Post subject: Re: Bell's Offseason Workout
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:49 pm 

Do you know if what I’ve asked is true?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:58 pm 

Ice wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Steel 40 wrote:
So Tomlin talks about being in touch with Bell during the offseason. As usual, these players have absolutely no respect for him or the Steeler organization. I'll be watching him very closely this year to see if he's all in for this final season. Such a disappointment.

Please explain how going to a strip club shows he doesn't respect Tomlin or the organization?

Or, explain how Bell became plural between the first and second sentences.

Well in my 49 years watching the team, no Steeler player has ever gone to a strip club during training camp. Tomlin said he didn't come in prepared for the season, can his play last year backed that up. TMZ reported Bell went to a strip club. THAT'S MORE DISTRACTIONS, QUESTIONS, AND SIDESHOWS we don't need. We need Bell dialed in if this is indeed his final season. Just looks stupid. Please tell me Bell would do this to Bellichick and I'll leave the issue alone.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:01 pm 

Pretty sure Myron Cope had some really amusing stories about 70s Steelers and hookers. Particularly somebody falling off a roof at one point. Don't kid yourself, man. Bell in a strip club is actually pretty tame.

Chuck Noll, by the way, was the coach at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:23 pm 

Ice wrote:
Pretty sure Myron Cope had some really amusing stories about 70s Steelers and hookers. Particularly somebody falling off a roof at one point. Don't kid yourself, man. Bell in a strip club is actually pretty tame.

Chuck Noll, by the way, was the coach at the time.

A. Bell hasn't brought us any Lombardis, in which case I could forgive him.
B. Bell is leaving his mother's favorite team, and his loyal teammates, and the loyal organization that stuck by him when he was down. So at least stay away from the cuties and put out some more training videos until after the Super Bowl parade.

Is that too much to ask?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:35 pm 

I'm pretty sure he'll show up to sign his tender in great shape, take a game or two to get up to football speed, and be just fine after that.

His mother's favorite team offered him 10 million guaranteed, where Todd Gurley got 45. Not saying I wanted the Steelers to ink him long term (I didn't), but if they had upped that relatively insulting guarantee, he's maybe under contract and in Latrobe right now. It is a business.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:16 pm 

I thought it was 33M guaranteed? I also understand there's a lot of variations being reported on the amounts.

I think it definitely impacts the team when they see their star running back hanging out at night clubs. There's no good that comes with this and regardless of the contract, the season has started. If you decide not to join the team to make a point...got it, but now you're just adding an unnecessary and distracting element. Sorry, I really do like Bell and appreciate him as a Steeler, but that slowly fading as I consider what the organization has done to support him over the years.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:32 pm 

Not a decision I would likely make in his shoes, but to the business thing, this is a team that has run his wheels off since 2014, at the position with the shortest shelf life in football, and not, in his mind, at least, offered him an acceptable long term contract in over three years of trying.

I'm not sure how the team has "gone out of its way to support him," really, either. By what, not immediately cutting a superstar RB for a weed offense or two? Any team in the NFL would do the same.

Again, not saying it's great that he's out there at the club, but it's not hard to see a little cause for frustration.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:06 pm 

Oh.My.God. Who cares? It's not illegal. He's not going to train 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It's not like he's ever come into the season out of shape. Yes, maybe not football shape, but that has more to do with the holdout than his off-season work out regimen.

This news is irrelevant to the success of the Steelers this season unless it comes out that he was 1.) Arrested 2.) Caught smoking weed 3.) Assaulted a stripper 4.) Assaulted another patron. All 4 scenarios would have been reported by TMZ by now, so I think we're safe.

What is he supposed to be doing with his nights while he's waiting to sign his tender? Maybe we can convince him to join a bible group or volunteer at a hospice care center? Would that make people happier around here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:10 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:25 pm 

I don’t really care where he is; all of this is just fodder for blogs and sports media sites. But it does support my opinion of the dude that he is preoccupied and has an ego the size of Saturn.

If the dude is all over social media then people are allowed to form opinions of him; personal morals involved or not. Don’t like it, then don’t put yourself out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:28 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
What is he supposed to be doing with his nights while he's waiting to sign his tender? Maybe we can convince him to join a bible group or volunteer at a hospice care center? Would that make people happier around here.

Well, obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:20 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:28 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
:lol:

Hey, Christian hip hop is a largely untapped market...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:31 pm 

I was just laughing at the cellulite covered white ass he was feeling on with all the one's on the floor...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:40 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Forget Cowher to the Chiefs....that's more like Cowher to Last Chance U!

Sorry, but that was some nasty shit. I gotta go look at some old pics of Tiffani-Amber Thiessen now.

Please don't let this thread go any further - Cowher to Last Chance U - photo wise. :lol:

Omfg Last Chance U is spot on and made me laugh even though I was disappointed no one submitted anything, humerous or hot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:43 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I was just laughing at the cellulite covered white ass he was feeling on with all the one's on the floor...

After seeing that video.....the poor guy DEFINITELY needed a few more million.

If that's what $14M a year gets you, I don't want it :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:54 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

After seeing that video.....the poor guy DEFINITELY needed a few more million.

If that's what $14M a year gets you, I don't want it :lol:

Buhahahahahahah. Right on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:55 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
DP39 wrote:
Forget Cowher to the Chiefs....that's more like Cowher to Last Chance U!

Sorry, but that was some nasty shit. I gotta go look at some old pics of Tiffani-Amber Thiessen now.

Please don't let this thread go any further - Cowher to Last Chance U - photo wise. :lol:

Omfg Last Chance U is spot on and made me laugh even though I was disappointed no one submitted anything, humerous or hot.

Here ya go....

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:59 pm 

You’re ok brother!

The masses thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:39 pm 

I could throw a rock and hit about 10 women in Miami better looking than the one in that video.

Only thing that needs criticized is his taste in strippers.

Cause.....yeeeeeeesh.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:38 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Oh.My.God. Who cares? It's not illegal. He's not going to train 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It's not like he's ever come into the season out of shape. Yes, maybe not football shape, but that has more to do with the holdout than his off-season work out regimen.

This news is irrelevant to the success of the Steelers this season unless it comes out that he was 1.) Arrested 2.) Caught smoking weed 3.) Assaulted a stripper 4.) Assaulted another patron. All 4 scenarios would have been reported by TMZ by now, so I think we're safe.

Probably not.

One thing I’ve learned from this site is steeler fans will bitch about anything a player, coach, or owner says or does.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:51 pm 

Right...because there is nothing in between going to strip clubs and grabbing booty while your teammates are busting their asses at training camp to help win a Lombardi and joining a bible group.

Some of you dudes are hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:49 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Right...because there is nothing in between going to strip clubs and grabbing booty while your teammates are busting their asses at training camp to help win a Lombardi and joining a bible group.

Probably he busted his ass all day and then went to the strip club.

I suppose the optics would have been better had he stayed home to binge watch Luke Cage.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:50 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

i think they base their morality on a meritocracy. Maybe they think Bell deserves his time off based on his stats and vet status. But I still think bell is a self absorbed dickhead.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:51 pm 

Can’t wait for “getting up to game speed September” hosted by Le’veon Bell. That in conjunction with a new rap single should make for an exciting month.