It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Injury bug biting
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:44 am 

Ice wrote:
I agree with the conditioning and talking up injury portions of the post. I just thought it was mostly Bungles, Raisins and Clowns fans still hung up on the 10 year old Allegedville thing.

They're worse than others, but it's not at all limited to those fan bases.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:24 am 

I’ve been teaching here in the Atlanta suburbs since 2002
Every year I decorate my classroom with posters, framed pictures, and my giant Troy p fathead
Without fail every year since allegedville a parent or even teacher tells me it’s inappropriate to have a poster of Ben on my wall because they know someone who was there that night and knows he did it
Uh huh.
The poster still hangs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:37 am 

Steelers haters look for a target. Ben became one. That's not going to change.

I know a woman Ravens fan I see occasionally at my buddy's coffee shop. Was talking a little football with her and her husband. Ben's name came up.

Her: "He is one of my least favorite people"

My reply: "He is one of my favorite people"

Most people have moved on, but some never will.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:09 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Every year I decorate my classroom with posters, framed pictures, and my giant Troy p fathead
Without fail every year since allegedville a parent or even teacher tells me it’s inappropriate to have a poster of Ben on my wall because they know someone who was there that night and knows he did it
Uh huh.
The poster still hangs

Tell them you have it up as a reminder that the American Justice system works to protect the rights of the accused.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:45 pm 

well played, BtB: dats funny right dere...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:55 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Uh huh.
The poster still hangs

Good on you sir! Keep up the good work!

bradshaw2ben wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
Uh huh.
The poster still hangs

Tell them you have it up as a reminder that the American Justice system works to protect the rights of the accused.

^^^^Excellent idea!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:14 pm 

Havoc wrote:
TB wrote:
And nothing I said was inaccurate.

Noone else said it. You did. Not only that, it's how you said it. Could have been put in a different way but you chose your words.

1. Ben has kids.
2. Ben has kids.
3. Ben has kids.
4. You are a Steelers fan.

You should let it go.

Maybe I missed something but I don’t see what Ben having kids has to do with the perception of Ben as an injury drama queen and not being much liked outside of the Steelers fan base.

Seems like he answered B2Bs question.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:42 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Maybe I missed something but I don’t see what Ben having kids has to do with the perception of Ben as an injury drama queen and not being much liked outside of the Steelers fan baseT

Seems like he answered B2Bs question.

Nothing you wrote is specifically what I was referring to, Lit.

Last edited by Havoc on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:59 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Yeah, all this talk about how Ben needs to be in better shape like Tom Brady poses a question to me.

How would Tom Brady have fared if Haloti Ngata came up the middle and broke his nose? Would Tom Terrific and his supreme physical condition have prevented that? Would Tom have been able to shrug it off and finish the game? I think he would have been a pussy and sat the remainder of the game.

Ngata breaking Ben's nose, Richard Seymour sucker punching Ben, Mark Baron supposedly out of control and 'cobra kai style' sweeps below the knee anyway, Burfect has Ben down but then lifts his body up and drills his knee into Ben's shoulder,how is any of that prevented by being in better physical condition? Those are 4 instances and it would not be hard to come up with a dozen cases of the dirty play that Ben receives that Tom Brady and Drew Brees and Peyton Manning do not because they don't play the same type of game.

Ben takes a beating and the refs allow it. Ben should be bitching all game like Brady and Manning did - but that is not Ben's game. Both Brady and Manning wouldn't have played half the games Ben did with the injuries he has had. They would have been up in the owner's box enjoying themselves. Hell, if Brady took the hit from Ngata, that game would have been stopped for 15 minutes and the refs would have scrubbed the tape, saw the hit, and awarded the Patriots 15 yards. Ben just gets up and runs to the sideline.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:59 pm 

You speak in riddles....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next