It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ticketmaster waiting list scramble
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:44 am 

Starts at 10 am today. I may actually buy a few this year.

Post subject: Re: Ticketmaster waiting list scramble
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:11 am 

Well I got tickets, but pretty sure this will be the last time. $65 in fees for three tickets. $155 a pop for nosebleeds. Add in $50 parking and concessions and it’s not worth it at all. Only reason I’m going is to give the kid the experience. Man did they ruin the game day experience in the last 15 years.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:15 am 

SP wrote:
Well I got tickets, but pretty sure this will be the last time. $65 in fees for three tickets. $155 a pop for nosebleeds. Add in $50 parking and concessions and it’s not worth it at all. Only reason I’m going is to give the kid the experience. Man did they ruin the game day experience in the last 15 years.

Just got concert tickets a couple of weeks ago for the Nelson/Morrison/Tedeschi Trucks/Sturgill Simpson show in Hershey, and the "fees" from Ticketbastard were similarly exorbitant. It had been a while since I got tickets that way, and I was sticker shocked as hell.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:12 am 

I got tickets to Jim Jefferies for about $60 each, Slayer and 4 other bands for about 100 each. I can't imagine what a Steelers game would cost, so I may never make the trip. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:30 am 

Not to be judgmental or critical, but I'm sure you all know the reason the fees are "exorbitant" is because people like you keep paying them.

It's the same reason they keep making the seats smaller and closer together on airplanes, and create price points based on "access" to the front of the cabin. Or paying $800 for a smart phone/ tablet every year that has unbelievable margins unheard of in other industries.

In addition to a nation wide labor strike, there should be a nation wide boycott of select services/ products. Should be at least two weekends a month.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:35 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Not to be judgmental or critical, but I'm sure you all know the reason the fees are "exorbitant" is because people like you keep paying them.

It's the same reason they keep making the seats smaller and closer together on airplanes, and create price points based on "access" to the front of the cabin. Or paying $800 for a smart phone/ tablet every year that has unbelievable margins unheard of in other industries.

In addition to a nation wide labor strike, there should be a nation wide boycott of select services/ products. Should be at least two weekends a month.

Respect your political stance, but a couple of those acts aren't really going to be around long enough for me to protest by "boycotting the service."

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:39 am 

Agreed Perch the price of this shit is bonkers.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:05 pm 

I passed this year. I went to the playoff debacle because those are such easy buys for people on the waiting list. I figured I'd buy a couple extra in case a friend or family member wanted them. Shit, nobody wanted to go. It was damn near impossible to sell them for face value. Luckily a friend of a friend was interested and bought them from me on game day. Tickets are just not in high demand anymore.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:13 pm 

Ice wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Respect your political stance, but a couple of those acts aren't really going to be around long enough for me to protest by "boycotting the service."
I get it. Like I said I wasn't being judgmental. Shit is what it is, but you have to admit certain industries have us over a barrel. We have very little choice, when supposedly we have choices. Plural. It's either pay the fee or forego a once in a lifetime experience. Cram yourself into a sardine can and suffer for 6 hours or don't visit your sick parent, or brand new grandchild, or whatever. Or sacrifice a kidney for a humane sized seat ready for the 85th percentile, not the 30th, or conversely, take three days to get there by train, or drive. And when the distance between the haves and have nots increases yearly. . . You get the idea.

But enough of that. Yeah, fuck ticketmaster or whoever.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:28 pm 

Oh, definitely, Cor. Even at the fees charged way back (most of the acts I see handle their own ticket sales, at this point, or are playing in clubs/small venues that fall outside Ticketbastard's Imperial Influence), I was super pleased when Pearl Jam (I think) sued them. If I want to see that show, my options certainly are limited.