It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16322
"Great post as always Scunge. Ben has been slow to process his reads since the motorcycle accident which has resulted in many sacks from holding the ball too long."

Hey, how are things in 2009?

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11322
franco32 wrote:
I think your point about older QBs becoming more turnover prone is a good one. I recall many turning the ball over more late in their careers. Jim Kelly, Warren Moon...even Marino come to mind. I wonder if it is mental processing or reaction time or both that break down.


100% a decline in the arm and nothing to do with reading a defense or decision-making. Just don't have the quite the same velocity or accuracy, which results in a few more picks. Many of those legendary "wow" throws we've seen in Ben's career will start to be intercepted, and like Favre he will probably continue to believe he can still make those throws. Manning, on the other hand, knew what his arm could no longer do and simply didn't attempt those throws.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4695
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
bradshaw2ben wrote:
"Great post as always Scunge. Ben has been slow to process his reads since the motorcycle accident which has resulted in many sacks from holding the ball too long."

Hey, how are things in 2009?


Well, I mean, I'm barely getting over my post-Superbowl hangover and the Pens are in the Stanley Cup Final, so things are going pretty great. So glad we found a keeper for the next ten years in that Santonio Holmes and a great coach like Disco Dan Bylsma. What a damn catch, and what a breath of fresh air that guy is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4259
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
In somewhat related news, Aaron Rogers has joined the "I want to play into my 40s" club, on the record.

good for him-- if he plays another 6 years, he might get another 6 4th quarter comebacks and win another 24 road games.


And maybe another Super Bowl victory against the Tomlin-led Steelers.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16322
Obviously wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
In somewhat related news, Aaron Rogers has joined the "I want to play into my 40s" club, on the record.

good for him-- if he plays another 6 years, he might get another 6 4th quarter comebacks and win another 24 road games.


And maybe another Super Bowl victory against the Tomlin-led Steelers.

I thought the Steelers would never get to another Super Bowl with Tomlin?

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11322
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I thought the Steelers would never get to another Super Bowl with Tomlin?


Maybe he's sick or some other reason for missing the AFCC....but is back for the SB :D

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13530
My opinion..., Dobbs is outside looking in or on the bubble as they say. Sans any injury Dobbs either lands on the practice squad or another team entirely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4426
Ice wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
"Great post as always Scunge. Ben has been slow to process his reads since the motorcycle accident which has resulted in many sacks from holding the ball too long."

Hey, how are things in 2009?


Well, I mean, I'm barely getting over my post-Superbowl hangover and the Pens are in the Stanley Cup Final, so things are going pretty great. So glad we found a keeper for the next ten years in that Santonio Holmes and a great coach like Disco Dan Bylsma. What a damn catch, and what a breath of fresh air that guy is.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I admit 2009 was a great year


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4695
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
In my lifetime, the best in Pittsburgh sports. I wasn't around for 79, but I'm more of a hockey guy than a baseball guy anyway, by an Allegheny County mile, so I'd probably argue all time, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4259
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:

And maybe another Super Bowl victory against the Tomlin-led Steelers.

I thought the Steelers would never get to another Super Bowl with Tomlin?


When Belichick retires.

All bets are off though if they go up against the Jags.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 11322
Ben, in my opinion, is the greatest Steeler QB of all time but he had a sixth sense in regards to knowing where pass rushers were before the accident, that I don't believe is anywhere near as acute as it once was.

Roethlisberger literally seemed like he had eyes in the back of his head back then. Now? Not so much.

Luckily, our offensive line has improved enough that Ben's lack of pass rusher awareness if far less important than it used to be.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
Been checked to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4147
Ben is finally has a great OL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13530
I saw an article today where the what if/hypothetical was..., instead of keeping Dobbs to compete with Landry for the last roster spot they traded Dobbs to the Dolphins.

Quote:
NFL Mocks suggests that Manti Te’o could be the answer to this problem.
This could make a two player competition into a three. Even if Pittsburgh wants to keep Matakevich as the front-runner, they’ll have two veterans chasing behind. Meaning the chances of finding the best fight become even better. Something the Steelers need to happen.
https://stillcurtain.com/2018/06/03/nfl ... rade-2018/
{I had to laugh at that selection... :lol:} Anyway, Why not Raekwon McMillan? 8-)

Side Note: I would trade Dobbs and Matakevich for McMillian... when you look at their LB corps the phins cupboard is bare.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4147
ILB and OLB are very thin big issue still left to work out IMO . Very thin at a big spot for our defense .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4695
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Steelafan77 wrote:
I saw an article today where the what if/hypothetical was..., instead of keeping Dobbs to compete with Landry for the last roster spot they traded Dobbs to the Dolphins.

Quote:
NFL Mocks suggests that Manti Te’o could be the answer to this problem.
This could make a two player competition into a three. Even if Pittsburgh wants to keep Matakevich as the front-runner, they’ll have two veterans chasing behind. Meaning the chances of finding the best fight become even better. Something the Steelers need to happen.
https://stillcurtain.com/2018/06/03/nfl ... rade-2018/
{I had to laugh at that selection... :lol:} Anyway, Why not Raekwon McMillan? 8-)

Side Note: I would trade Dobbs and Matakevich for McMillian... when you look at their LB corps the phins cupboard is bare.


I liked Raekwon a lot at tOSU.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13530
A sideline to sideline backer with some speed and elite athleticism. A trade like that would be considered "blockbuster" and certainly an upgrade at ILB for the Steelers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16322
Steelafan77 wrote:
I saw an article today where the what if/hypothetical was..., instead of keeping Dobbs to compete with Landry for the last roster spot they traded Dobbs to the Dolphins.

Quote:
NFL Mocks suggests that Manti Te’o could be the answer to this problem.
This could make a two player competition into a three. Even if Pittsburgh wants to keep Matakevich as the front-runner, they’ll have two veterans chasing behind. Meaning the chances of finding the best fight become even better. Something the Steelers need to happen.
https://stillcurtain.com/2018/06/03/nfl ... rade-2018/
{I had to laugh at that selection... :lol:} Anyway, Why not Raekwon McMillan? 8-)

Side Note: I would trade Dobbs and Matakevich for McMillian... when you look at their LB corps the phins cupboard is bare.

Does no one covering the NFL understand the difference between a Buck Mack and Mike-- and furthermore do even fewer understand that Bucks are passé and one of the least valuable positions in the NFL? If someone offered me a legit Mack for Vince Williams, I would take the deal...and I like Williams a lot and you know how I feel about Matakevich.

Buck LBs and RB who can't pass block have to be the two least valuable positions in the NFL.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group