bradshaw2ben wrote:
Unedited headline:

Deebo Clarifies That Tom Brady Is Good, Says Nothing About Tomlin

Thanks for the clarification.

:roll:

Post subject: More from Deebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 pm 

He confirms it: Bellicheat >Tomlin

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/bb9ffe59-77a2-39e5-bdb6-49d68874e823/ss_james-harrison%3A-%27i%27ve-seen.html

Deebo's feeling are a bit hurt when it comes to Tomlin, but I think he hits the nail on the head really well here. We all knew this already so it should come as no surprise. Unfortunately for all Steeler fans, Tomlin has a job till he decides to leave it. I wonder if he will even read the article and what he reaction will be. I do know it will not change him in any way for the better of the team - Tomlin is too narcissistic! He likes being their buddy!

Post subject: Re: Deebo clarifies that water is wet and Tomlin sucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:44 pm 

Yeah I don’t see the Brady tomlin connection.

But in the one article I read Debo said they double called defenses. So half the D was playing a different play. That right there is abject failure. It’s really startling in its badness like giving up a 98 yard QB naked bootleg TD.

Post subject: Re: More from Deebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:45 pm 

alancac98 wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/bb9ffe59-77a2-39e5-bdb6-49d68874e823/ss_james-harrison%3A-%27i%27ve-seen.html

Deebo's feeling are a bit hurt when it comes to Tomlin, but I think he hits the nail on the head really well here. We all knew this already so it should come as no surprise. Unfortunately for all Steeler fans, Tomlin has a job till he decides to leave it. I wonder if he will even read the article and what he reaction will be. I do know it will not change him in any way for the better of the team - Tomlin is too narcissistic! He likes being their buddy!

New thread?

Any way, everyone knows BB is better. The better question is than who isn’t BB better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:

But in the one article I read Debo said they double called defenses. So half the D was playing a different play. That right there is abject failure. It’s really startling in its badness like giving up a 92 yard QB naked bootleg TD.

WTF!

Link.

That’s crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:58 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

But in the one article I read Debo said they double called defenses. So half the D was playing a different play. That right there is abject failure. It’s really startling in its badness like giving up a 92 yard QB naked bootleg TD.

WTF!

Link.

That’s crazy.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/james- ... s-steelers

It’s like between tomlin Haley and butler/lebeau steelers truly play with one hand ties behind their backs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:05 pm 

Belichick is the best coach in NFL history. Who gives a shit? No one compares to him and all coaches have their failing to varying degrees.

Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 pm 

It's not necessarily coaching. The way he described it was more like a play was called by the green dot, and then before the play, Mike Mitchell called something different for coverage.

I mean, at that level of football, there are a lot of moving parts to a D, unless you're playing a ton of man with a vanilla 4 man rush. Which the steelers weren't.

I interpreted what he said as: the playcalls and adjustments the Steelers were trying to use exceeded the capabilities of the players being asked to communicte, adjust, and execute the calls.

You can ask Tomlin and Butler to dumb things down, or you can clear out guys who were not communicating and executing. They seem to have chosen the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 pm 

alancac98 wrote:

I find it deliciously ironic that James Harrison is criticizing the Steelers and Tomlin because players aren't all on the same page and doing what they're supposed to do... considering the biggest play of his career was... him not doing what he was supposed to do.

I don't think there's any joy in Belichick's way. WTF wants to play football like that, root for that? Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. I'll bet you, to a man, those Patriots with multiple rings would trade them all for one where they were allowed to enjoy the game they love to play.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
It's not necessarily coaching. The way he described it was more like a play was called by the green dot, and then before the play, Mike Mitchell called something different for coverage.

I mean, at that level of football, there are a lot of moving parts to a D, unless you're playing a ton of man with a vanilla 4 man rush. Which the steelers weren't.

I interpreted what he said as: the playcalls and adjustments the Steelers were trying to use exceeded the capabilities of the players being asked to communicte, adjust, and execute the calls.

You can ask Tomlin and Butler to dumb things down, or you can clear out guys who were not communicating and executing. They seem to have chosen the latter.

Sure one bad call maybe in this case. But it’s just this legacy of doing stupid shit. And I don’t believe for a minute this was isolated. I mean they have gaps so big in their defense at times it’s like they have to work hard at it.

I get that we’re talking the pinnacle of sport and it’s not easy. That’s why it hurts so bad to watch coaching done cleanly and then watch our staff put their heads down and run really fast into a wall. What could have been if the guys didn’t piss away close to a decade of opportunities.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:49 pm 

TB wrote:
Belichick is the best coach in NFL history. Who gives a shit? No one compares to him and all coaches have their failing to varying degrees.

Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:56 pm 

TB wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 pm 

Quote:
What could have been if the guys didn’t piss away close to a decade of opportunities.

Got that right.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:02 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Which is fine for this coming season, but if you find yourself in the middle of a season, and your guys aren't capable of doing the D you want them to do, then dumb it down until you get guys who can run what you want.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:17 pm 

TB wrote:

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 am 

<I don't think there's any joy in Belichick's way.>

plenty of joy for the fans

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:59 am 

Last year was an outlier, by any measure. Lost their best player and primary playmaker, three of their front seven and one safeties were playing with big injuries, and their communicator on defense left a lot to be desired. Plus the depth at safety left them with few options. You want to blame them for not trying Cam Sutton instead of Burns... maybe, but Burns was so tantalizing-- played great most of the time and then would make a killer mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:02 am 

Deebo preaching to the choir here. Nothing to get offended by folks. Belichick wins year after year with no name players. That is, until they play for him. The system is consistently good and hard to beat. Take players/coaches away from the Belichick system and you have mediocrity and abject failure. Belichick is the greatest coach (so far) in the NFL's history. 1st ballot Hall of Fame candidate. Just because Deebo throwing rocks from his glass house doesn't mean Tomlin is a bad coach. Just means Tomlin is who he is and the Steelers are fortunate to have him. There are a lot worse out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:24 am 

Is this a joke? No shit Belichick is better than Tomlin. He's better than any NFL coach ever. Just some bullshit controversy to stir up clicks during the slow off-season. This is far from an indictment of Tomlin even though I know that's what people want to see. Tomlin has his warts, but he's still one of the top coaches in the league. We could have much, much worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

I think that's why NE is so good. #1, they cheat everywhere they can. #2, I think they keep things relatively simple and demand perfection. Belicheat does change up all the time, but you can still keep things simple while doing something different.

Funny thing is, you don't have to be a "player's coach" when you win. Players will put up with a lot of crap when they're winning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:00 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Deebo preaching to the choir here. Nothing to get offended by folks. Belichick wins year after year with no name players. That is, until they play for him. The system is consistently good and hard to beat. Take players/coaches away from the Belichick system and you have mediocrity and abject failure. Belichick is the greatest coach (so far) in the NFL's history. 1st ballot Hall of Fame candidate. Just because Deebo throwing rocks from his glass house doesn't mean Tomlin is a bad coach. Just means Tomlin is who he is and the Steelers are fortunate to have him. There are a lot worse out there.

Belichick's defense was 31st in the NFL this past season, and they got annihilated in the Super Bowl by a journeyman backup QB.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:07 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Which is fine for this coming season, but if you find yourself in the middle of a season, and your guys aren't capable of doing the D you want them to do, then dumb it down until you get guys who can run what you want.

If it takes til the middle of the season to realize that the your players aren’t capable, then you are a poor coach.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:10 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
If it takes til the middle of the season to realize that the your players aren’t capable, then you are a poor coach.

What kind of a coach are you if it takes you until the night before the Super Bowl to figure that out?