It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 967
I disagree with Foster completely. If Bell wants to hold out, that is his prerogative. However, he should be sure he comes back in the best shape of his life! I know that much of his slow start was due to no touches of the ball, so Tomlin needs to get his head out of his ass and get other backs on the field as they have had the touches to make the Steelers more successful. Our first 5 games are brutally important, and Lev is going to screw this team if Tomlin doesn't handle him right. Slowly work him in to get acclimated. Why should all of the other players have to bend over and "give more", so that piece of shit can lollygag it and cost his team. Just maybe, the young kids will display their skills enough that the Steelers will work on saying bye bye once the season begins. I honestly wouldn't care if they just outright cut his ass and got nothing in return! Good-fucking-riddance...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 3858
I do not care if Bell holds out or not.

More reps for the young guys especially Samuels (hopefully) if Bell is out which could be more beneficial in the long run.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 2013
alancac98 wrote:
I disagree with Foster completely. If Bell wants to hold out, that is his prerogative. However, he should be sure he comes back in the best shape of his life! I know that much of his slow start was due to no touches of the ball, so Tomlin needs to get his head out of his ass and get other backs on the field as they have had the touches to make the Steelers more successful. Our first 5 games are brutally important, and Lev is going to screw this team if Tomlin doesn't handle him right. Slowly work him in to get acclimated. Why should all of the other players have to bend over and "give more", so that piece of shit can lollygag it and cost his team. Just maybe, the young kids will display their skills enough that the Steelers will work on saying bye bye once the season begins. I honestly wouldn't care if they just outright cut his ass and got nothing in return! Good-fucking-riddance...


Tomlin pullIing his head out and doing anything other what he has put on tape ain't gonna happen
Fat and happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 724
stillthere wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Hmmmm.....seems kind of like he's saying it's ok to give less than 110% when Bell is rolling.

That maybe is an attitude I've felt the team (and coaches) have had a long time - the stars will carry us, so I can skate by with less effort.


That makes me wanna puke in my mouth a little.


lol

It seems kind of like he's saying their franchise RB is holding out, so they really need to pick it up and pull out all the stops to win games while he's getting back into the swing of things.

God do you guys just read articles and think of ways to twist them into being something negative?

Do you also give 110% during every waking minute at your job?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 10421
Laying the Wood wrote:
Do you also give 110% during every waking minute at your job?


I work more than 16 days a year for a lot less money.

I don't know how we're twisting or spinning it into something negative. Foster literally said they've got to raise their game if Bell struggles. How does anyone argue that is not symptomatic of a team that takes weeks off and routinely plays down to its competition?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4331
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Two things:

1) I am currently not giving 110% at my job. I am giving 110% to disproving a reddit Westworld theory, which I am crushing it at.

2) NFL players work way more than 16 days a year. In fact, Ray Lewis pretty famously said that those were the days he gave you for free.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1196
The Bell situation is going to be real fucking ugly.

I fully expect he holds out until week 10...If he was my client I would advise him to hold out to week 10. Any money he loses this season I believe he will recoup during free agency 2019(Less miles on his body)/ He drops another level in the NFLDP(Drug program)

If he holds out until week 10 the Steelers should place the transition tag on him next season...Let the market determine his worth.

With several backs looking for extensions after this season I think Bell is going to be real surprised at his lack of value

I honestly believe no NFL team will break 11 million dollars annually for a back...I don't think any NFL team will break 10 million annually for Bell

_________________
Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 6896
Laying the Wood wrote:
stillthere wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Hmmmm.....seems kind of like he's saying it's ok to give less than 110% when Bell is rolling.

That maybe is an attitude I've felt the team (and coaches) have had a long time - the stars will carry us, so I can skate by with less effort.


That makes me wanna puke in my mouth a little.



God do you guys just read articles and think of ways to twist them into being something negative?


That is my impression.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 6896
Kodiak wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
Do you also give 110% during every waking minute at your job?


I work more than 16 days a year for a lot less money.

I don't know how we're twisting or spinning it into something negative. Foster literally said they've got to raise their game if Bell struggles. How does anyone argue that is not symptomatic of a team that takes weeks off and routinely plays down to its competition?

So you're not counting OTA's, mini-camp, training camp, all days of practice during the season, preseason games, playoff games then? Okay.

This really doesn't sound any different than if Sidney Crosby goes out with an injury and the rest of the Pens say "well, now we need to really pick up our game while he's out." There really doesn't have to be a negative connotation to the comment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Foster team has to ‘give more’ if Bell holds out
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1669
FC wrote:
The Bell situation is going to be real fucking ugly.

I fully expect he holds out until week 10...If he was my client I would advise him to hold out to week 10. Any money he loses this season I believe he will recoup during free agency 2019(Less miles on his body)/ He drops another level in the NFLDP(Drug program)

If he holds out until week 10 the Steelers should place the transition tag on him next season...Let the market determine his worth.

With several backs looking for extensions after this season I think Bell is going to be real surprised at his lack of value

I honestly believe no NFL team will break 11 million dollars annually for a back...I don't think any NFL team will break 10 million annually for Bell


I think Colbert and the Steelers handled this about as poorly as they could. Putting the exclusive tag on him, holding all the rights, how did that work out for them? It didn't, it was a monumental disaster. If they had put the non-exclusive tag on Bell, then Bell and his agent could have shopped his services, they would have seen what other teams were offering, perhaps signed an offer sheet and the Steelers could have matched it. Or the Steelers could have worked out a trade. But the way it worked out, Bell will have waited until the very last second to sign his tender, two years in a row, effectively eliminating any opportunity for a trade.

I bet Bell secretly is hoping that the Steelers franchise him a 3rd year in a row. It would be 144% of last year's 14.544 million, so we are talking almost $21 million to tag him a 3rd time. At that point the Steelers will have paid him almost $48 million over 3 years. Enough of that, they need to get off this merry go round.

If only they had drafted Guice, we wouldn't be going through all of this.

_________________
We have got to come up with a better name for 'sub package defense'!! Any ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], seabs926 and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group