It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Season Tickets
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:12 pm 

21 years on the waiting list and I finally had my name called. Offered a list of available seats to choose from.... all in upper end zone for the same price. Unlicensed seats.. so no PSL fee. Even though I haven't been to a game in several years and didn't plan for it this year I think I'll pull the trigger. Cost isn't as high as I thought it would be.

Post subject: Re: Season Tickets
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:17 pm 

Congrats! I was on the list from 1996 through 2007. I got antsy and bought 2 PSLs with a business partner. If you can swing it financially, I would try it for a year or two to see if it works for you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 pm 

congrats, man!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:04 pm 

Lol. B2b.
Same here.
Got email on 7/27.... but did not open it till last week not realizing it was season ticket name came to top.
Had to make decision by 5 pm this past Friday.
No PSL on almost all the seats.
Only 2 available sets of tickets had PSL.
Half way up section 528.

All other available had no PSL, but like you said, all North end, bleacher style seating and i think all were above section P?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:07 pm 

Not bad pricing for 8 games and 2 preseason games.

But 370 miles away.
Thursday night games means a few days off work. Same for Monday night's.

I teach Monday morning class and a Thursday nite class. :(

2 kids in college.

None of this was part of my life when i went on list. Lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:10 pm 

Congrats!

So no PSL, you would be in a year to year situation, correct? Guess I never realized there were non PSL options.

I'm at year 15 or 16 now...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:11 pm 

Looked at ticketmaster and realized can probably pick up seats for a game here or there... maybe better seats for a few dollars more.

But that's not the case for Pats, Ravens, KC, Atlanta games....

So season tickets bonus would be getting those games for good price

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 pm 

So, had to decline.
Can decline once.
Have a year to plan now.
Several friends say they will buy a game or two....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:13 pm 

VASteelerGuy wrote:
Congrats!

So no PSL, you would be in a year to year situation, correct? Guess I never realized there were non PSL options.

I'm at year 15 or 16 now...

Year to year.
But right to re- up same seats in 2019.
Or upgrade if available.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:50 pm 

Yeah, I’m well over 300 miles away too. I’m going to do it. I’ll just sell them all off this year. Maybe I’ll make a game late in the season. Picked section 522 row V. That is pretty much dead middle of the upper end zone. By the way, my math was off. It was a 19 year wait.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:39 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
Yeah, I’m well over 300 miles away too. I’m going to do it. I’ll just sell them all off this year. Maybe I’ll make a game late in the season. Picked section 522 row V. That is pretty much dead middle of the upper end zone. By the way, my math was off. It was a 19 year wait.

Good to know on the math. I was added to the wait list in 2001.

Great info in this thread too, thank you. No idea you could decline only once. Had no idea there were non psl option.

Congrats man and thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:06 am 

SteelPro wrote:

that's what I was looking at...
sections 522-523-524

be tuff to make it to 2 games for me this year.

looked at ticketmaster for Chargers game, as my buddy son is a charger fan ( LT fan as he started to watch football I think )
So may make that a road trip .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:08 am 

One of my Steeler friends said he would buy the season tickets next year under my name if I could still not do it............
so sounds like a collaboration/ partnership next year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:17 am 

Similar boat as you SteelPro - also just cleared the list after 19 years and bought a pair in row V, over in 523. Literally on the aisle between the goal posts. Also live out of town (Denver though), so planning on only catching a couple and selling or donating the rest...

So, any SteelerFurians (of the non-asshat variety) or other Steeler fans you know (given acceptable frame and HIG factors) that would like to catch a game just PM me if you'd like to buy them. I'll donate the rest rather than have some belligerent enemy combatants bespoiling our stadium.

"Here’s an absolute rule of Steeler-watching, along with not entertaining any discussion during the game, except for the game. We’re not supposed to ENJOY these games. We suffer through them…and hope we’re happy in the end." Swissvale72

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:14 am 

I don't think there were EVER psl on end zone seats at Heinz.

I have no memory of when I was entered on waitlist, but have no intention of buying the tix when I'm up.

NEVER a prob getting tix for a game I want to attend, and my brother's experience last few years with his sideline seats as that it's harder and harder to sell single games. He's had to go below face, eat the tix, etc.

To me....#1 advantage of being a waitlister was the pre-sale for playoff games where availability was better than for regular season games simply because so many season-ticket holders didn't exercise their option for playoff tix.

Good seeing you post, Bull !!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:44 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
I don't think there were EVER psl on end zone seats at Heinz.

I have no memory of when I was entered on waitlist, but have no intention of buying the tix when I'm up.

NEVER a prob getting tix for a game I want to attend, and my brother's experience last few years with his sideline seats as that it's harder and harder to sell single games. He's had to go below face, eat the tix, etc.

To me....#1 advantage of being a waitlister was the pre-sale for playoff games where availability was better than for regular season games simply because so many season-ticket holders didn't exercise their option for playoff tix.

Good seeing you post, Bull !!

Spot on with that #1 advantage Swiss. Early dibs on those tickets is/was so worth it.

I had no idea what year I was added until about two years ago I called the box office in an attempt to
Get an average of season tickets offered annually to wait list members. Didn’t get much info other than I was added in 2001.

I’m almost positive a guy I used to work with was on in 1998 and he got selected approximately 4 years ago. So, if there pulling 1999 now I guess I have roughly 8 years left. Lmao, the unknown is how many people joined in those years, dates etc.

But, like you said it’s easy enough to get tics for a game nowadays.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:11 pm 

I got the offer too, my 2nd time being offered. I just don't care anymore. I don't want to be bothered. I go to one game every year now and that's more than enough. I've been on the waiting list for 26 years. I was single, no kids, lived in Pittsburgh then. even if I lived in Pittsburgh, I don't think I want to go 10 times per year. But, I do have a 25 year streak of going to at least one game per year that I don't plan to break.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 pm 

Nick I'm with you man. I got on the list in 2000 so my name may be coming up soon. My life was waaaay different then :) I go to one maybe 2 games a year and that's plenty. Tix are easy to get.

But Pro that's cool you got tix. I also had no idea not paying for PSLs was an option. That's a plus!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:59 am 

My old man had high endzone seats at Three Rivers- the best seats in the place. You can see the play develop and the crazies seem to navigate there which I loved.

He still has the tix - I’ve been to Heinz a lot - beautiful place, just no comparison to Ttree Rivers vibe. Of course the team I grew up with was magical.

Also - you can’t get a better seat than 55 inch High Def TV in your family room over the fireplace with some good friends- as long as they don’t want to talk through the game about meaningless shit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:16 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Nick I'm with you man. I got on the list in 2000 so my name may be coming up soon. My life was waaaay different then :) I go to one maybe 2 games a year and that's plenty. Tix are easy to get.

But Pro that's cool you got tix. I also had no idea not paying for PSLs was an option. That's a plus!

I got an offer two years ago and that time they wanted $4000/seat PSL. Ridiculous IMO. Anyways, with no PSL, if I lived in the 'Burgh I might consider it, so hopefully I could get rid of some easier if I wasn't going. Used to be you could profit more, I think the market is not as good now.