It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: More from Deebo
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:36 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
He confirms it: Bellicheat >Tomlin

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/bb9ffe59-77a2-39e5-bdb6-49d68874e823/ss_james-harrison%3A-%27i%27ve-seen.html

Deebo's feeling are a bit hurt when it comes to Tomlin, but I think he hits the nail on the head really well here. We all knew this already so it should come as no surprise. Unfortunately for all Steeler fans, Tomlin has a job till he decides to leave it. I wonder if he will even read the article and what he reaction will be. I do know it will not change him in any way for the better of the team - Tomlin is too narcissistic! He likes being their buddy!

I find it deliciously ironic that James Harrison is criticizing the Steelers and Tomlin because players aren't all on the same page and doing what they're supposed to do... considering the biggest play of his career was... him not doing what he was supposed to do.

I don't think there's any joy in Belichick's way. WTF wants to play football like that, root for that? Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. I'll bet you, to a man, those Patriots with multiple rings would trade them all for one where they were allowed to enjoy the game they love to play.

I'll take that bet, B2B....I think you're dead wrong.

Post subject: Re: Deebo clarifies that water is wet and Tomlin sucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:40 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
It's not necessarily coaching. The way he described it was more like a play was called by the green dot, and then before the play, Mike Mitchell called something different for coverage.

I mean, at that level of football, there are a lot of moving parts to a D, unless you're playing a ton of man with a vanilla 4 man rush. Which the steelers weren't.

I interpreted what he said as: the playcalls and adjustments the Steelers were trying to use exceeded the capabilities of the players being asked to communicte, adjust, and execute the calls.

You can ask Tomlin and Butler to dumb things down, or you can clear out guys who were not communicating and executing. They seem to have chosen the latter.

No- he described it as two different playcalls coming in from the sideline, B2B.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post subject: Re: Deebo clarifies that water is wet and Tomlin sucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:27 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
It's not necessarily coaching. The way he described it was more like a play was called by the green dot, and then before the play, Mike Mitchell called something different for coverage.

I mean, at that level of football, there are a lot of moving parts to a D, unless you're playing a ton of man with a vanilla 4 man rush. Which the steelers weren't.

I interpreted what he said as: the playcalls and adjustments the Steelers were trying to use exceeded the capabilities of the players being asked to communicte, adjust, and execute the calls.

You can ask Tomlin and Butler to dumb things down, or you can clear out guys who were not communicating and executing. They seem to have chosen the latter.

No- he described it as two different playcalls coming in from the sideline, B2B.

Nah...Bruce Arians’ fault, Dick LeBeau’s fault, Todd Haley’s fault, Mike Mitchell’s fault...
Never, ever, EVER Mike Tomlin’s fault!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:27 pm 

""Mike Tomlin is good as a head coach," Harrison said. "He's a players' coach. I think he needs to be a little bit more disciplined."

A lot of people here - who aren't in the locker room, as B2B loves to point out - have been saying this for years.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:42 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
""Mike Tomlin is good as a head coach," Harrison said. "He's a players' coach. I think he needs to be a little bit more disciplined."

A lot of people here - who aren't in the locker room, as B2B loves to point out - have been saying this for years.

I can agree with that, but that's not the same thing as saying "Mike Tomlin sucks" which is how some would interpret it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:13 pm 

Quote:
""Mike Tomlin is good as a head coach," Harrison said. "He's a players' coach. I think he needs to be a little bit more disciplined

A bit ironic that James Harrison says Aviators needs to be more disciplined, when he was the biggest discipline problem last season... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:18 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
A bit ironic that James Harrison says Aviators needs to be more disciplined, when he was the biggest discipline problem last season... :lol:

This is a good point. How big of a problem/distraction must Harrison have had to be to actually get cut when NE is looking for LBers?

They did a good job of keeping that in house, because it's pretty extraordinary he got cut when you think about it all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:59 pm 

BTW...there’s also a difference between miscommunication and occasional improvisation on defense...so comparing what Harrison did in the Super Bowl to there being two plays being sent in from the sideline is kinda ridiculous.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:20 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
BTW...there’s also a difference between miscommunication and occasional improvisation on defense...so comparing what Harrison did in the Super Bowl to there being two plays being sent in from the sideline is kinda ridiculous.

Right!! Another bogus defense of Tomlin by B2B.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:43 pm 

Obviously there's less chance for confusion when you only send in 1 playcall.

It's also a lot easier to get that 1 playcall right when you cheat :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next