your boys how to tackle, because every year this seems to get worse and worse.
yeah. Let’s just let capitalism guide our youth. Never mind ethics, morality, and respect for your fellow human and environment. We don’t need mentors or guidance through a difficult time, making young men into respectible, honorable men. We need money makers and “winners.” As though tackling is just an after thought?


:lol: a post about tackling better is turned into an anti-capitalism rant. Now that's some creative shit right der!

Author:  955876 [ Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

Quote:
:lol: a post about tackling better is turned into an anti-capitalism rant. Now that's some seriously ignorant shit right der!


Fixed it for you.

Author:  COR-TEN [ Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

To be clear, no disrespect to orangesteel.

It's just being a mentor or guiding young men to be responsible adults seems to be lost on this crowd. Tomlin still has the respect of players, coaches, and owners. But members of this website seem to think Tomlin is a hack.

Yeah. What a fucking joke.

Author:  955876 [ Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

Still missing how any of it has a single thing to do with capitalism.

Author:  Steel Reign [ Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

COR-TEN wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
All of this “a coach of men” and “iron sharpens iron” bullshit is so fucking lame. It’s like a Game of Thrones script.

Tomlin, just teach your boys how to tackle, because every year this seems to get worse and worse.
yeah. Let’s just let capitalism guide our youth. Never mind ethics, morality, and respect for your fellow human and environment. We don’t need mentors or guidance through a difficult time, making young men into respectible, honorable men. We need money makers and “winners.” As though tackling is just an after thought?




And to be fair, I am no Tomlin hater. But that makes no sense. Straw man or some other stuff. He may be a good mentor of men. He may even be a great coach. But disagreeing with the latter has nothing to do with the former.

Author:  Suwanee88 [ Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

I am not putting all the blame on Tomlin - it’s the Steelers trinity that should be on trial. Art2, Colbert and Tomlin. A HOF QB in a QB league and they have failed the past 10 years. I won’t really believe in this team until I see them at the podium-

Author:  Kodiak [ Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

955876 wrote:
Only you could turn a comment about coachspeak and our troubles with tackling into a rant about capitalism... :roll:


Imagine the arguments about who washes the diapers.....but let's leave the resident communista alone - Maduro is in trouble!

Author:  Steelafan77 [ Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

Quote:
Steelers are NFL's most successful failure
As long as they continue with the current culture there behind the scenes in their locker room this will always be the case.
Hence...
Quote:
@Alex_Kozora
Le'Veon Bell working with a private trainer to avoid rust problems that hurt him early last season. #Steelers https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/ ... 2276282368
Quote:
@hokiebro76
More Chris Hoke Retweeted Alex Kozora
Running sprints and doing high intensity training just isn’t good enough. You have to be in pads, on the field, going through the day to day rigors of FOOTBALL. Not to mention timing and rhythm with your unit. #can’tbesimulated https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1028313553684635648

Author:  FC [ Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

Its a fluff article for Steelers fans.

Some of the points ring true...Super Bowl or bust

The past is the past...The hope is for improvement

From the 1st pre season game I saw a few things I liked on both sides of the ball

The offense looked cohesive and in rhythm
The defense communicated and showed some gap integrity
Both the blocking and tackling looked better....Still some work to do.

If the Steelers stay healthy...They can win the Super bowl.

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

COR-TEN wrote:
To be clear, no disrespect to orangesteel.

It's just being a mentor or guiding young men to be responsible adults seems to be lost on this crowd. Tomlin still has the respect of players, coaches, and owners. But members of this website seem to think Tomlin is a hack.

Yeah. What a fucking joke.


Maybe Tomlin is better suited to be a camp counselor vs NFL head coach then

Author:  Gonzo [ Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers are NFL's most successful failure

Donnie Brasco wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
To be clear, no disrespect to orangesteel.

It's just being a mentor or guiding young men to be responsible adults seems to be lost on this crowd. Tomlin still has the respect of players, coaches, and owners. But members of this website seem to think Tomlin is a hack.

Yeah. What a fucking joke.


Maybe Tomlin is better suited to be a camp counselor vs NFL head coach then


Maybe Matt Foley motivational speaker is his ultimate role

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/