It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bell Signing Rumor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:48 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Just focus on the receiving for a minute.

Can’t wait to see how he’s utilized!

A sure natural with the ball in his hands.

That tipped pass to himself was beautiful. Great hands.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:16 pm 

The thing with Brown is that how much of his stats and production comes by just the sheer volume of targets, of the amount of times they throw to him? And if you take any decent WR and throw an excessive amount of passes to him, in his direction, couldn't they do much the same?

You look at Brown last season he was targeted 163 times in 14 games, but he only had a catch percentage of 62%, catching 101 passes. That was the second lowest catch rate of his career. Just a couple of years ago his catch rate % was 70. You look at Juilo Jones last season his catch rate was worse than Brown, at 59.5%. Sure, both are putting up these gaudy stats but both of their respective teams are having to feed them more and more, targeting them more to excess to still achieve that production.

It is something to look at and keep in mind, to me it is an indicator that your offense is having trouble, that you are not spreading the ball around enough. Atlanta got all of 3 TDs from Julio Jones last season, they realized that they need some compliments to Jones and so they drafted Calvin Ridley. We drafted JuJu and Washington. But just drafting someone is not enough, you actually have to get them targets and production, follow through.

Ben could play 5 years and do really well if he just distributed the ball to the open man and doesn't just take the easy, lazy way out and force it to Brown, dump it to Bell, etc. I look at Drew Brees last season, he was just distributing the ball to the open man, be it WR Michael Thomas, 69.8% catch rate, or Alvin Kamara, etc.

I agree with B2B about Samuels. I think with Samuels, McDonald, JuJu and Washington, that Brown and Bell's monster seasons should be over. Honestly, Brown shouldn't have more than 85 catches this season, Bell shouldn't have more than 60, the additional talent is THAT good, Ben/Fitchner have to spread the ball around.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
AB is a prima donna, just like Bell. Both want the ball all the time, fuck everybody else.

Those guys are great, but I have little doubt we're a better offense if some of their production gets spread around to other guys - there's some pretty good talent behind AB and Bell.

Alright, let's play a game. AFCCG, game on the line, 3rd and 9: who do you think Bill Belichick is most worried about? AB, Bell, Juju, Washington or McDonald? Put it another way, all things being equal, who do you trust more to get open, make the grab and create the 1st down?

Sometimes, there's a good reason one guy gets a few more looks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 pm 

Ice wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
AB is a prima donna, just like Bell. Both want the ball all the time, fuck everybody else.

Those guys are great, but I have little doubt we're a better offense if some of their production gets spread around to other guys - there's some pretty good talent behind AB and Bell.

Alright, let's play a game. AFCCG, game on the line, 3rd and 9: who do you think Bill Belichick is most worried about? AB, Bell, Juju, Washington or McDonald? Put it another way, all things being equal, who do you trust more to get open, make the grab and create the 1st down?

I’m just happy that Haley is fucking gone because a 3rd & 9 in a playoff game on the road means he has AB in there with Jesse James, Roosevelt Nix, and the ghost of Matt Spaeth and everyone knows who it was going to.

Fuck that guy.....

FUCK THE NFL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:40 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
One receiver expected to be a huge contributor, the other one rarely mentioned

Combine Invite: Yes/Yes
Height: 5110/5114
Weight: 213/225
40 Yrd Dash: 4.54/4.54
20 Yrd Dash: 2.64/2.68
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59/1.63
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 14/18
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2/34 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'00"/10'1"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32/4.28
3-Cone Drill: 7.11/6.93
Should I assume the other is james washington?

yessir.

Washington is a RB playing WR and Samuels is a RB playing WR. I'll bet Fitchner isn't sleeping much right now... thinking about formations and playcalls for this offense. Sky's the limit for AB/Bell/Samuels... those dudes can do anything on a football field. I hope Samuels is close to as good in the NFL as he was in college.

As both his HS and College coaches described him...he's just a football player. Give him a position/job and he'll get it done. I think he'll fit right in with our running game as well. Munch and the Oline are going to love him. He's very adept at running (and getting the most out of) the outside-zone/stretch play we love. With DD pulling as the backside guard leading the way he should do well. Hell, have Bell back there with him and then motion Bell out to the slot and Jay Sam would have even more success running that play after you pass it out to Bell first a few times. Would be a nice set up and probable good for a consistent 10-20 yard run. Dude rarely goes backwards too. Always getting positive yards for the most part.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 pm 

Ice wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Juju after Ben pump fakes to a double covered AB.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:17 pm 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
I’m just happy that Haley is fucking gone because a 3rd & 9 in a playoff game on the road means he has AB in there with Jesse James, Roosevelt Nix, and the ghost of Matt Spaeth and everyone knows who it was going to.

Fuck that guy.....

I can't decide if I should be laughing at this or punch a wall out of frustration. Fucking Haley....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:45 pm 

Fuck that guy.....

He did it on the last play of the game in Denver (had Bryant on the bench, IIRC), and the same sort of shit in Foxboro.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:39 pm 

Fuck that guy.....

Well he essentially benched Bryant vs the Pats in the second half, so while your post was sarcastic it isn't entirely without merit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:44 pm 

I know some New England haters are not going to like this but Samuels and Washington are the epitome of that classic Patriot offensive player.

People want to tear down both Jaylin and James, say that they are not this or that, not big enough, fast enough, whatever. Just like those Patriot skill position players, they may not be the fastest, biggest, but they will be some of the highest conditioned athletes, able to maintain a high level from the 1st quarter to the 4th quarter, they won't get gassed or tire. They also are some of the smartest, brightest players, able to digest the playbook, be used in a variety of ways.

You look at how RB/3rd down back James White plays for NE, how Brady just kills defenses with him. Counting the playoffs, White has scored 22 TDs the past three seasons. Why can't Samuels be our version of James White?

I think the pick of JuJu started a trend for the Steelers to where they finally got back to drafting football players, period. That may sound like an odd thing to say, but for a while there they got enamored with size, speed guys, be it Bryant, Coates, etc, that were limited because of their instincts, lack of football smarts, hands, inability to digest the playbook, run a complete route tree, etc.

But with JuJu, and now Washington and Samuels, they have 3 real football players, that love football, love everything about it. They are all smart, high character players that will do anything asked of them, even block and do all of the little things. That is a return to winning football, to championship football in my mind.

One of the things that I loved about Washington and Samuels is how after collectively scoring almost 90 TDs in college, how it became old hat for them, I love how James would just flip the ball to the ref after scoring a TD, like it was no big deal. Just so excited to see how these 3 players are going to play this year, how much better this offense will be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next