It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pre-Season Sleepers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:45 pm 

Decent write-up and short videos of the guys sitting on the bubble...

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-st ... 20438723_5

Post subject: Re: Pre-Season Sleepers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:03 pm 

Damoun Patterson will make the PS. Feiler is a lock due to the lack of depth at OT. Hodges will get on with his life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:16 pm 

Any chance this kid makes the team or makes it to the ps?

Even if Adeniyi ever makes it in the nfl, I don't know if his skillset is a fit for our current scheme.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:46 am 

Oh yeah, Ola at minimum is on the practice squad.

He's fighting with Keion Adams right now for a spot on the 53. Practice reports have been very positive on Adeniyi so far.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:12 am 

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13689618-74/he-might-not-be-the-next-james-harrison-but-steelers-olasunkanmi-adeniyi

Quote:
It isn't the easiest to spell or pronounce, but Olasunkanmi Adeniyi has a name you won't forget.

The number he was assigned makes the Steelers rookie linebacker stand out, too.

An undersized, undrafted, high-motor edge rusher from a Mid-American Conference school wearing No. 92 for the Steelers? Where have we heard that before?

"I wore No. 9 in college," Adeniyi said after an organized team activity session this week, "so I just figured (the Steelers) probably wanted to give me a ninety-something. And then coming from a MAC school as well, they probably just threw it out there for me."

The Steelers, of course, had a rather high-profile No. 92 outside linebacker for a good part of the past decade-plus.

"Most definitely, I know about James Harrison," Adeniyi said, his eyes lighting up, of the Steelers great and Kent State grad. "Being an edge rusher and being a smaller guy – James Harrison is (6 feet tall) and a similar kind of build, so obviously I have to look up to him. I look up to guys like him, (Los Angeles Chargers edge rusher) Melvin Ingram and guys like that and try to model my game after them."

Adeniyi's full name is pronounced "OH-la-suhn-KAHN-mee ah-DAY-nee" – though he goes by "Ola" for short. Whatever you call him, the MAC named him an all-conference pass-rusher last season when he had 20 tackles for loss and 8 ½ sacks for conference champion Toledo.

Considered a possible late-round draft pick, the Steelers were happy scoop up Adeniyi as a free agent after the draft ended.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:00 am 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Oh yeah, Ola at minimum is on the practice squad.

He's fighting with Keion Adams right now for a spot on the 53. Practice reports have been very positive on Adeniyi so far.

Very excited to see both in ganes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:13 am 

I am most excited about two young LBers, Kieon Adams and Matthew Thomas. I hope they see a lot of action. Adams from the accounts that I am reading, is said to be a really smooth athlete and he does have a basketball background. He might just end up overtaking Chickillo for the 3rd OLB if he shows that he can drop into coverage better. Yeah, everybody wants to know how good he is as a pass rusher but to really get on the field he has to be able to drop into coverage and not be a liability.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 pm 

Ola is a pure bull rusher coming out of college. I hope he makes the PS so he has time to learn more technique and get stronger.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:49 pm 

Quote:
The Steelers, of course, had a rather high-profile No. 92 outside linebacker for a good part of the past decade-plus.

What ever happened to Jason Gildon? :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:46 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Quote:

*Gildong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:47 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Quote:

*Gildong

Last edited by fortythree on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:43 pm 

Scunge wrote:
I am most excited about two young LBers, Kieon Adams and Matthew Thomas. I hope they see a lot of action. Adams from the accounts that I am reading, is said to be a really smooth athlete and he does have a basketball background. He might just end up overtaking Chickillo for the 3rd OLB if he shows that he can drop into coverage better. Yeah, everybody wants to know how good he is as a pass rusher but to really get on the field he has to be able to drop into coverage and not be a liability.

I'm with you, leading up to camp I've read some good things about Matthew Thomas. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field. However, I've been busy lately and haven't heard much about him in camp thus far...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:55 pm 

I'm excited to see James Conner and progress he has reportedly made. Steelers are going to need him this season.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 am 

+1 on seeing Connor. More young players I'm looking forward to seeing...

Adams, M.Thomas, Samuels, Adeniyi, Washington, Henderson, Rudolph, (among others)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:15 pm 

Havoc wrote:
+1 on seeing Connor. More young players I'm looking forward to seeing...

Adams, M.Thomas, Samuels, Adeniyi, Washington, Henderson, Rudolph, (among others)

Amen.

Conner, Henderson, M.Thomas for me. I'll gladly watch them all but really looking to focus on these three for me.

Football is back baby! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!