It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jameis Winston to miss Steelers game,
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 am 

Suspended 1st 3 games. SBI you would think but could be a tossup with Coach Sunglasses vs Ryan Fitzpatrick

Post subject: Re: Jameis Winston to miss Steelers game,
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:58 am 

RooneyTunes wrote:
Suspended 1st 3 games. SBI you would think but could be a tossup with Coach Sunglasses vs Ryan Fitzpatrick

At least Mike Glennon doesn't still play there...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 am 

He will get it reduced to 2 games because the NFL is transparent in it's MNF promotions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:48 pm 

Accusation seems a little suspicious....Although, interestingly, Winston's denial was "she was confused as to how many people were in the car and who was sitting next to her".

Get with the program. This is why you hire a personal driver/bodyguard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:54 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
RooneyTunes wrote:

At least Mike Glennon doesn't still play there...

Amen.

Fucking embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:12 am 

If I was the Bucs HC I’d sign Glennon just for that game so he can continue to haunt Fraudlin’s dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:48 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
If I was the Bucs HC I’d sign Glennon just for that game so he can continue to haunt Fraudlin’s dreams.

LoL, well that would certainly put some more heat on Mike from the media. I feel like we’ve finally started to see some negative press on ole Aviators. I’m sure this would add to that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:34 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
LoL, well that would certainly put some more heat on Mike from the media. I feel like we’ve finally started to see some negative press on ole Aviators. I’m sure this would add to that.

Yeah, but we all know Mikey is going nowhere until a few losing seasons after Ben retires.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:24 pm 

Kodiak wrote:

Yeah, but we all know Mikey is going nowhere until a few losing seasons after Ben retires.

Truth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:19 pm 

Kodiak wrote:

Truth

This team would have to go 1-15 for 3 straight years for the Rooneys to can coach aviators...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:59 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
...Yeah, but we all know Mikey is going nowhere until a few losing seasons after Ben retires.

Truth

This team would have to go 1-15 for 3 straight years for the Rooneys to can coach aviators...

Probably not even then. You know...stability, continuity, and all that other very important stuff...

We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. -Clark W. Griswald
#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:29 pm 

If MT goes 10-6 this year with Ben, then 1-15 three straight years, he'd have a winning percentage

about the same as: Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Ron Rivera, Marv Levy, Don Coryell

and better than: Mike Ditka, Mike Shanahan, Chuck Knox, Wade Phillips, Gruden, Tom Coughlin, Dan Reeves, Dick Vermeil, and Bum Phillips.

He'd be 24th on the all-time win list, ahead of Hank Stram.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:21 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If MT goes 10-6 this year with Ben, then 1-15 three straight years, he'd have a winning percentage

about the same as: Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Ron Rivera, Marv Levy, Don Coryell

and better than: Mike Ditka, Mike Shanahan, Chuck Knox, Wade Phillips, Gruden, Tom Coughlin, Dan Reeves, Dick Vermeil, and Bum Phillips.

We do not care about winning percentage, dammit, we want championships, and it has been too long.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:50 pm 

The only thing more annoying then those people wishing for the Steelers to move to a 4-3 defense, are those people wishing for Tomlin to be fired! :lol:

But one of those wishes has a realistic chance of happening.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:32 pm 

Scunge wrote:
The only thing more annoying then those people wishing for the Steelers to move to a 4-3 defense

Oh, those guys are the worst. ;)

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:17 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

about the same as: Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson....

LMFAO....Parcells never had a QB like Ben - won championships with Phil Simms and fucking Jeff Hostetler. And Jimmy Johnson built a 1-15 team into a dynasty, a team even Barry Switzer won a title with.

Tomlin won ONE title with a team, and coaches, he mostly inherited. Switzer is the guy you should mention him with, not Parcells and JJ.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:11 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

We do not care about winning percentage, dammit, we want championships, and it has been too long.

Coaches that inherit good teams are going to have good records.

Coaches that inherit a loser are going to have to build from the ground up and winning % will reflect it.

Great coaches that take on two losing franchises and turn them around are not going to have as good of a win % as a mediocre coach who inherited a winner and then retired.

Winning % in a vacuum is not informative and not a reliable measure of coaching ability.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:23 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

We have 6 championships in 85 years of football. You might try setting proper expectations.

What the Patriots and Brady have done is unprecedented. You can't set that as your expectation. That's like being pissed at Tony Gwynn for not being the same hitter that Ted Williams was.

Aaron Rodgers has 1 SB.
Drew Brees has 1 SB.
Peyton Manning has 2 SBs, same as Ben.
Philip Rivers has 0 SBs.
Tony Romo has 0 SBs.
Russell Wilson has 1 SB.
Steve McNair has 0 SBs.
Kurt Warner has 1 SB.
Brett Favre has 1 SB.
Donovan McNabb has 0 SBs.

That's basically every HOF caliber QB that has played this century outside of Brady.

Newsflash: it's incredibly, incredibly difficult to get to and then win a SB. We all want another title before Ben retires but guess what? It most likely isn't going to happen. And if it does? It will be a huge, amazing accomplishment and will take a good amount of luck and good breaks along the way.

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:41 am 

A voice of reason, bravo TB!

I know many people shudder when they think of what life will be like without Ben. All I hear is about the dark times between Bradshaw and Ben, but you want to know something? There are many teams that would love to have those dark times.

Okay, what was it, 21 years between Terry and Ben? But we still went to the AFC championship game 5 times, went to the Super Bowl 1 time, made the playoffs 11 times out of those 21 years, had 14 winning seasons out of those 21 years, in those 'dark times'. Do you know how many fans of other NFL teams would kill to just experience the success we had in our 'dark times' from 1983 to 2003?

We as Steeler fans are some of the most spoiled in any sport bar none.

It is entirely possible that Ben, Brown and Bell won't do anything this year and that who knows, maybe, 3 or 4 years from now it is Rudolph, Washington, JuJu, Samuels bringing home that 7th Lombardi trophy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:49 pm 

TB wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

We have 6 championships in 85 years of football. You might try setting proper expectations.

Oh, so sorry to have forgot my [sarca] tags.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:30 pm 

What kind of dummy puts his professional sports career in jeopardy because of some good looking woman? Oh Yeah... :P :lol:

Seriously, why does this matter? The only people that this even matters to are the fans and players of the Bucs. We care why? Slow offseason?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:01 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Oh, so sorry to have forgot my [sarca] tags.

Got me, thought you were being serious. :P

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:10 am 

TB wrote:

Aaron Rodgers has 1 SB.
Drew Brees has 1 SB.
Peyton Manning has 2 SBs, same as Ben.
Philip Rivers has 0 SBs.
Tony Romo has 0 SBs.
Russell Wilson has 1 SB.
Steve McNair has 0 SBs.
Kurt Warner has 1 SB.
Brett Favre has 1 SB.
Donovan McNabb has 0 SBs.

That's basically every HOF caliber QB that has played this century outside of Brady.

In what alternate reality is Donovan "you can have ties in overtime?" McNabb considered a HOF caliber QB?

Last edited by StillMadAtSlobber on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:23 am 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
In what altered reality is Donovan "you can have ties in overtime?" considered A HOF caliber QB?

The same one where McNair is considered a HOF caliber QB?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:11 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
In what altered reality is Donovan "you can have ties in overtime?" considered A HOF caliber QB?

The same one where McNair is considered a HOF caliber QB?

OK, then substitute Warren Moon. If you want a more recent QB, go with Matt Ryan. The point remains the same.

TB would have had an easier time going with all time QB's who have more rings than Ben:
- Bradshaw
- Montana
- Aikman
- Brady

That's it.