It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryant could possibly be suspended yet again
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:02 am 

Gruden disappointed in Bryant:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders-nfl/raiders/jon-gruden-dissatisfied-in-play-of-raiders-wr-martavis-bryant/

Missing practices due to “illnesses,” not learning the offense... can Martavis ever get a break? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:08 am 

TB wrote:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders-nfl/raiders/jon-gruden-dissatisfied-in-play-of-raiders-wr-martavis-bryant/

Missing practices due to “illnesses,” not learning the offense... can Martavis ever get a break? :lol:

I'll assume the sarcafont for that last bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:25 am 

Sounds a lot like what was going on here, I cannot believe we got a 3rd Round Pick for that guy.

FUCK THE NFL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:55 am 

You can’t fix stupid...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:30 pm 

TB wrote:
Missing practices due to “illnesses,”

I always assumed that was PC for "meeting with counselor". But if he was just calling off sick all those times, that's a big WOW. Sounds like he keeps pulling that stuff Gruden might cut him.

So PIT was actually tolerating all that shit, even while he's not hardly contributing....which again brings me back to "just how bad WAS James Harrison?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:50 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
TB wrote:
Missing practices due to “illnesses,”

I always assumed that was PC for "meeting with counselor". But if he was just calling off sick all those times, that's a big WOW. Sounds like he keeps pulling that stuff Gruden might cut him.

So PIT was actually tolerating all that shit, even while he's not hardly contributing....which again brings me back to "just how bad WAS James Harrison?"

That is a great point. I think behind the scenes last year this team put up with a lot of shit from him just because he was a vet and Steelers legend. Have to imagine the locker room is in a much better place with Harrison and Bryant gone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:50 pm 

Yeah, I think pretty much everyone has been in a workplace situation and you have one or two coworkers that just suck the life and joy out of everything. To the point where it makes the work environment a miserable place to be and having to deal with that day to day grinds on you.

I have had to work with some of these malcontents and when they finally got the boot, parties with cake and celebrations were held afterwards, it was that bad. I am not saying it was that bad with the Steelers but some of the comments from Dupree and others sure made it seem that way.

I am hoping that maybe with the exit of Bryant and Harrison and the coaching changes from Mitchell and Lake to Dunbar and Bradley, from Haley to Fitchner, that there is a true change happening within the culture of the team. Even them cutting Mike Mitchell with one year left on his contract was big to me. Him being a team leader and trusted vet and losing his mind and trolling the Jax players an hour before the playoff game outside their locker room, that to me is another example of a player having a negative influence on this team. When that happened I knew they had to cut him, move on from him.

I think there is always this perception that a team only gets better by adding new high draft picks, or signing new expensive free agents but I believe the greatest impact is knowing when to subtract players, subtract coaches that are hurting your team. Addition by subtraction is a very real, tangible thing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:27 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Yeah, I think pretty much everyone has been in a workplace situation and you have one or two coworkers that just suck the life and joy out of everything. To the point where it makes the work environment a miserable place to be and having to deal with that day to day grinds on you.

I have had to work with some of these malcontents and when they finally got the boot, parties with cake and celebrations were held afterwards, it was that bad. I am not saying it was that bad with the Steelers but some of the comments from Dupree and others sure made it seem that way.

I am hoping that maybe with the exit of Bryant and Harrison and the coaching changes from Mitchell and Lake to Dunbar and Bradley, from Haley to Fitchner, that there is a true change happening within the culture of the team. Even them cutting Mike Mitchell with one year left on his contract was big to me. Him being a team leader and trusted vet and losing his mind and trolling the Jax players an hour before the playoff game outside their locker room, that to me is another example of a player having a negative influence on this team. When that happened I knew they had to cut him, move on from him.

I think there is always this perception that a team only gets better by adding new high draft picks, or signing new expensive free agents but I believe the greatest impact is knowing when to subtract players, subtract coaches that are hurting your team. Addition by subtraction is a very real, tangible thing.

Plus our injuries will go down without him on the roster. How many times did he lower his helmet for the "big hit" and hurt our own players?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:39 am 

Scunge wrote:

But but but... the Steelers never do anything to address the distractions and drama!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:28 am 

TB wrote:

I'm not sure, but he should definitely complain about this mistreatment to the media. That should really endear himself to the coaches

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next