It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Camp
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:36 pm 

I was listening to Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller do their camp report on the Steelers. Rudolph and Washington have looked impressive according to them. Bostic looks to be grasping the defense well and being a vocal leader. They also said that Edmunds is bigger in size than Shazier was his rookie camp.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:11 pm 

Rudolph first 5 practices... 1 TD 3 INT

Rudolph last 5 practices... 6 TD 1 INT

all 10 practices...

James Washington: 22/40 (55%) 5 TD
Justin Hunter: 18/32 (56.3%) 7 TD
JuJu Smith-Schuster: 17/27 (63%) 5 TD

On Hunter... would be nice if some of that translates to rs games this year.

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/08/2018-steelers-training-camp-statistical-recap-first-10-practices/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:13 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
I’m Kong Nd of surprised to see McDonald ahead of James. Not in head to head ability or anything. Just jarring a bit to see it in writing.

Why? Jesse James isn't very good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:24 pm 

R S wrote:
I was listening to Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller do their camp report on the Steelers. Rudolph and Washington have looked impressive according to them. Bostic looks to be grasping the defense well and being a vocal leader. They also said that Edmunds is bigger in size than Shazier was his rookie camp.....

Remember when Jim Miller was gonna be the franchise qb?

Fun times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:53 pm 

fortythree wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
I’m Kong Nd of surprised to see McDonald ahead of James. Not in head to head ability or anything. Just jarring a bit to see it in writing.

He’s ok. Given that James overachieved last year and McDonald was often dinged my guess was it was James job to lose.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:11 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
fortythree wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

He’s ok. Given that James overachieved last year and McDonald was often dinged my guess was it was James job to lose.

They signed Vance to be the #1 and if he stays healthy he will/should be. His blocking is extremely underrated. I think I saw a stat where he was the #2 blocking TE out of 70 last year.

If he can learn to protect his body from more than minor bumps and bruises, he will be a STUD in this offense. Think Kyle Rudolph, but faster/stronger/more athletic and much better blocker. Having him on the field with JJ, will also make it easier for JJ to find an open zone or beat his man. Vance - when on the field - will make JJ a better player, imo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:13 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
R S wrote:

Remember when Jim Miller was gonna be the franchise qb?

Fun times

Too soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:18 am 

He has been in the news consistently since being invited to minicamp. SBI.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:05 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Colbert's first round draft picks:

Plaxico Burress
Casey Hampton, Pro Bowler
Kendall Simmons,
Troy Polamalu, Pro Bowler, Future Hall of Famer
Ben Roethlisberger, Pro Bowler, Future Hall of Famer
Heath Miller, Pro Bowler
Santonio Holmes, Super Bowl MVP
Lawrence Timmons, Pro Bowler
Rashard Mendenhall
Evander Hood
Maurkice Pouncey, Pro Bowler
Cam Heyward, Pro Bowler
David DeCastro, Pro Bowler
Jarvis Jones
Ryan Shazier, Pro Bowler
Bud Dupree
Artie Burns
TJ Watt
Terrell Edmunds

Those are 19 first round draft picks and that is a damn fine track record. Simmons was no Faneca or DeCastro but he was not a bust either. You don't like Mendenhall? Fine, but he still had two seasons where he rushed for 1,000 yards, one where he fell just shy had 928 yards rushing, had one season in 2010 where he scored 17 TDs (counting playoffs), still waiting for Bell to match that. I mean if Spinderella can score 17 TDs and help get his team to the Super Bowl then surely Bell can easily match that? Hood is still playing in the NFL. Jarvis Jones was an obvious bust.

Dupree, Burns it is too early to say. Watt had a fine rookie season at OLB, the best I can remember for a Steeler.

So, looking at all of that, I think Edmunds could be a great pick.

This * 1000. The Op was demonstrating ludicrous cherry picking.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:09 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
SNEAK ATTACK: Monday’s practice also included Roethlisberger running a quarterback sneak _ one _ during an 11-on-11 “Backed Up” period (the offense working its way away from the goal line). https://www.steelers.com/news/work-in-progress
:shock:

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/ ... rs-defense

What's next, a play action pass? The world wonders...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:11 pm 

I wonder how many QB sneaks we see during the CLE game? I'm talking both sides.....because I still can't believe Haley would have overruled both Ben AND Tomlin to not run the sneak.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:54 pm 

DP39 wrote:
This year I think Hunter is going to surprise some folks here. He's a late bloomer, immature kid. He will blossom and grow steadily from here. Will he be Randy Moss? No, but he will be a very nice WR3-4 this year with the potential to grow into a very good WR2 if he keeps working at it.

Bostic will be your starter, when healthy, he's underrated. Dirty Red will be a ST ace along with Chick and Nix.

Man, I hope the new DL coach can figure out a way to get Big Dan to play to his full physical potential; that would be awesome. Big Dan is another very late bloomer imo. He, like Hunter, has always reminded of a kid that was 3-4 years behind (mentally/emotionally) the guys that become grown-ass, football playin' men at ages 23-25.

Let me know if he blossoms before age 30.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:56 pm 

TB wrote:
Sounds lime Rudolph is starting to show out.

He had better play well with his college teammate...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:46 pm 

I pretty much want to see Rudolph the whole preseason.

I’d have Ben out there for warmups and that’s it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:50 pm 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
DP39 wrote:
This year I think Hunter is going to surprise some folks here. He's a late bloomer, immature kid. He will blossom and grow steadily from here. Will he be Randy Moss? No, but he will be a very nice WR3-4 this year with the potential to grow into a very good WR2 if he keeps working at it.

Bostic will be your starter, when healthy, he's underrated. Dirty Red will be a ST ace along with Chick and Nix.

Man, I hope the new DL coach can figure out a way to get Big Dan to play to his full physical potential; that would be awesome. Big Dan is another very late bloomer imo. He, like Hunter, has always reminded of a kid that was 3-4 years behind (mentally/emotionally) the guys that become grown-ass, football playin' men at ages 23-25.

:lol: Seriously though (I know unpublicized details of his upbringing), while he's physically mature (26-27), mentally, he's a few years behind. He will make positive steps this year, but again, he's a WR3-4 making around league minimum. What do you want, AB 2.0? He's the kind of player/person Tomlin has a real chance to help grow/mature.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 am 

SNR... stated Washington has looked good getting in and out of his breaks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:24 am 

DP39 wrote:
StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
DP39 wrote:

:lol: Seriously though (I know unpublicized details of his upbringing), while he's physically mature (26-27), mentally, he's a few years behind. He will make positive steps this year, but again, he's a WR3-4 making around league minimum. What do you want, AB 2.0? He's the kind of player/person Tomlin has a real chance to help grow/mature.

Yes, Tomlin has molded many young players into mature young professionals. His control of the locker room and team discipline is bar none. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:18 pm 

Quote:
Yes, Tomlin has molded many young players into mature young professionals. His control of the locker room and team discipline is bar none. :lol:

Heyward, Tuitt, Foster, Pouncey, Decastro, Gay, Timmons, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:31 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Quote:

Can you ask Tomlin to try that molding process again with Tuitt this season, being that he COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY SUCKED last year?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:43 pm 

KC wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Quote:

Can you ask Tomlin to try that molding process again with Tuitt this season, being that he COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY SUCKED last year?

Being that he was playing with one arm, that isn't surprising.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:26 am 

fortythree wrote:
Quote:

Mike Mitchell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:24 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Being that he was playing with one arm, that isn't surprising.

Let's see if he earns that big contract this year, since he'll finally be playing with 2 arms.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:45 am 

R S wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Quote:

Mike Mitchell

One example would be less than 7 examples.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:56 am 

R S wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Quote:

Mike Mitchell

Michell was a FA who was molded by Tom Cable.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:55 pm 

Christopher Carter

@CarterCritiques
1m1 minute ago
More
Terrell Edmunds perfectly swats away a pass that was right in Hunter’s hands. Textbook coverage in how he kept his eyes on the man and swatted through hands. #Steelers #dkps

Alex Kozora

@Alex_Kozora
11m11 minutes ago
More

Antonio Brown practicing in full. Out there in team. #Steelers

Christopher Carter

@CarterCritiques
51s51 seconds ago
More
JuJu catches a tight pass in good coverage by Burns on the front pylon. #dkps #Steelers

Christopher Carter

@CarterCritiques
2m2 minutes ago
More
Brown is back and in full effect. Puts a double move on Joe Haden and gets open for an easy score. Says, “that’s how you do it young bucks!” To the DBs as he walks by. #dkps #Steelers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next