It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trib article on OLBs switching sides
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:52 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
So simply switching OLB's to opposite sides is the answer? If it's that easy why not try it in the playoff game where they got their asses handed to them?

"We had a rookie and another guy who hadn't been in the league very long," Butler said. "We didn't think it was a good idea halfway through the season to switch them because we weren't being unsuccessful in terms of winning games."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:56 pm 

Awesome. I read what he said. Whoever buys that shit buys the regurgitated bullshit from every Tomlin post game interview.... :lol:

I know officially this off season isn't any longer than off season's in the past but it seems like there is just nothing doing. Bryant is the only hot spot. Thank God he's on another team. Wish Bell would pull his head out of his ass and just agree to something to get his butt in camp.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:18 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Quarterback Mason Rudolph lived up to their expectations and then some. He has performed better as a rookie than any other quarterback they’ve drafted since Ben Roethlisberger, and they think he can compete in training camp to become his backup.

• Another rookie who made a big impression this spring is hybrid halfback Jaylen Samuels, aka Le’Veon Bell Jr. The Steelers drafted him in the fifth round from North Carolina State, where he did all the things Bell does for the Steelers — halfback, split wide, wildcat quarterback, even H-back. http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1806140150

I hope Bell continues to be a dumbfuck leading to this being his last year here.

More from the article

Quote:
And the coaches have him doing all the things this spring to mimic Bell, and doing many of them well.

Quote:
New receivers coach Darryl Drake was equally as impressed with Samuels’ ability to play that position.

“He’s been mostly with the running backs,” Drake said. “He’s a hybrid guy who can move around and do some things. I like his skill set. He has an ability to run good routes, body positioning, catching the ball. There is a definite fit. There is a definite place for him.

On Rudolph...

Looks like Scunge's prediction of Rudolph at #2 has a real chance to happen.

More from the article

Quote:
As with all their rookies, Rudolph will continue his workouts at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex through next Wednesday, then head home to South Carolina to work out.

“I’m going to stay in my own world. I’ll blow up the offensive staff’s cell phones. Hopefully they pick up while they’re on vacation.”

Gotta like the attitude

Gotta love The Drake.