It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben says he wants to play 3-5 more years
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:49 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Then Ben is suiting up for some other team ....

Replaces a retiring Brady in NE.....plays 10 more years in that cheating offense and wins 8 rings and breaks every passing record in the book. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:31 am 

Scunge wrote:
What is so frustrating for me is that Ben is damaging his legacy by making these comments about Rudolph. This past week everyone is piling on again and bringing up past discretions, old commentary of Ben being selfish, of being immature, of not being a good teammate, just painting a bad picture of him all over again.

Bullshit. Seriously. Complete and utter bullshit. People have nothing else to do but overreact and harp about a starting QBs comments because it is easy to produce click bait.

There is nothing more ridiculous than assigning any importance to it or declaring how it will damage a legacy.

Fucking Really?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:49 am 

Yes, really.

This is the type of bullshit by Ben that might make the Steelers not extend him. Many of you can say this is all silly and that would never happen, well, I saw how badly Troy Polamalu's time came to an end here in Pittsburgh and also just witnessed how they treated James Harrison this past season. Anything can happen and Ben does not need to be helping that crappy outcome become a reality. I don't want to see him playing for another team.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:01 pm 

The fact that this non-sequitur of a media exchange has generated 16 pages, and the fact that this is the direction it's taking, is probably the 3rd biggest reason to miss Penguins playoff hockey already. Currently hoping the Buccos can make some noise until there's some real football to talk. All this thread needs is to somehow blame it on Tomlin...

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:12 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Yes, really.

This is the type of bullshit by Ben that might make the Steelers not extend him. Many of you can say this is all silly and that would never happen, well, I saw how badly Troy Polamalu's time came to an end here in Pittsburgh and also just witnessed how they treated James Harrison this past season. Anything can happen and Ben does not need to be helping that crappy outcome become a reality. I don't want to see him playing for another team.

Troy was slow at the end of his career and Harrison was done in their eyes (didn't fit the scheme)

As long as Ben is playing at a high level, it won't be an issue. Ben is Ben and will say stupid shit at times. This won't be the last. That doesn't take away the fact he has become a good leader on this team.

I've read and/or heard MLB players make comments to reporters regarding their disappointment that management didn't go all in by trading minor league prospects at the trade deadline for immediate help for a chance to win the world series.

As I've said before, overblown and it will blow over most likely.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Yes, really.

Troy's ended badly as his ability slipped badly. Lots of players have an issue giving up the game. Troy was one. I don't think impacted his legacy. James situation I put on Dumblin and it won't matter in a year since he has retired. Let's see if he signs a one day contract.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:06 pm 

Quote:
I don't want to see him playing for another team.

I don’t either.

However, if he keeps throwing fewer TDs and more INTs than his counterpart in postseason games him playing elsewhere could become pretty attractive

Post subject: Re: Ben says he wants to play 3-5 more year
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:50 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

I don’t either.

However, if he keeps throwing fewer TDs and more INTs than his counterpart in postseason games him playing elsewhere could become pretty attractive

Keeps? Like he threw 5 TDs and 1 INT in his last game?

There has been exactly one time in his last 6 postseason games that he has thrown fewer TDs and more INTs that his counterpart.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:29 pm 

Ben is coming off one of the greatest performances of his career. Arguably 3 top 15-20 plays in his entire career came in his last game against the best D in football.

Dude is far from finished. Have a feeling he's going to feast next season.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:37 pm 

TB wrote:
Ben is coming off one of the greatest performances of his career. Arguably 3 top 15-20 plays in his entire career came in his last game against the best D in football.

From week 6 onwards, (coincidentally right about the time they tried to get Haley off the sideline and brought Fichtner down) he was a stud. 277-424 65.3% 3451 8.14YPA 27/8 103.8 rating

Post subject: Re: Ben says he wants to play 3-5 more year
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:47 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
955876 wrote:
Quote:

I don’t either.

Keeps? Like he threw 5 TDs and 1 INT in his last game?

There has been exactly one time in his last 6 postseason games that he has thrown fewer TDs and more INTs that his counterpart.

I posted the stats some time back. They really aren’t debatable as the numbers are what they are.

Start with our most recent Super Bowl and move forward.

And I’ve also said this before, and that’s when it comes to winning postseason games sometimes it’s the throws you don’t make as much as the ones you do that make a difference.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:47 pm 

He was the best QB in football the second half of the season IMO.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:51 pm 

Ice wrote:
The fact that this non-sequitur of a media exchange has generated 16 pages, and the fact that this is the direction it's taking, is probably the 3rd biggest reason to miss Penguins playoff hockey already. Currently hoping the Buccos can make some noise until there's some real football to talk. All this thread needs is to somehow blame it on Tomlin...

Ask and ye shall receive.

BECAUSE TOMLIN!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:52 pm 

TB wrote:

One QB turned the ball over and one didn’t.

Wanna pretty sure bet?

The QB that turns it over less often is the winning QB in a postseason game.

But ya, let’s celebrate some stats that get piled on in a losing effort.

I’m not questioning his ability.

I’m questioning why such a seasoned vet is still tossing picks down by his own EZ rather than just throwing it away.

As great as those 5 TDs were, it was his turnovers that played a huge part in creating the hole we were in.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:10 pm 

It was a one score game 9 minutes left in the third, there was no "piled on" stats.

We lost the game because the Jaguars had three possessions in the fourth quarter:

5 plays, 61 yards, TD - in 2:10
8 plays, 75 yards, TD - in 4:46
4 plays, 9 yards after the failed onside kick, FG - in 33 seconds

We would've been better served if the defense literally laid down on the f'n field and let them walk into the endzone, at least our offense would have had more time to work with. You cannot win a game if your defense is letting your opponent march down the field with ease.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:10 pm 

TB wrote:

And got bounced at home in the playoffs to a team they had already played and two weeks to prepare for.

Ben’s turnovers early put us in a hole we couldn’t dig out of.

Simply looking at the players involved one would expect it to be Bortles tossing picks and fumbling.

Not the 14 year veteran HOFer that had the benefit of playing at home and two weeks to prep.

Go figure.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:14 pm 

955876 wrote:
TB wrote:

And got bounced at home in the playoffs to a team they had already played and two weeks to prepare for.

Simply looking at the players involved one would expect it to be Bortles tossing picks and fumbling.

Not the 14 year veteran HOFer that had the benefit of playing at home and two weeks to prep.

Go figure.

Umm, we did dig out of the hole. We scored 42 points against the best D in football.

We lost the game because the defense could not stop them at all. It was Varsity against JV. The Jags scored 17 points in the fourth quarter and marched down the field with ease.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:27 pm 

And here are the stats you were questioning B2B...

Last 6 postseason games:
Ben has 9 TDs and 5 INTs with a 3-3 record.
Counterparts are 7/3.

I’m sure you’ll agree that 5 TD game was more an anomaly than the norm. Stats show it’s on the far end of his curve. So even though he has more TDs (aided greatly by one game) he also still has more INTs. And that’s never a winning metric.

And why stop at 6 games? Cherry picking?

Why not go back to the last SB we lost?

Go back that far, which makes sense to me given it was the last time we sniffed a championship, and the stats get worse for Benjisan.

All of a sudden it’s 13 TDs/10 INTs vs 14 TDs/3 INTs.

Are you actually going to defend or try to spin those stats?

7 INTs to 3?

And fewer TDs even with a 5 TD game in the books?

His average number of TDs WITH that 5 TD game is 1.44/game over 9 games.

Without the Jville game he is a 1 TD/game QB over those 8 games.

His counterparts are 1.5.

He also threw a pick a game over those 8 games.

His counterparts, 0.375

Turnovers lose football games. Especially postseason games.

I’m not going to say what he did vs Jville wasn’t impressive.

But are you going to argue he’s been playing winning ball in the postseason over the past DECADE?

The stats support my argument.

In spades.

Last edited by 955876 on Wed May 09, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:35 pm 

TB wrote:
955876 wrote:
TB wrote:

Go figure.

Umm, we did dig out of the hole. We scored 42 points against the best D in football.

We lost the game because the defense could not stop them at all. It was Varsity against JV. The Jags scored 17 points in the fourth quarter and marched down the field with ease.

I agree the D was horrific.

But shouldn’t Ben know just how bad they are too?

Shouldn’t Ben know that tossing a pick that leads to 7 is going to be VERY detrimental given how bad the D is?

We can play this game all day. Want me to pull up games throughout league history where a QB puts up impressive “stats” but loses the game? Most likely a result of those pesky fumbles & INTs they sprinkled in along the way. In numbers greater than their counterparts.

Ben is a stud.

He just still makes boneheaded mistakes that at this point the team isn’t able to overcome.

He needs to know he can’t have those mistakes.

Not sure what you guys are defending here.

In our last 9 postseason games Ben has 10 picks. His counterparts have 3.

And if Cincy doesn’t completely meltdown, he is likely 2-7 over those 9 games.

Last edited by 955876 on Wed May 09, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:54 pm 

TB wrote:
4 plays, 9 yards after the failed onside kick, FG - in 33 seconds

FUCKING TOMLIN!!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:58 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:

From week 6 onwards, (coincidentally right about the time they tried to get Haley off the sideline and brought Fichtner down) he was a stud. 277-424 65.3% 3451 8.14YPA 27/8 103.8 rating

The 8.14 YPA is beastly. More of that, please.

Looking for a big year from Ben and hopefully great things from our new OC.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:10 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:

Not so coincidentally.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:02 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:

Not so coincidentally.

Looks like Jeemie has competition for the highly coveted Hall Monitor position at Steelerfury.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:48 pm 

Kay Adams thinks the Rudolph drafting will be beneficial for both the team and Ben. Listen....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning- ... on-Rudolph

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:38 pm 

I listened. I doubt the presence of Rudolph is going to "benefit" Ben this season. Down the road... who knows.

This season, I expect Ben to benefit from having a 2nd year JuJu, the rook Washington, and new OC Fichtner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next