It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kendricks Released
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:55 pm 

Scunge wrote:
I don't believe that Kendricks is any better than Bostic. Philly had a lot of injuries last season at LB and that was really the only way he was going to see the field. They have been trying to get rid of him the past couple seasons, partly because of his salary, partly because they don't feel he is good enough.

Bostic is no slouch in terms of speed and athletic ability. Running a 4.61, that is right in the neighborhood of Genard Avery's 4.59, Matthew Thomas's 4.58, Tremaine Edmunds 4.54, just saying...

All this talk about Dirty Red being a starter that is just the typical bullshit we get from the Steelers every year in the offseason. They always make their newfound rookies and free agents earn their jobs, they just don't hand it to them on the first day of OTAs. I read where Justin Hunter was getting a lot of snaps over James Washington too, does that mean he will be the man to take Bryant's starting spot?

When the season starts it will be Bostic and Washington with those starting gigs.

I agree that Bostic (underrated) and Washington will both be good. I happen to think Kendricks would be little better than Bostic and Vince, and a whole lot better than Dirty Red or Fort. Folks were saying he was going to get paid $5-7M per year. I think Kendricks' field talent is superior and to think we could have had him on a one year rental for basically what Vince makes is well worth it....not to mention he only signed for $500k guaranteed! How do you not take a shot to see what he brings to the table for only $500k for the next 3-4 months? Crazy. Yet, a few years ago we gave $4.5M (all G$) to that lazy, no good bust, Justin Gilbert, just to look under his hood for a year and see there was no engine there. Some of the moves this team makes are real head scratchers at times. I would guess they never even actually contacted Kendricks to see what his demands were.

I will say, I think Bostic and Hunter (finally maturing - late bloomer) will be better than what people think. This year Hunter will grow more than he ever has in the NFL, under the wing of the solid family that is the PS.