It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ticketmaster waiting list scramble
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:18 pm 

Quote:
I fucking hate the real estate industry. Big scam. It's not rocket surgery, but they make it sound like it is. It's all about exposure, and they have a monopoly on it. And we all just accept it like sheep.

The middle man is part and parcel to capitalism and the american DNA.

Ah the Cor-Ten capitalism dig.

The amount of irony in your post is quite funny.

First, let’s break down this “hate” of the real estate industry. Seems odd to have such strong feelings towards an industry such as that. While I agree it isn’t “rocket science”, there are still many steps and a good realtor does make things go more smoothly. You are paying for a service. The value of that service can be debated. I don’t like paying anymore than you do but can at least recognize there is some value add to what they provide.

Ended up in a situation a few years ago where I needed to sell my home quickly. Found a realator and told her I don’t need top dollar as much as I need first dollar. Get me an offer.

She told me the stuff she wanted done to the house, gave me a couple weeks to take care of it then held an open house. Got an offer and sold home that weekend. She was invaluable to me and my situation at the time. Now at this point I don’t recall if I paid her 4, 5, or 6%. Didn’t like paying it but the value she provided offset it for me.

And about a year and a half later I used her again. This time as the buyer rather than seller. And I didn’t have to pay her a dime and used far more of her time than I did when she was selling for me.

So if I had to pay say 5% as the seller but nothing as the buyer it really works out to be a 2.5% commission each way. Now whether that is still too high or not is open for debate but it brings things in more perspective.

You can negaotiate a realator down to say 3%. So you are now at 1.5% for their service each way.

Is that still high enough for you to “hate” the industry so strongly?

Did a realator screw you over once?

Otherwise, how often does the average person really need their services? A small handful of times in their lives? For some maybe only twice? Others 4-5?

A service you are still completely free to choose not to use yet you still hate so much?

And yet on the other hand you strongly support the policy of further taxation on any and all income EARNED by people with next to zero accountability for who, what, where, how, and how much they spend it on.

Worse still, they are in your pocket each and every time money hits that pocket. Matter of fact, they have such a nice gig the system allows them to be first in line. They get our money before we do.

But you no care. Thank you sir may I have another.

All the while “fucking hating” realtors. Someone who might get in your pocket but only a few times over a lifetime.

That’s the irony I find a bit amusing. I’m no different than you or anyone else in terms of having to pay for stuff that just gets more and more expensive. The difference between us however is that I see who the bigger thief is.

You are worried about the boogeyman taking a few bucks out of your wallet all the while ignoring the one draining your bank account.

I’ve paid the powers that be more in taxes already this year than I paid in commission to my realtor. I’m all square with her. Still got a lifetime of servitude to the other.

Maybe we should just eliminate the real estate industry. Never mind the job loss. Just fill out a few government mandated forms and your house can be sold. Pay us the fee instead and we will rid you of those evil realtors stealing from you.

But then, we could play that game all day. With essentially any industry.

What you are left with is one big player left in town. And guess who that one player is?

I’m sure visions of utopia are now dancing in your head...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:07 pm 

First of all, I only saw your response because I logged out. I have you blocked. Do you have reading comprehension issues? Where did I say government control of real estate is desired? I won’t bother to repeat what you plainly didn’t understand in the first place. As I’ve said before, just put me on your ignore list. You won’t get your panties in a twist at the mere mention of capitalism and its problems.

And I challenge you to cite a single post of mine where I promote or support "more taxes” on earned income. You made that up based on a fabricated conservative liberal stereotype. Further, you like to paint everybody with the same brush if they express a single liberal idea or criticize your beloved country and/ or its artificial economic caste system. Generalize much? Or more accurately, you seem to have a man crush on me, as you can’t let anything critical I say go without trying to dispute it and insult me.

The rest of your post was just drivel. Respond with another three post wall of stupidity if you like. I won’t be reading it.

Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:21 pm 

Quote:
And I challenge you to cite a single post of mine where I promote or support "more taxes” on earned income

It’s your support of those that champion it. Duh.

It’s also your anti-capitalism rants that have no place here.

I post what I do to point out some I the flaws in your own logic.

IE I hate an industry that only takes from me IF I allow them to and at my own negotiates price vs being in support of those that want to take even more of your hard earned dollars with no checks & balances.

You are looking out for one wolf that will eat one chicken all the while allowing the rest of the pack into your hen house.

That is all. I’ve made the point I wanted to make withbyou.

Lastly, your contempt of the things you despise so much wreaks of jealousy moreso than simply displaying a strong opinion of the issue at hand.

Especially given your own conflicting opinions of such things.

Last edited by 955876 on Sat May 12, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:12 pm 

Quote:
Further, you like to paint everybody with the same brush if they express a single liberal idea or criticize your beloved country and/ or its artificial economic caste system. Generalize much? Or more accurately, you seem to have a man crush on me, as you can’t let anything critical I say go without trying to dispute it and insult me.

Actually, I haven’t painted you with any brush. You’ve done that all on your own with the countless times you’ve shaken your fist at the sky here over capitalism or anything else entrepreneurial in nature.

And I don’t respond because what you post gets my panties in a bunch. I do so because I actually enjoy taking apart some of the things you post.

It is you with the bunched panties. Shaking fist at sky over the “fucking real estate industry”.

I just find that amusing. How much interaction have you had with said industry to derive such hate?

I guess in the end it’s just your type I find myself in opposition to. Maybe I’m paining with a brush here some now. Maybe not.

I certainly could do a better job of not responding. But then, you could also do a much better job of not shaking your fist at the sky at so many of the very things that provide so much to so many.

I’ll leave you be.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:25 pm 

I use to snatch up tickets the second they were offered.

I keep scrolling thru these games/tickets and I have pulled the trigger yet.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:25 pm 

955876 wrote:

And yet on the other hand you strongly support the policy of further taxation on any and all income EARNED by people with next to zero accountability for who, what, where, how, and how much they spend it on.

Worse still, they are in your pocket each and every time money hits that pocket. Matter of fact, they have such a nice gig the system allows them to be first in line. They get our money before we do.

That’s the irony I find a bit amusing. I’m no different than you or anyone else in terms of having to pay for stuff that just gets more and more expensive. The difference between us however is that I see who the bigger thief is.

You are worried about the boogeyman taking a few bucks out of your wallet all the while ignoring the one draining your bank account.

I’ve paid the powers that be more in taxes already this year than I paid in commission to my realtor. I’m all square with her. Still got a lifetime of servitude to the other.

Maybe we should just eliminate the real estate industry. Never mind the job loss. Just fill out a few government mandated forms and your house can be sold. Pay us the fee instead and we will rid you of those evil realtors stealing from you.

What you are left with is one big player left in town. And guess who that one player is?

Well, I was recently banned for talking politics so all I can do at this point is :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:00 pm 

I don't get the hating on real estate agents. Yeah, it sucks to see that 6% come out of your sale. And, yeah it isn't rocket science. But a good real estate agent is well worth it. Saves you a helluva a lot of effort and I'll bet my life even an average real estate agent will fetch more for a home and move it quicker than an average joe going the Sell by Owner route. I even use an agent to find new renters for my rental property. Twice this agent found and screened quality renters within 3 weeks of the apartment going on the market. And he got several hundred dollars more per month than I was anticipating. As for Ticketmaster, problem is the fees are just so vague that you are not even sure what they are. It is one thing to get gouged. It is another thing to not even fully understand what it is you are being gouged for. Except the $2.50 charge to print your own ticket. That is clear as day and perhaps the most absurd fee that a consumer will ever encounter for any business transaction for any type of service.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:32 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
I fucking hate the real estate industry. Big scam. It's not rocket surgery, but they make it sound like it is. It's all about exposure, and they have a monopoly on it. And we all just accept it like sheep.

The middle man is part and parcel to capitalism and the american DNA.

Ah the Cor-Ten capitalism dig.

The amount of irony in your post is quite funny.

First, let’s break down this “hate” of the real estate industry. Seems odd to have such strong feelings towards an industry such as that. While I agree it isn’t “rocket science”, there are still many steps and a good realtor does make things go more smoothly. You are paying for a service. The value of that service can be debated. I don’t like paying anymore than you do but can at least recognize there is some value add to what they provide.

Ended up in a situation a few years ago where I needed to sell my home quickly. Found a realator and told her I don’t need top dollar as much as I need first dollar. Get me an offer.

She told me the stuff she wanted done to the house, gave me a couple weeks to take care of it then held an open house. Got an offer and sold home that weekend. She was invaluable to me and my situation at the time. Now at this point I don’t recall if I paid her 4, 5, or 6%. Didn’t like paying it but the value she provided offset it for me.

And about a year and a half later I used her again. This time as the buyer rather than seller. And I didn’t have to pay her a dime and used far more of her time than I did when she was selling for me.

So if I had to pay say 5% as the seller but nothing as the buyer it really works out to be a 2.5% commission each way. Now whether that is still too high or not is open for debate but it brings things in more perspective.

You can negaotiate a realator down to say 3%. So you are now at 1.5% for their service each way.

Is that still high enough for you to “hate” the industry so strongly?

Did a realator screw you over once?

Otherwise, how often does the average person really need their services? A small handful of times in their lives? For some maybe only twice? Others 4-5?

A service you are still completely free to choose not to use yet you still hate so much?

All the while “fucking hating” realtors. Someone who might get in your pocket but only a few times over a lifetime.

Difference between a realtor and these ticket fees is that there is no choice. As you said, some realtors work at different percentages. If you don't like the person or their fee structure, then you can go to the next agent in line

With ticketmaster and other online transactional business, there is no choice. Like Lit said it's a monopoly

Normally I agree with your stances but if you were a capitalist as you say you are, you'd recognize that Adam Smith would hate ticketmaster with a passion

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 am 

I wasn’t talking about Ticketmaster Brasco.

I was talking about having “hatred” for real estate agents because of their fees (which can be negotiated AND is a very infrequent expenditure) yet being pretty cool with the Gov digging deeper and deeper into people’s pockets in the constant manner for which they do.

The irony catches me as a bit amusing as well as typical.

I’m not a fan of paying a 20% “service fee” for an extremely small “service”.

It’s really just a huge mark-up.

Albeit one we are still free to walk away from.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:20 am 

It came and went and I did not get any tickets.

I don't care and If I hit a game this year, I can get my hands on some then.

Bah. The good ole days, how I miss them.