It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Arians On Ben
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 am 

Scunge wrote:
9 TDs and 18 FGs in 6 games.

This is telling. Haley was ps garbage.

Scunge wrote:
One thing that we have to get back to however, is that our offense has to strike first, build leads and help the defense out, put the defense in better position to play loose, play fast and play aggressive, that is how turnovers and big plays happen.

Mike Tomlin has a chance to go down in Steelers lore as a great HC if he plays this right. He has a chance to go down in history as a HC who played it smart early in his career riding the machine already in place and built to win via "style points don't matter" but who adjusted when his team was built for (potentially) high powered offense plus a defense that (hopefully) does "enough".

If Tomlin does not adjust to the roster as (potentially) currently constructed, I would likely view him forever as among the dumb coaches I have seen in sports. I am hoping hoping hoping that will not be the case.

Post subject: Re: Arians On Ben
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 pm 

marino should have been a steeler except for team stupidy..
I don't think marino was underrated..he got lots of praise. I think he just underachieved in playoffs.. I think what made marino so amazing was he was the ulitimate-perfect qb model at time and his arm and amazingly fast release were god like.. he was a fav off mine since pitt days and I was sick for decades steelers did not draft him..i recall vividly the draft and how shocked I was dan was still on board for steelers. please pic marino please... I was sick.
.then our pic is mangled in wreck..salt in wound..
I loved and still love watching danny marino whip the ball around like magic. dude was unsackable cause he could wait till the pressure close and wing it 45 yards on a rope on target in blink of an eye..
iff steelers and noll had marino instead of fucking Malone and other bums no doubt another trophy or 2 would be in the case..
sorry for the topic straying but someone mentioned marino..loved the guy!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7