It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kendricks Released
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:06 pm 

As someone who suffered an Achilles injury I would say don’t touch him with a 10’ pole.

Achilles Injury Study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28644678/

This article says Kendricks is coming back from an Achilles rupture:
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ContentGallery/Pros-and-cons-of-Pittsburgh-Steelers-signing-Mychal-Kendricks-118465138/#118465138_1

I see no other articles about an Achilles rupture only ankle surgery Kendricks.

Color me skeptiical.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:08 am 

Quote:
Steelers free agent LB target?

I know, Pittsburgh. You hate Mychal Kendricks. He ruined your viewing experience of a Penguins game in Philadelphia earlier this year on NBC.

But what if I told you he's a 27-year old linebacker who stands 6 feet tall, weighs 240 pounds, just started at inside linebacker for the Eagles in the Super Bowl and has now been released?

Is that something you might be interested in?

The Steelers should try to make this happen. The Steelers have only about $5.7 million in cap space . Kendricks may ask for more than that. He was slated to make $5.9 million with a cap hit of over $7.5 million in Philadelphia.

The Eagles released him because they found a cheaper option in Denver's Corey Nelson.

He's a little thicker than Ryan Shazier. But he's almost exactly the same size as Jon Bostic and appears to be a more accomplished version of him. Last season, Kendricks had 77 tackles and two sacks. He also broke up six passes, which is a plus.

At least one outlet says the Steelers would be a perfect landing spot for him. http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/t ... e-steelers

Agreed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:23 pm 

Signing a one year deal with the browns.
EDITED KENDRICKS SAYS NO DEAL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:27 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Signing a one year deal with the browns.
EDITED KENDRICKS SAYS NO DEAL

Well, rejection of Cleveland always a plus.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:33 pm 

Quote:
@christomasson
Mychal Kendricks on report he is signing with the Browns: 1/2: “No, it’s not accurate. I don’t know who the (bleep) said that. That (bleep) is (bleep). Whoever said that (bleep) is (bleep). That’s all I have to say, man. I’m not really talking to anybody else about it... https://twitter.com/christomasson/statu ... 4645237760

Typical crap-report trying to be the first to break the news made himself out to be a douchebag yet again. :lol:

Quote:
@MychalKendricks
Replying to @RapSheet
You will never have my respect https://twitter.com/MychalKendricks/sta ... 3300722691

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:47 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@christomasson
Mychal Kendricks on report he is signing with the Browns: 1/2: “No, it’s not accurate. I don’t know who the (bleep) said that. That (bleep) is (bleep). Whoever said that (bleep) is (bleep). That’s all I have to say, man. I’m not really talking to anybody else about it... https://twitter.com/christomasson/statu ... 4645237760

Typical crap-report trying to be the first to break the news made himself out to be a douchebag yet again. :lol:

Quote:
@MychalKendricks
Replying to @RapSheet
You will never have my respect https://twitter.com/MychalKendricks/sta ... 3300722691

Angry, profanity-laced rejection of even the idea of Cleveland. Even better.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:53 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Ice wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Shazier was horrible at 1 on 1 coverage until late 2016, early 2017. Just because you're an athlete doesn't mean you're good at coverage.

Huge Shazier fan (CFB affiliation as well as the job he was doing for the PS), but this is definitely true. Shazier was a young, ascending, improving player. His best ball was ahead of him. He definitely needed to learn a LOT coming into the league, and had only recently begun to really hit his stride. Can 27-year old Kendricks make similar strides before injury and/or Father Time takes that speed from him? Maybe. Do you want to pay as much as he's going to ask to see that hole card?

True, but what's the saying? You can't teach speed. Dirty Red may be great at knowing how to cover, but knowing how won't stop a 4.6/40 TE from blowing by him. If you have the speed first, you can/should be coached up, much like Shazier was recently showing. My guess is the market will bear somewhere in the $3-5m/per for Kendricks' services.

Mychal Kendricks signed a 1 year, $3,500,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $500,000 signing bonus and $500,000 guaranteed. :lol:

Shame, we could've probably made that work too....but, you know, our coaches have to give Dirty Red his chance to start...because, you know, he's earned it! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:23 pm 

I don't believe that Kendricks is any better than Bostic. Philly had a lot of injuries last season at LB and that was really the only way he was going to see the field. They have been trying to get rid of him the past couple seasons, partly because of his salary, partly because they don't feel he is good enough.

Bostic is no slouch in terms of speed and athletic ability. Running a 4.61, that is right in the neighborhood of Genard Avery's 4.59, Matthew Thomas's 4.58, Tremaine Edmunds 4.54, just saying...

All this talk about Dirty Red being a starter that is just the typical bullshit we get from the Steelers every year in the offseason. They always make their newfound rookies and free agents earn their jobs, they just don't hand it to them on the first day of OTAs. I read where Justin Hunter was getting a lot of snaps over James Washington too, does that mean he will be the man to take Bryant's starting spot?

When the season starts it will be Bostic and Washington with those starting gigs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 pm 

Washington is definitely advanced enough coming out to learn and handle Bryant's responsibilities.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:18 am 

I've also read something similar Ice. In fact there was an article claiming Hunter was blowing up OTA's and he was the next man up fit for Bryant's spot. Then someone reminded the author of the article this is nothing new for Hunter. Since he's been in the NFL he has done exceptional in practices but when the real bullets start flying Hunter is MIA. I hope Washington takes the league by surprise like Smith-Schuster did and Smith-Schuster continues on his epic rise as a NFL WR. SBI. 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next