It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dupy says he can deliver double digit sacks this season
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:19 pm 

Steeledge wrote:
Rocky Mtn Stiller wrote:
Ice wrote:
Porter may have fallen out of favor as a coach, but he was a pretty damn good olb on this team, and definitely a leader and tone setter on a team that won Lombardi number 5. Comparing him to a first round bust is recently biased and kind of insulting to the player.

Who fills that role as tone setter now? it was Deebo and JPeezy and Lloyd before that. I think the job is open.

Mr. Watt, your time has come.

Doopee, with luck, might ride in his wake, but that's about as much as can be expected at this point...

Well, that's too bad, because Watt really fell off the table last year in terms of pass rushing. He's just as much a question mark in that area as Dupree. Watt has been outstanding in coverage, though. Could we see Watt at Mack on some first downs or in dime?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:45 pm 

.... may have fallen out of favor as a coach, but he was a pretty damn good olb on this team, and definitely a leader and tone setter on a team that won Lombardi number 5. Comparing him to a first round bust is recently biased and kind of insulting to the player.[/quote]

Who fills that role as tone setter now? it was Deebo and JPeezy and Lloyd before that. I think the job is open.[/quote]

Doopee, with luck, might ride in his wake, but that's about as much as can be expected at this point...[/quote]
Well, that's too bad, because Watt really fell off the table last year in terms of pass rushing. He's just as much a question mark in that area as Dupree. Watt has been outstanding in coverage, though. Could we see Watt at Mack on some first downs or in dime?[/quote]

B2B: was wondering yours and ithers’ Opinion on Watt. Dupree switching sides? Good thing. Fit either player better? Wait and see at this point?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:59 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
B2B: was wondering yours and ithers’ Opinion on Watt. Dupree switching sides? Good thing. Fit either player better? Wait and see at this point?

I'm in favor, for the moment, because I've thought from the beginning that Dupree a better fit on on defensive right side and I think it will also mean more man coverage (Watt on some TEs).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I'm in favor, for the moment, because I've thought from the beginning that Dupree a better fit on left side and I think it will also mean more man coverage (Watt on some TEs).

You mean right side?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:42 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
.... may have fallen out of favor as a coach, but he was a pretty damn good olb on this team, and definitely a leader and tone setter on a team that won Lombardi number 5. Comparing him to a first round bust is recently biased and kind of insulting to the player.

Who fills that role as tone setter now? it was Deebo and JPeezy and Lloyd before that. I think the job is open.

Doopee, with luck, might ride in his wake, but that's about as much as can be expected at this point...[/quote]
Well, that's too bad, because Watt really fell off the table last year in terms of pass rushing. He's just as much a question mark in that area as Dupree. Watt has been outstanding in coverage, though. Could we see Watt at Mack on some first downs or in dime?[/quote

B2B: was wondering yours and ithers’ Opinion on Watt. Dupree switching sides? Good thing. Fit either player better? Wait and see at this point?[/quote]
I'm in favor, for the moment, because I've thought from the beginning that Dupree a better fit on defensive right side and I think it will also mean more man coverage (Watt on some TEs).[/quote]

Ok. Right on man. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:35 pm 

Steelers need to find another OLB before the start of this season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:27 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Steelers need to find another OLB before the start of this season.

I think they like Adams and Huguenin A LOT. The guy on the outs is Chickillo. Add a guy off waivers for a camp competition and pick the best 3 backups.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:07 pm 

I agree on both guys Adams and Hugenin both are very raw and I also worry about lake of depth.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:27 pm 

Quote:
Bud Dupree has failed to live up to his draft billing so far. From 354 pass-rushing snaps in the 2017 regular season, he produced just 40 total pressures, and he has just 83 total pressures since he entered the league in 2015. http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1806270142
Hmmm....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Bud Dupree has failed to live up to his draft billing so far. From 354 pass-rushing snaps in the 2017 regular season, he produced just 40 total pressures, and he has just 83 total pressures since he entered the league in 2015. http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1806270142
Hmmm....

PFF had Artie Burns as a high quality player in 2017 and his performance was near the bottom of the NFL, adjusted for competition. They had Ben out of the elite category, and he played out of his mind the last 10 games of the season and wasn't as bad as advertised before that, even. That's all I have to say. IDK WTF they're looking at or how they're evaluating it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next