It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: JuJu has found his dream girl!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:40 am 

Ice wrote:
Let's not forget he knocked Barfict into next Tuesday. That might be better than Hines breaking Keith Rivers' jaw.

Yeah. I like receivers who can and will block. I love receivers who LIKE contact (although you can count them on one hand). And I LO-O-OVE a receiver who gets giggly over taking out Berflict—and who falls in love with cartoon superheroes. What’s not to love about Juju. On the field. Off the field. In the end zone after touchdowns. This kid is a 6'3" stack of good publicity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:41 am 

TB wrote:
You just proved my point for me. You talk about personalities in the NFL and the second name you bring up is a 82 year old coach that has been retired for decades. :lol: Can you name anyone from this century? :lol:

Rob Gronkowski, Von Miller, Antonio Brown, Tom Brady, Travis Kelce, JJ Watt, Odell Beckham, Leveon Bell,

TB wrote:
And you talk about how you think Adam Silver is odd, but he is the best commissioner in pro sports. Easily. And the NBA is killing it and is on a huge upswing. Ratings, attendance, merchandise... has never been better. And their grabbing the younger audience too. Average age of a NFL fan is over 50 now. Oof.

You mentioned this in another thread, and it is 100% incorrect. The NBA had been cratering over the past few years, and ratings hit an all time low in 2017. Even with the surge in the current season, the NBA is still below where it was 5 years ago, and it is still only around half of what it was in the late 1990s

Yes, the 2018 was a great season for the NBA, but they are nowhere near "never been better". Also, the average age of NBA fans has always trended younger than other sports.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:14 pm 

Given the propensity of some of our players to generate heavy, sometimes negative PR at some points during a season, it's a huge positive to have a fun-loving goofball that can really play on this team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:41 pm 

Ice wrote:
Juju might already be my favorite Steeler.

Same. Shazier, Watt, Juju in no particular order.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:00 pm 

AF Stiller Fan wrote:
Ice wrote:
Juju might already be my favorite Steeler.

Same. Shazier, Watt, Juju in no particular order.

Definitely Ryan. Little sad I forgot about him in that way already.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 pm 

Fair point that the 90s with Jordan were a high water mark with the NBA, but the league under Silver is thriving. Forbes makes the argument that this past season may have been the most successful the league has ever had: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2018/04/25/the-2017-18-season-was-great-for-the-nba/ Acting like the NBA is "cratering" is completely off base. The league is dynamite right now.

Tom Brady is example A of what Goodell's NFL is about. Always PC. Always says the right b.s. Beckham, Bell, and Gronk are vilified proving my point as well. If you step out of line in the NFL you're a selfish monster.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 pm 

Beckham, Bell and Gronkowski are three of the league's most popular players.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:34 pm 

Good for JuJu if he has. As really like the kid so far!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:46 pm 

TB wrote:
Fair point that the 90s with Jordan were a high water mark with the NBA, but the league under Silver is thriving. Forbes makes the argument that this past season may have been the most successful the league has ever had: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2018/04/25/the-2017-18-season-was-great-for-the-nba/ Acting like the NBA is "cratering" is completely off base. The league is dynamite right now.

Tom Brady is example A of what Goodell's NFL is about. Always PC. Always says the right b.s. Beckham, Bell, and Gronk are vilified proving my point as well. If you step out of line in the NFL you're a selfish monster.

Beckham and Bell are vilified for acting like and or speaking like dumbasses.

There are plenty of nba players over the years who have caught serious heat for being dumbasses including from their own teammates, coaches, and opposing players.

Many pro athletes are in their 20's and occasionally younger so as a group we should not expect much different. Many of them mature over time.

It's not as much about where you start, but where you finish.

Last edited by Havoc on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 pm 

Juju makes it work because he’s sincere and truthfully a funny dude.

That pic of wearing his helmet watching the game when he was suspended is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen any athlete do.

Juju has like a thousand more up his sleve you can just tell