It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JuJu has found his dream girl!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:51 pm 

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-juju-smith-schuster-thinks-hes-found-dream-girl-theres-problem-152423860.html

That kid is going to be loved by Pittsburgh sports fans more than Hines was - maybe more than Heath was.

Post subject: Re: JuJu has found his dream girl!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:05 pm 

The fans will turn on him at some point, and probably soon. You can't be an extrovert and have a personality in the NFL. It's like a complete bizarro world compared to the NBA.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:31 pm 

Bizarro world or not your world?

So Favre, Madden, Gruden did not/don't have personalities? Ray Lewis? Deion Sanders?

I have always thought Adam Silver odd and out of place. Thought so the very first time David Stern unveiled him during an NBA draft years ago while Stern was still commissioner. Always wondered what the connection was but never bothered to research it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:53 pm 

TB wrote:
The fans will turn on him at some point, and probably soon. You can't be an extrovert and have a personality in the NFL. It's like a complete bizarro world compared to the NBA.

On the contrary...while JuJu is an extrovert, his outgoing personality is mostly quirky and endearing...traits which, as long as he’s successful, fans will absolutely love.

C’mon...there’s a difference between tweeting about being in love with Elastigirl and one talking about all the TV shows one is on.

Of course, if he’s not successful, then people will simply think he’s weird and nerdy, instead of cool and nerdy.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Last edited by Jeemie on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:43 pm 

Havoc wrote:
So Favre, Madden, Gruden did not/don't have personalities? Ray Lewis? Deion Sanders?

NFL marketing has a lot to do with it, as well. They tell ESPN and all the other talking heads if a player is a Hero or a Heel, and then general fan perception just kind of follows.

Fans generally don't like the "look at me....ME ME ME ME" types....Ocho, TO, etc. Only guys who can pull that off successfully are Ali and Deion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Bizarro world or not your world?

I have always thought Adam Silver odd and out of place. Thought so the very first time David Stern unveiled him during an NBA draft years ago while Stern was still commissioner. Always wondered what the connection was but never bothered to research it.

You just proved my point for me. You talk about personalities in the NFL and the second name you bring up is a 82 year old coach that has been retired for decades. :lol: Can you name anyone from this century? :lol:

They don't call it the "No Fun League" for nothing. I'm not talking about the early 2000s when the league was entertaining and fun before Goodell stepped in, I'm talking about Roger Goodell's NFL. If you step out of line in the NFL you are criticized and ostracized. Before the NBA Finals were over Lebron James, the biggest superstar in the NBA, said that neither the Warriors or Cavs would go to the White House if invited. This was a story for about a day in the NBA, didn't even cause a blip. In the NFL? If Ben Roethlisberger said that? They would have fans picketing outside of Heinz, it would be national news for weeks. Player like Joel Embiid and Russell Westbrook are celebrated in the NBA. Guys who have a unique fashion sense, put out their personalities on social media, these are all good things in the NBA. In the NFL? :lol: yeah okay. Not a chance in hell. Juju is about as close as you can get and the minute he asks for more money the fans will turn on him with a quickness. He'll just be another "selfish" WR, me-first, not a true team player, a distraction, blah blah blah.

And you talk about how you think Adam Silver is odd, but he is the best commissioner in pro sports. Easily. And the NBA is killing it and is on a huge upswing. Ratings, attendance, merchandise... has never been better. And their grabbing the younger audience too. Average age of a NFL fan is over 50 now. Oof.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:11 pm 

I'm no fan of Goodell's corporate NFL. At all.

I thought they did away with the no fun league last season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:33 pm 

Juju might already be my favorite Steeler.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:01 pm 

One could argue there was more personality shown on nfl football fields last year than in NBA arenas this season.

There are strict rules in the nba regarding on court behavior.

As I already stated, I'm no fan of Goodell's corporate NFL.

Last edited by Havoc on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:15 pm 

Let's not forget he knocked Barfict into next Tuesday. That might be better than Hines breaking Keith Rivers' jaw.