It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Who gets cut: Laundry or Dobbs?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:48 pm 

Ben, in my opinion, is the greatest Steeler QB of all time but he had a sixth sense in regards to knowing where pass rushers were before the accident, that I don't believe is anywhere near as acute as it once was.

Roethlisberger literally seemed like he had eyes in the back of his head back then. Now? Not so much.

Luckily, our offensive line has improved enough that Ben's lack of pass rusher awareness if far less important than it used to be.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:55 pm 

Ben is finally has a great OL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:16 pm 

I saw an article today where the what if/hypothetical was..., instead of keeping Dobbs to compete with Landry for the last roster spot they traded Dobbs to the Dolphins.

Quote:
NFL Mocks suggests that Manti Te’o could be the answer to this problem.
This could make a two player competition into a three. Even if Pittsburgh wants to keep Matakevich as the front-runner, they’ll have two veterans chasing behind. Meaning the chances of finding the best fight become even better. Something the Steelers need to happen.
https://stillcurtain.com/2018/06/03/nfl ... rade-2018/
{I had to laugh at that selection... :lol:} Anyway, Why not Raekwon McMillan? 8-)

Side Note: I would trade Dobbs and Matakevich for McMillian... when you look at their LB corps the phins cupboard is bare.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:23 pm 

ILB and OLB are very thin big issue still left to work out IMO . Very thin at a big spot for our defense .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I saw an article today where the what if/hypothetical was..., instead of keeping Dobbs to compete with Landry for the last roster spot they traded Dobbs to the Dolphins.

Quote:
This could make a two player competition into a three. Even if Pittsburgh wants to keep Matakevich as the front-runner, they’ll have two veterans chasing behind. Meaning the chances of finding the best fight become even better. Something the Steelers need to happen.
{I had to laugh at that selection... :lol:} Anyway, Why not Raekwon McMillan? 8-)

Side Note: I would trade Dobbs and Matakevich for McMillian... when you look at their LB corps the phins cupboard is bare.

I liked Raekwon a lot at tOSU.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 pm 

A sideline to sideline backer with some speed and elite athleticism. A trade like that would be considered "blockbuster" and certainly an upgrade at ILB for the Steelers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:06 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:

Quote:

Does no one covering the NFL understand the difference between a Buck Mack and Mike-- and furthermore do even fewer understand that Bucks are passé and one of the least valuable positions in the NFL? If someone offered me a legit Mack for Vince Williams, I would take the deal...and I like Williams a lot and you know how I feel about Matakevich.

Buck LBs and RB who can't pass block have to be the two least valuable positions in the NFL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8