It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Safety Platoon
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:12 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Exactly B2B, why I stated the ST's comment.

Yeah, I think he's the annual pick given to STs.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:39 pm 

I have to believe Keion Adams, Tyler Matakevich, Matthew Thomas, Olasunkanmi Adeniyi, Nat Berhe, Marcus Allen, Jamar Summers, Brian Allen, Damoun Patterson, Quadree Henderson and Jaylen Samuels are all gonna play ST's and beast out at it.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:59 pm 

I'll be shocked if Adeniyi or Henderson make the team.

But I do think STs is going to be fully loaded this year.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:50 pm 

What is depressing, is that we do indeed have a lot of great young, DEFENSIVE, talent that would be great on special teams this year but...

... the Steelers will probably keep at least one of those players inactive so that Darius Hayward-Bey can get a helmet on Sunday.

Brian Allen should not be inactive for Bey.

Matthew Thomas should not be inactive for Bey.

Whoever our 6th D-linemen ends up being, Frazier/Gilmore etc, if somebody does emerge that is a quality run stuffer, should not be inactive for Bey.

If you give me 3 wishes, one of those wishes is that we cut Bey. You save $1.2 million and you give one of those younger players a chance to develop, sometimes a vet can impede progress, special teams can be a way for a young player/rookie to gain confidence and get acclimated to the NFL game faster. Bey is just in the way and is not head and shoulders above say a Brian Allen. Allen can do what Bey can do and can help on defense. Cam Sutton can do what Bey can do and actually be a return man and help on defense.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:21 pm 

Scunge wrote:
What is depressing, is that we do indeed have a lot of great young, DEFENSIVE, talent that would be great on special teams this year but...

... the Steelers will probably keep at least one of those players inactive so that Darius Hayward-Bey can get a helmet on Sunday.

Brian Allen should not be inactive for Bey.

Matthew Thomas should not be inactive for Bey.

Whoever our 6th D-linemen ends up being, Frazier/Gilmore etc, if somebody does emerge that is a quality run stuffer, should not be inactive for Bey.

If you give me 3 wishes, one of those wishes is that we cut Bey. You save $1.2 million and you give one of those younger players a chance to develop, sometimes a vet can impede progress, special teams can be a way for a young player/rookie to gain confidence and get acclimated to the NFL game faster. Bey is just in the way and is not head and shoulders above say a Brian Allen. Allen can do what Bey can do and can help on defense. Cam Sutton can do what Bey can do and actually be a return man and help on defense.

If Marcus Allen can replace DHB that would be a success. Brian Allen is already one of the better gunners.