It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Block Numbers/Letters are Back?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:43 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
I think we should all chip in and get Nick a custom #69 YINZERROCKPOUNDINGORGASM jersey

I have a #7 Big Ben Batman jersey, I bought for $30 from some Chinese site, Just saying, they clearly cost themselves money on this one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:47 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
You must be dumb then. Most people have this jersey. I have 2 of them. If the goal is selling jerseys, I think they probably will sell less, if it's something many people already have. If the goal is to masturbate over '70s Yinzerdom, then sell less!

This is like the king having no clothes, Yinzers looking at this jersey IDENTICAL to the ones they wear now and acting like it's a big difference. In 1997 when they switched to the rounded numbers, I was really disappointed, not by the rounded numbers, but because I thought we where going to get different uniforms! Changing the number font doesn't make it a different jersey, it's exactly the same.

Poor Porky. Doesn't get his way about a stupid jersey so he rants and raves about it on a message board. Dude, you have some serious issues, especially with your orgasm visuals. Keep tgat creepy shit to yourself, Jabba.

I just like to make fun of stupid people like you, dumbasses who still, almost 50 years later, worship the 70s -get over it- and stupid superstitious people who think what jersey you wear has anything to do with winning, as if this 70s jersey will "help" because they won Super Bowls in it. They could wear pink jersey with lollipops on the helmet and win the Super Bowl if they have the talent. If you're getting a new jersey, then get an actual new jersey, they didn't do that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:54 pm 

In the end it's just a jersey! A marketing ploy by the NFL and another attempt to Make/Keep their product relevant. I am astonished at the banter back and forth about a damn jersey design. Regular season seems like light years away...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:38 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
In the end it's just a jersey! A marketing ploy by the NFL and another attempt to Make/Keep their product relevant. I am astonished at the banter back and forth about a damn jersey design. Regular season seems like light years away...

Go check out the anthem thread, SF.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 pm 

Been avoiding that like a disease dude. No thanks. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:53 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:

Been a long offseason already.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:26 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
I just like to make fun of stupid people like you, dumbasses who still, almost 50 years later, worship the 70s -get over it- and stupid superstitious people who think what jersey you wear has anything to do with winning, as if this 70s jersey will "help" because they won Super Bowls in it. They could wear pink jersey with lollipops on the helmet and win the Super Bowl if they have the talent. If you're getting a new jersey, then get an actual new jersey, they didn't do that.

I see you're still creating in imaginary friends like your "Typical Yinzer." People usually stop doing that sort of thing at age six unless they reside in a mental asylum. Which one are you posting from, Jabba, or is that confidential?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:27 pm 

Ice wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Been a long offseason already.

Because Tomlin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:41 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
You must be dumb then. Most people have this jersey. I have 2 of them. If the goal is selling jerseys, I think they probably will sell less, if it's something many people already have. If the goal is to masturbate over '70s Yinzerdom, then sell less!

This is like the king having no clothes, Yinzers looking at this jersey IDENTICAL to the ones they wear now and acting like it's a big difference. In 1997 when they switched to the rounded numbers, I was really disappointed, not by the rounded numbers, but because I thought we where going to get different uniforms! Changing the number font doesn't make it a different jersey, it's exactly the same.

Poor Porky. Doesn't get his way about a stupid jersey so he rants and raves about it on a message board. Dude, you have some serious issues, especially with your orgasm visuals. Keep tgat creepy shit to yourself, Jabba.

You always pull out this tired argument that the reason people want the 70's jersey back is because of worshipping the teams from the 70's. That may be true for some, but for me and others it's because THE 70'S JERSEYS LOOK BETTER!!!!!!!! Nothing to do with nostalgia!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:56 pm 

The aesthetic is better and it isn't just nostalgia. They wore that uni in the 80s too when they sucked except for a couple of years. The block letters are an homage to industrial stencil factory lettering and are just totally badass, and soft round numbers are clearly weaker and more feminized. The soy fanbase may prefer that, but they probably liked the last two Star Wars movies as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next