It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What a Reach in the Draft Looks Like - Labriola
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm 

By the way, I think the assessment of this class of QBs as being comparable to 2004 is ludicrous. Even if Rudolph turns out to be a quality starter, I don't see three HOF type QBs in this draft class.

Next year might be an entirely different story-- I think it will be the best QB class we've had in a while.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
By the way, I think the assessment of this class of QBs as being comparable to 2004 is ludicrous. Even if Rudolph turns out to be a quality starter, I don't see three HOF type QBs in this draft class.

Next year might be an entirely different story-- I think it will be the best QB class we've had in a while.

Agreed. I thought before the draft it was closer to 1999 than 2004. I didn't like any of the top guys, tried to talk myself into Rosen despite his warts, hated Jackson from day one. I honestly think Rudolph could end up the best of the bunch.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:19 pm 

TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Agreed. I thought before the draft it was closer to 1999 than 2004. I didn't like any of the top guys, tried to talk myself into Rosen despite his warts, hated Jackson from day one. I honestly think Rudolph could end up the best of the bunch.

100% agreed - I wouldn't be surprised by that at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:05 am 

TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

He will have the least pressure on him to be forced into the lineup of any of the QBs taken in the class, and will likely have the best offensive supporting cast of any of them once he gets into a game. Neither of those things hurt.